OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble

Moderator: Andre Roberstan

User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 43,896
And1: 26,124
Joined: Mar 01, 2013
       

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1341 » by bondom34 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Read on Twitter
Dion Waiters wrote: What’s the analytics on that?

E: Pacers for Reggie
W: Thunder for Russ
Knrstz
Starter
Posts: 2,377
And1: 785
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Fayetteville, AR
 

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1342 » by Knrstz » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:15 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
Knrstz wrote:I don't know who Luka is but I question anyone who can't even get our team name correct.


What did he get wrong? :-?

We aren't the Oklahoma thunder. I don't know why that's so hard for the media. I never hear anyone say the Kansas Chiefs or the New York City Knicks. Get our name right.
EuropeanBball
Freshman
Posts: 81
And1: 61
Joined: Jun 21, 2017
   

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1343 » by EuropeanBball » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Knrstz wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:
Knrstz wrote:I don't know who Luka is but I question anyone who can't even get our team name correct.


What did he get wrong? :-?

We aren't the Oklahoma thunder. I don't know why that's so hard for the media. I never hear anyone say the Kansas Chiefs or the New York City Knicks. Get our name right.

Is this ok?
Read on Twitter
Knrstz
Starter
Posts: 2,377
And1: 785
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Fayetteville, AR
 

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1344 » by Knrstz » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:48 pm

EuropeanBball wrote:
Knrstz wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:
What did he get wrong? :-?

We aren't the Oklahoma thunder. I don't know why that's so hard for the media. I never hear anyone say the Kansas Chiefs or the New York City Knicks. Get our name right.

Is this ok?
Read on Twitter

Much. :)
Balkman32
Starter
Posts: 2,295
And1: 207
Joined: Jul 19, 2007
 

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1345 » by Balkman32 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:52 pm

I wonder if it would be a partially guaranteed deal or a 2-way contract...
User avatar
retrobro90
Sophomore
Posts: 185
And1: 48
Joined: Jan 21, 2017
 

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1346 » by retrobro90 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:23 pm

**** yeah! Haha no one probably remembers but I suggested Wanamaker months ago when we had a gaping hole at backup pg. Really hope we strike a deal with him.
EuropeanBball
Freshman
Posts: 81
And1: 61
Joined: Jun 21, 2017
   

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1347 » by EuropeanBball » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Balkman32 wrote:I wonder if it would be a partially guaranteed deal or a 2-way contract...

I dont think so, he is top 5 PG in Europe (and he could be best next season because Teodosic is in NBA now and Llull suffered ACL injury), he will not pass few millions in Europe for non-guaranteed or two-way contract.
NYG
Freshman
Posts: 80
And1: 15
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1348 » by NYG » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Ryan Anderson for Enes Kanter, Kyle Singler and Jerami Grant? $4.5 Million less in 2017-18 salary (not counting the luxury tax savings) and two added roster spots?
Atomic Punk
Ballboy
Posts: 26
And1: 8
Joined: Jul 03, 2017
Location: Earth

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1349 » by Atomic Punk » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:15 pm

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand this whole trade Kanter at all costs thing. He is a very talented offensive player who is not a very good defensive player. Ok, so trade him for Ryan Anderson? A one dimensional, injury prone player who is arguably one of the worst defensive players at his position who did not perform well in this years playoffs. And trade other assets and depth to get him because it will save a few bucks and open up two roster spots? Those roster spots will be filled by......? Look Kanter has flaws, but he is a terrific low post scorer who has the ability to stretch his range, is a very good rebounder, particularly at the offensive end, he is still young, has indicated that he loves being in OKC, and is well liked by his teammates. Does he need to learn/be coached to understand defensive rotations, when to pass out of a double team, when to kick out to the point and reset the offense? Absolutely. Do you trade him along with other players/picks for someone like Anderson or make another type of lateral move just to get rid of him? In my opinion, no way.
ThunderTime
Ballboy
Posts: 17
And1: 2
Joined: Jul 01, 2017
 

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1350 » by ThunderTime » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:14 pm

Atomic Punk wrote:I'm sorry, but I just don't understand this whole trade Kanter at all costs thing. He is a very talented offensive player who is not a very good defensive player. Ok, so trade him for Ryan Anderson? A one dimensional, injury prone player who is arguably one of the worst defensive players at his position who did not perform well in this years playoffs. And trade other assets and depth to get him because it will save a few bucks and open up two roster spots? Those roster spots will be filled by......? Look Kanter has flaws, but he is a terrific low post scorer who has the ability to stretch his range, is a very good rebounder, particularly at the offensive end, he is still young, has indicated that he loves being in OKC, and is well liked by his teammates. Does he need to learn/be coached to understand defensive rotations, when to pass out of a double team, when to kick out to the point and reset the offense? Absolutely. Do you trade him along with other players/picks for someone like Anderson or make another type of lateral move just to get rid of him? In my opinion, no way.


I fully agree. Kanter was a black hole on offense last season but keep in mind he played with one of the worst benches in the leaugue. Kanter showed us he is a team first guy and willing to learn. Give the guy a better bench to pass out to and we might see a whole different ballgame when Russ sits. I truly believe Kanter benefits from having felton there with a 2nd year Abrines, Doug and maybe a staggered PG13. Kanter just might be that gem no one realizes it was there all along. A trade swapping him for Anderson is a dumb road to walk in my opinion. Kanter can only get better with these team changes, Anderson is what he is and not worth the contract he is on. Sure we might get exposed playing Kanter next PO´s, but if the guy has a solid RS his contract becomes somewhat of a benefit next offseason. Andersons contract will be just as **** next year as it is this year. Unless we somehow find a way to swap Kanter and filler for Melo (which is highly unlikely at this point) We shouldnt be looking for a deal involving trading kanter his **** contract for a even worse Anderson contract. For all you folks hating Kanter and his contract right now he might be a key factor scoring major points with the bench come next PO time.
User avatar
retrobro90
Sophomore
Posts: 185
And1: 48
Joined: Jan 21, 2017
 

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1351 » by retrobro90 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:46 am

ThunderTime wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:I'm sorry, but I just don't understand this whole trade Kanter at all costs thing. He is a very talented offensive player who is not a very good defensive player. Ok, so trade him for Ryan Anderson? A one dimensional, injury prone player who is arguably one of the worst defensive players at his position who did not perform well in this years playoffs. And trade other assets and depth to get him because it will save a few bucks and open up two roster spots? Those roster spots will be filled by......? Look Kanter has flaws, but he is a terrific low post scorer who has the ability to stretch his range, is a very good rebounder, particularly at the offensive end, he is still young, has indicated that he loves being in OKC, and is well liked by his teammates. Does he need to learn/be coached to understand defensive rotations, when to pass out of a double team, when to kick out to the point and reset the offense? Absolutely. Do you trade him along with other players/picks for someone like Anderson or make another type of lateral move just to get rid of him? In my opinion, no way.


I fully agree. Kanter was a black hole on offense last season but keep in mind he played with one of the worst benches in the leaugue. Kanter showed us he is a team first guy and willing to learn. Give the guy a better bench to pass out to and we might see a whole different ballgame when Russ sits. I truly believe Kanter benefits from having felton there with a 2nd year Abrines, Doug and maybe a staggered PG13. Kanter just might be that gem no one realizes it was there all along. A trade swapping him for Anderson is a dumb road to walk in my opinion. Kanter can only get better with these team changes, Anderson is what he is and not worth the contract he is on. Sure we might get exposed playing Kanter next PO´s, but if the guy has a solid RS his contract becomes somewhat of a benefit next offseason. Andersons contract will be just as **** next year as it is this year. Unless we somehow find a way to swap Kanter and filler for Melo (which is highly unlikely at this point) We shouldnt be looking for a deal involving trading kanter his **** contract for a even worse Anderson contract. For all you folks hating Kanter and his contract right now he might be a key factor scoring major points with the bench come next PO time.


I even think it's wrong to categorize him as a black hole on offense. Before he punched the chair we saw quite a bit of playmaking from him and not just out of the post to Abrines once the double team came. There were multiple instances where Kanter was able to make a play keeping his head up in transition. I think he still has plenty to his game that he's yet to unlock and would definitely agree he's a much more valuable player than Anderson.
Kizz Fastfists
Starter
Posts: 2,318
And1: 657
Joined: Jun 05, 2014
   

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1352 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:47 am

Everyone keeps talking about Kanter like last year was the first time he was a negative player. He has NEVER in any season made his team better. This is with multiple teams and multiple seasons. If Kanter had helped a team win at any point in his career this wouldn't be a clear case of a player that is soooo bad on one end of the court that his good doesn't even come close to covering it.

Anderson has been a positive player on multiple teams in multiple seasons. His good outweighs his bad. I don't like Anderson's contract. I don't particularly like him as a player. However, if you give me a choice between Kanter and Grant or Anderson in an all-in season I'm taking Anderson every time and it isn't close.
Balkman32
Starter
Posts: 2,295
And1: 207
Joined: Jul 19, 2007
 

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1353 » by Balkman32 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:01 am

Anderson was played off the floor last year. In a game of assets. We should hold onto the better asset and find a better deal. I don't think Houston would went to send him our way anyway.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
RalphSampsonJr
Ballboy
Posts: 45
And1: 23
Joined: Jul 18, 2017
       

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1354 » by RalphSampsonJr » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:29 am

I can see why people are so keen on getting Kanter off the thunder. But not for Ryan Anderson.
If the thunder are to trade Kanter they should just look at getting that terrible contract off the books and signing Jamychal Green.
Thunder get a better big for less money.
I dont see any urgency to throw away Grant either. He is still young enough to give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to improving. His 3pt shooting has improved over the last couple seasons and he can play the four. maybe for only limited minutes but he can still stretch the fllor enough.
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 43,896
And1: 26,124
Joined: Mar 01, 2013
       

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1355 » by bondom34 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:32 am

I feel like swapping Kanter for Anderson is just adding a year to Kanter's contract.
Dion Waiters wrote: What’s the analytics on that?

E: Pacers for Reggie
W: Thunder for Russ
User avatar
Pillendreher
Head Coach
Posts: 6,002
And1: 3,009
Joined: Jan 25, 2015
 

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1356 » by Pillendreher » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:53 pm

bondom34 wrote:I feel like swapping Kanter for Anderson is just adding a year to Kanter's contract.


This. Anderson may (very well) be the better player, but the difference isn't that big tbh. They're both (only) valuable as boosters to well functioning offenses.
There's no need to wait if you know where you want to be.
Knrstz
Starter
Posts: 2,377
And1: 785
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Fayetteville, AR
 

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1357 » by Knrstz » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:59 pm

How good of a player could Ferguson and Chicago sending get us?
ThunderTime
Ballboy
Posts: 17
And1: 2
Joined: Jul 01, 2017
 

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1358 » by ThunderTime » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:36 pm

Knrstz wrote:How good of a player could Ferguson and Chicago sending get us?


Golden State might give us KD for that awesome package. We throw in Kanter to make the salaries work.
User avatar
Osirus89
Senior
Posts: 670
And1: 259
Joined: Nov 23, 2016
   

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1359 » by Osirus89 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:33 pm

Knrstz wrote:How good of a player could Ferguson and Chicago sending get us?


If Melo was willing to waive his ntc, that's probably the best you could do with that package. NY would be just fine with that return.
Ontario
Sophomore
Posts: 167
And1: 114
Joined: Aug 31, 2001
   

Re: OKC Thunder Offseason: Avengers Assemble 

Post#1360 » by Ontario » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:54 am

bondom34 wrote:I feel like swapping Kanter for Anderson is just adding a year to Kanter's contract.


Truth

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder