Millsap to undergo MRI.

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Millsap to undergo MRI. 

Post#1 » by carrottop12 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:06 pm

So this season just keeps getting more and more awesome.

After banging knee's with Kyle Korver, Millsap's knee just isn't getting better so he's off to get an MRI and won't play tonight. He says it feels worse then when he hyper extended his other knee which cost him three games.

Lets just hope to god that this isn't anything serious, you could pretty much flush the Jazz season down the drain if the Jazz lose Millsap for an extended period of time.
schneiderjazz
Assistant Coach
And1: 19

Re: Millsap to undergo MRI. 

Post#2 » by schneiderjazz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Are you **** kidding me? This injury thing is way beyond ridiculous.
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#3 » by JStockLivesOn » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:57 pm

Wow.

God help us.

What's up, Kosta?
"Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter."
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Post#4 » by loserX » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:20 pm

I can't believe that Matt Harpring now officially has the healthiest legs on our team.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#5 » by FJS » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:28 pm

erudite23
Lead Assistant
And1: 659

Post#6 » by erudite23 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:04 pm

What a pussy....what is the MRI for, a sprained vagina?.....he must be faking it, why else would he say its just a bruise, and then mysteriously not play, and now an MRI? WTF GTFO YOU MFing POS!!!!

Where is all that? Or does the hyper-suspicious, frothing-at-the-mouth name calling only apply to one of our PFs when they are out longer than we expect?
Reckless
Analyst
And1: 564

Post#7 » by Reckless » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:03 am

good god
GP
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by GP » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:05 am

erudite23 wrote:What a pussy....what is the MRI for, a sprained vagina?.....he must be faking it, why else would he say its just a bruise, and then mysteriously not play, and now an MRI? WTF GTFO YOU MFing POS!!!!

Where is all that? Or does the hyper-suspicious, frothing-at-the-mouth name calling only apply to one of our PFs when they are out longer than we expect?

Erudite, you beat me to it. I bet millsap is milking it, because he knows someone is going to give him a lot of money during the off-season. Banging knees? are you kidding me? May be we should put in Fez, at least with him we have someone with heart.
erudite23
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by erudite23 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:12 am

GP wrote:
erudite23 wrote:What a pussy....what is the MRI for, a sprained vagina?.....he must be faking it, why else would he say its just a bruise, and then mysteriously not play, and now an MRI? WTF GTFO YOU MFing POS!!!!

Erudite, you beat me to it. I bet millsap is milking it, because he knows someone is going to give him a lot of money during the off-season. Banging knees? are you kidding me? May be we should put in Fez, at least with him we have someone with heart.

You couldn't be more right. He knows if he sits now he will get more money in the off-season when he is a FA....

...what?....what do you mean that doesn't make sense? You must be an idiot too!! MICHAEL!!!!
HammerDunk
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by HammerDunk » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:05 am

erudite23 wrote:
GP wrote:

You couldn't be more right. He knows if he sits now he will get more money in the off-season when he is a FA....

...what?....what do you mean that doesn't make sense? You must be an idiot too!! MICHAEL!!!!

There's a big difference between what is going on with Booz and Sap. If you are too ignorant to see that, then you are blind.
Word is, South Beach is ecstatic that they
won't be seeing Millsaps talents again this season...
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by JStockLivesOn » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:42 pm

UPDATE:

Jazz forward Paul Millsap had an MRI on his injured right knee on Wednesday that confirmed bruising, but no structural damage.

"It's real good," Millsap said. "It lets me know it's not as serious as I thought it was. So, hopefully, a fast recovery, and I can get back out on the court."

He missed a second straight game on Wednesday night, and is considered "day-to-day."
"Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter."
carrottop12
RealGM

Post#12 » by carrottop12 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:27 pm

I have to disagree with you on this one.

For one thing, Millsap has played 82 games in every season but this one, and doesn't have a long history i.e. three seasons of saying, "I'm coming back next week" then sitting out a dozen more games. Lets not forget the, "I'm completely healthy on the last day of the season" incident or the let me fly to LA and not have someone call the team until a day after surgery to let them know how it went surgery.

Not to mention I've never once heard Millsap talk about money this season, injured or not.

Oh yeah, and there's the whole part about Millsap actually playing defense and putting himself in a position to get injured which I can understand.

Boozer sticks his foot in his mouth routinely, there is a very respectable quiet dignity that Paul Millsap has that few people could dream of, that's the difference.
JStockLivesOn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by JStockLivesOn » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:14 pm

I certainly don't think Boozer is "faking" the injury, but I think it's indisputable that Paul is 45,000 times as tough as him. I'll let the rest sort itself out.
Sloanfeld
Banned User

Post#14 » by Sloanfeld » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:43 am

Batronuj wrote:
erudite23 wrote:For one thing, Millsap has played 82 games in every season but this one, and doesn't have a long history i.e. three seasons of saying, "I'm coming back next week" then sitting out a dozen more games. Lets not forget the, "I'm completely healthy on the last day of the season" incident or the let me fly to LA and not have someone call the team until a day after surgery to let them know how it went surgery.

Boozer also averages about twice as many minutes per game for his career, which gives him a bigger chance of getting hurt.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that Millsap is getting a free pass here. And it's not just Boozer who gets bitched at, it's AK and Okur too.
carrottop12
RealGM

Post#15 » by carrottop12 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:00 am

Everyone is comparing apples and oranges here.

You are saying that everyone is claiming Boozer is faking injuries, no one else is saying that. We are just upset at how often Boozer is injured, and how his injuries are always prolonged, and usually a bit ambiguous.

And, if we saw Boozer getting in and mixing it up in the middle like Millsap does I am sure we would have a lot more sympathy, but he's a finesse player, he's injury prone, and he doesn't play as hard as Paul.
HammerDunk
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by HammerDunk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:05 am

Sloanfeld wrote:
Batronuj wrote:
erudite23 wrote:For one thing, Millsap has played 82 games in every season but this one, and doesn't have a long history i.e. three seasons of saying, "I'm coming back next week" then sitting out a dozen more games. Lets not forget the, "I'm completely healthy on the last day of the season" incident or the let me fly to LA and not have someone call the team until a day after surgery to let them know how it went surgery.

Boozer also averages about twice as many minutes per game for his career, which gives him a bigger chance of getting hurt.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that Millsap is getting a free pass here. And it's not just Boozer who gets bitched at, it's AK and Okur too.

Funny that the guy with the sig that makes fun of Boozer is all over his peanuts like a 12 year old super fanboy.

How about this.

I will be as hard on Paul when he stretches this injury out for 2 months longer than he should.

When he does this again in 3 more years.

When he demands a raise while he is sitting out on the sidelines organizing his purse because all of the sudden all the attention is now squarely on the undersized guy working his tail off to get 18 DDs in a row while making less than a mil and he wants to be the center of attention again.

That sounds fair to me.
Sloanfeld
Banned User

Post#17 » by Sloanfeld » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:21 am

HammerDunk wrote:Funny that the guy with the sig that makes fun of Boozer is all over his peanuts like a 12 year old super fanboy.

My sig features Olympic Boozer. You can't compare Olympic Boozer with Jazz Boozer. Olympic Boozer is like Fes.
erudite23
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by erudite23 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:50 pm

1) There is no doubt that Millsap is a tougher and more energetic player than Boozer.

2) There is no doubt that Boozer has had a longer injury history than Millsap. But let's also not forget that he had TWO **** ING YEARS OF GOOD HEALTH between this injury and his last one. Its not an annual thing by any stretch.

3) Anyone who uses the "Boozer asked for a raise" logic is a dumb ****. He made a stupid mistake talking to a reporter, and has come out and admitted that a) he shouldn't have said anything at all, b) he didn't think he was giving the guy an interview, he was just saying the obvious (ie, we ALL KNOW he was getting a raise, so its not a sin to say it...or wouldn't be in anything but this god forsaken country of ours) and c) the guy reporting twisted his words. He was a bonehead for not maintaining his guard, but its not like the guy was campaigning for a raise like Terrell Owens or anyting. He just said "It would be stupid of me not to opt out. I will make more money on a new contract than the one I'm on." Something that had been reported ad nauseum by every media agency in the world. Don't be a douche.
HammerDunk
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by HammerDunk » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:22 am

He was a douche for even talking about contracts at all. Ask anyone else on the team, especially the healthy ones, and they have their heads in the right place, I guarantee that...
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#20 » by BarneyGumble » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:48 pm

Any update on Millsap's status for tonite's game in Dallas?

Return to Utah Jazz