Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Let's Make a Deal: Thunder Trade Targets 

Post#1001 » by bondom34 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:26 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:
Why Burks over Hood? Both have been injury prone. Is it just a money situation?

Mostly, an deense.

How much does Hood really get? I can easily see a contract similar to TJ Warren

Probably, and neither are really that good. Burks is probably better and cheaper.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#1002 » by Dn4sty » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:27 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Mostly, an deense.

Probably, and neither are really that good. Burks is probably better and cheaper.

I guess I’m not seeing Burks as better. What am I missing?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1003 » by bondom34 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:30 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:

I guess I’m not seeing Burks as better. What am I missing?

Defense, rebounding, probably cheaper, health. I think they're fairly close but Burks is probably a hair better.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Post#1004 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:44 pm

The appeal of Hood is we could control him long term.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#1005 » by Pillendreher » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:18 pm

Knrstz wrote:The appeal of Hood is we could control him long term.

Presti might really like that, especially with the possibility of George leaving.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#1006 » by Pillendreher » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:44 pm

Rodney Hood may not be with the Utah Jazz for the long haul.

Multiple league sources tell The Tribune that the Jazz have increased efforts to move the shooting guard before the NBA’s Feb. 8 trade deadline, and there is enough interest throughout the league that Hood likely will be with another team for the remainder of the season.

With the deadline a little less than two weeks away, Hood joins starting big man Derrick Favors as Jazz players who are available.

Hood is averaging a career-high 16.7 points per game this season. He’s shooting 38.6 percent from 3-point range, and he’s shooting 41.3 percent overall.

But Hood, who views himself as an starter, was sent to the bench for Donovan Mitchell earlier in the season. He’s missed nine games with various injuries, and his status as a restricted free agent this summer elicits uncertainty over his long term future.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2018/01/20/jazz-looking-to-trade-rodney-hood-before-nbas-deadline/

We need to get in on this. I'd take either one, although I think Favors might help us more. Depends on if we could get an SG to come off the bench and draw fouls in any other way.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#1007 » by retrobro90 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:02 am

Pillendreher wrote:

Multiple league sources tell The Tribune that the Jazz have increased efforts to move the shooting guard before the NBA’s Feb. 8 trade deadline, and there is enough interest throughout the league that Hood likely will be with another team for the remainder of the season.

With the deadline a little less than two weeks away, Hood joins starting big man Derrick Favors as Jazz players who are available.

Hood is averaging a career-high 16.7 points per game this season. He’s shooting 38.6 percent from 3-point range, and he’s shooting 41.3 percent overall.

But Hood, who views himself as an starter, was sent to the bench for Donovan Mitchell earlier in the season. He’s missed nine games with various injuries, and his status as a restricted free agent this summer elicits uncertainty over his long term future.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2018/01/20/jazz-looking-to-trade-rodney-hood-before-nbas-deadline/

We need to get in on this. I'd take either one, although I think Favors might help us more. Depends on if we could get an SG to come off the bench and draw fouls in any other way.

Would rather Hood than Favors I think. Favors is a good player but we need dudes that can run to fit our identity. I don't trust his mobility in transition or his ability to switch. I think a bench wing is the most glaring weakness for us. Grant isn't the best backup C by a long stretch but i'll be damned if either Huestis or Ferguson see playoff minutes.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#1008 » by Pillendreher » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:08 am

retrobro90 wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:

Would rather Hood than Favors I think. Favors is a good player but we need dudes that can run to fit our identity. I don't trust his mobility in transition or his ability to switch. I think a bench wing is the most glaring weakness for us. Grant isn't the best backup C by a long stretch but i'll be damned if either Huestis or Ferguson see playoff minutes.

We need both. Can't expect to not get blown off the **** floor against good teams without a true backup Center and a guy who can penetrate off the bench.
Worm122
Senior
And1: 91

Post#1009 » by Worm122 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:23 am

Can the Thunder fit George Hill contract? He can play pg and sg for the Thunder and send Robertson to hell hahahah

Enviado do meu iPhone usando RealGM Forums
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#1010 » by Dn4sty » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:29 am

Worm122 wrote:Can the Thunder fit George Hill contract? He can play pg and sg for the Thunder and send Robertson to hell hahahah

Enviado do meu iPhone usando RealGM Forums

Hill at like 12 million per year is great. Hill on his current contract is terrible. Further Roberson is an essential part of this Thunder team.

Only way deal would even begin to make sense is if Hield came with Hill.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1011 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:42 am

Would Presti consider trading a future frp? Is it just too risky to do so at this point?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#1012 » by spearsy23 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:47 am

Pillendreher wrote:

But Hood, who views himself as an starter.

The above is troubling. He shouldn't be starting over robes either.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#1013 » by spearsy23 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:48 am

Knrstz wrote:Would Presti consider trading a future frp? Is it just too risky to do so at this point?

I think we're to the point where future firsts are far enough out that Russ (and PG if he stays) will have declined so much that you're looking at giving away lotto picks.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1014 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:00 am

spearsy23 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:Would Presti consider trading a future frp? Is it just too risky to do so at this point?

I think we're to the point where future firsts are far enough out that Russ (and PG if he stays) will have declined so much that you're looking at giving away lotto picks.

That’s one issue. Obviously I don’t expect the picks to be unprotected. The other issue is how many GMs feel secure enough in their job to trade for a frp that far out? A lot of them know they might be making the job a lot easier for the next guy.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#1015 » by Dn4sty » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:33 am

Knrstz wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:

That’s one issue. Obviously I don’t expect the picks to be unprotected. The other issue is how many GMs feel secure enough in their job to trade for a frp that far out? A lot of them know they might be making the job a lot easier for the next guy.

I think they might be willing to do a top 20 protected future first. Or maybe swap rights
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1016 » by bondom34 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:58 am

The more I look at it the less I like Hood. But the bench is so bad.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#1017 » by Pillendreher » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:58 am

spearsy23 wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:

But Hood, who views himself as an starter.

The above is troubling. He shouldn't be starting over robes either.

Yeah I get a weird vibe from him. A cynical take would be that he's a delusional, inconsistent chucker who does not play defense. I don't know if that's 100 % true, but he's a weird player to grade. Browsing the Jazz board, it doesn't look like they're head over heels in love with him. I've seen a lot of negative takes on him.
yb90
Senior
And1: 214

Post#1018 » by yb90 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:31 pm

Hood and Jerebko would probably be the best cheap deal OKC could do.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#1019 » by Pillendreher » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:35 pm

yb90 wrote:Hood and Jerebko would probably be the best cheap deal OKC could do.

What is Hood's value really? You get a guy who you can have under contract for multiple following years, although you might be forced to overpay him. He's injured like every 10 games or so and misses multiple games each season because of it. With reports coming out about him wanting to start, you have to wonder if there would be a chemistry problem with him coming off the bench.

Do you give up on Ferguson for him? Is Utah asking for more? Is anybody offering more? :-?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1020 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:39 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
yb90 wrote:Hood and Jerebko would probably be the best cheap deal OKC could do.

What is Hood's value really? You get a guy who you can have under contract for multiple following years, although you might be forced to overpay him. He's injured like every 10 games or so and misses multiple games each season because of it. With reports coming out about him wanting to start, you have to wonder if there would be a chemistry problem with him coming off the bench.

Do you give up on Ferguson for him? Is Utah asking for more? Is anybody offering more? :-?

If you can get Burks for less, that’s obviously better than giving up Ferguson for Hood. I’m leaning more towards Burks anyway.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder