Ross Siler sticking it to Boozer

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Ross Siler sticking it to Boozer 

Post#1 » by carrottop12 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:42 pm

Found this interesting, looks like it isn't just Jazz fans to are having a hard time with Boozer's antics.

http://blogs.sltrib.com/jazz/2009/01/ja ... ons-82.htm

Ross Siler - SL Tribune wrote:Without passing judgment, the Jazz and Carlos Boozer have had two major communication breakdowns since the summer that are worth noting, especially in light of what happened Saturday morning.

The first came last summer when the Olympic team officially was announced. The Jazz called a news conference at their practice facility and set up two sets of pictures - - Deron Williams and John Stockton, Boozer and Karl Malone in their USA Basketball uniforms.

Williams showed up in person; Boozer was set to join by conference call from Miami. When it came time to start, the Jazz repeatedly tried to reach Boozer, but he was nowhere to be found. The news conference went on with only Williams.

Fast forward to Saturday, when Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor greeted us at the morning shootaround by saying that he had yet to hear from Boozer's doctor nearly 24 hours after Boozer had undergone arthroscopic knee surgery.

You could chalk up each of these to miscommunication, but taken together it's hard not to question what's going on.

Sounds like KOC isn't really thrilled about it either.

It clearly appears that Booze has one foot squarely out the door already this season, I say good luck, thanks for helping us, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Re: Ross Siler sticking it to Boozer 

Post#2 » by CAE15 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:28 pm

we thought the same thing a few years back. until boozer actually leaves us, im going to just support him and hope he helps lead us to the NBA Finals. Boozer is loyal to Utah for now, if I was a cavs fan i might have a different opinion but i believe people can change. we'll see.
jazzfanak47
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#3 » by jazzfanak47 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:20 am

I know alot of people are having a hard time with boozer and all of his "antics" but we really dont know anything for sure and until we have hard evidence proving he really isnt good for the team im going to support him.
i want to hear his teammates blast him or people around him blast him which they havent which tells me he is being honest
Bottom line he plays for my team and as long as he is on the roster i will support him however i can

GO JAZZ!!!
erudite23
Lead Assistant
And1: 659

Post#4 » by erudite23 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:01 am

much ado....just a bit of un-professional behavior from Booz, is all. What a ridiculous way to suggest the guy is in fact going to leave. The truth is, that is how Boozer is. He doesn't communicate well at times. Its happened several times during his stay here. It didn't mean he was leaving then, and it doesn't mean that now. He may well leave. But if he does, it will be a purely financial decision. This is just a bunch of bored reporters and fans jerking each other off over nothing.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,109

Post#5 » by jazzfan1971 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:45 am

I remember that Malone used to irritate me every summer as well. The more things change the more they stay the same I guess.

Well, except Malone never missed games due to injury.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
hoops4life
General Manager
And1: 31

Post#6 » by hoops4life » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:23 am

LHM kind of stuck it to boozer last night. He talked about injuries and that he is okay with Okur and Millsap because they both have played through pain before in the past and knows that they would play if they could. He trusts them and knows that they will be back as soon as they can and won't question them. He didn't say a thing about Boozer.
freakazoid
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#7 » by freakazoid » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:32 am

hoops4life wrote:LHM kind of stuck it to boozer last night. He talked about injuries and that he is okay with Okur and Millsap because they both have played through pain before in the past and knows that they would play if they could. He trusts them and knows that they will be back as soon as they can and won't question them. He didn't say a thing about Boozer.

Typical excuses from Larry.

He already said he won't pay the luxury tax, so why does he feel the need to explain why his team will continue to be second rate for years to come?

I get the feeling Larry is more than happy being 3rd place after Denver and Portland this year.

If I was Boozer, I'd be hoping to get traded also.

LHM and junior suck ass.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#8 » by BarneyGumble » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:55 pm

jazzfan1971 wrote:I remember that Malone used to irritate me every summer as well. The more things change the more they stay the same I guess.

Well, except Malone never missed games due to injury.

That, and Malone was worth being irritated over.

I agree Boozer is not a total scumbag trying to milk an injury and get paid. I believe he is simply like the rest of us working professionals...out for himself. This doesnt translate well to a guy if he wants to have lots of fans...which Booz doesn't seem overly concerned w/ (hence why he left Cleveland for us).

If he decides Utah is his best option...I expect he'll get healthy soon, get on the floor, play well, sign up (after considering his options), and be a good professional on the court again. Off it...well, like I said, he's like us :lol:
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#9 » by BarneyGumble » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:59 pm

freakazoid wrote:
hoops4life wrote:LHM kind of stuck it to boozer last night. He talked about injuries and that he is okay with Okur and Millsap because they both have played through pain before in the past and knows that they would play if they could. He trusts them and knows that they will be back as soon as they can and won't question them. He didn't say a thing about Boozer.

Typical excuses from Larry.

He already said he won't pay the luxury tax, so why does he feel the need to explain why his team will continue to be second rate for years to come?

I get the feeling Larry is more than happy being 3rd place after Denver and Portland this year.

If I was Boozer, I'd be hoping to get traded also.

LHM and junior suck ass.

Sorry man, but I disagree big time.

First, its Larry's organization. He can do whatever he wants with it. That shouldnt matter.

Second, if you want evidence of how many championships money buys you, look at the Knicks. There is more to a good public brand than simply money. The Jazz has good personnel in all levels of their organization, right down to the people that take your ticket stubs. They have a coaching staff who's amazing tenure literally speaks to the loyalty and hard work that is the brand of the Utah Jazz. They do their best to get players that embody that ethic, who also happen to fit their philosophy on the court. Its very difficult to do. And it DEFINATELY does not require big bucks (all the time). But definately not enough to pass the cap.
hoops4life
General Manager
And1: 31

Post#10 » by hoops4life » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:06 pm

The underlying thing about LHM's comments are the fact that he trusts Okur and Millsap and that they are hardworkers and would play if they could. He didn't include Boozer in that. I got the impression that LHM was calling Boozer out and calling him a slacker and a bit of a fake.

Return to Utah Jazz