bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: WCQF | (4) Oklahoma City Thunder vs Utah Jazz (5) | UTA 2-1 

Post#681 » by bondom34 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:17 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Osirus89
Starter
And1: 2,016

Post#682 » by Osirus89 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:44 am

I watched the game as long as I could. Got to the tail end of the 3rd quarter and couldn't bear to watch this (garbage)*.
I am so glad I was on a phone call that distracted my attention for the entirety of the game. I can only imagine how awful focusing on the game was for everyone else.

These guys don't deserve excuses. They suck and they should feel embarrassed. For as much flak as Damian Lillard has received for his postseason, he didn't win the MVP last season. He also was outplayed by a team that had Anthony Davis and Jrue Holiday playing out of this world. This team is losing to a very good rookie player and Ricky Friggin Rubio. A player that Minnesota didn't value more than Jeff teague is curbstomping this team. Russell deserves every bit of flak that Lillard has received x3000. Shameful display from a player that views himself as a leader of a team and an all-star to currently be the 5th best player in this series.

If they don't win Game 4, I'll be eager to hear how Game 5 went b/c I won't be watching it. There are too many good teams playing right now to waste time watching this one.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#683 » by Pillendreher » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:13 am

Read on Twitter

Yeah? Then stop **** talking and show it on the court. I'm tired of this up and down bull all season long. Why is it so hard to actually play well for once? And not just for five minutes and then do **** that doesn't work without adjusting? It's the middle of April and they still look they don't actually know each other on both sides off the floor for several stretches each game. But what am I saying - they have the coach that values consistency and "attunement" the least in the league, probably.

Read on Twitter

Oh boy. I saw you fool jogging back on defense and being 20 feet behind the coverage in the 4th quarter when you were getting your asses kicked by a the spanish Jeff Teague.

Read on Twitter

No ****, Sherlock. He almost threw the ball away like that 30x already this series. And managed to actually do it another 10x.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#684 » by Pillendreher » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:18 am

bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It's been almost three months. At some point, you just gotta adjust and play without him. Defending like this and then trying to blame it on Roberson being out is a cop out. He's a decent wing, not Kawhi Leonard. If you can't keep Ricky Rubio in front of you, that's on you, not on Roberson.
The thing with Roberson is also not just about identity. It's about having somebody to bail you out on defense. Russ has played better on defense since the Roberson injury in maybe what, five to seven games? That's just not gonna cut it.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,156

Post#685 » by Revived » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:24 am

I’m a huge Westbrook fan on the court but man I wish he would some humility off the court and respect others besides himself

Read on Twitter
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#686 » by Pillendreher » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:46 am

Revived wrote:I’m a huge Westbrook fan on the court but man I wish he would some humility off the court and respect others besides himself

Read on Twitter

Gobert has been close to a non-factor offensively this series.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#687 » by Pillendreher » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:54 am

Based on the possession formula stats.nba.com uses:

Russell Westbrook can't be this horrible. It just can't happen.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Re: RE: Re: WCQF | (4) Oklahoma City Thunder vs Utah Jazz (5) | TIED 1-1 

Post#688 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:21 am

spearsy23 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:Probably right. There are other options out there but I think we would be hard pressed to get much more than one asset for russ and maybe a second for taking back bad salary.

I think that's the issue. I dont think there are options. Nobody has a need and assets. Most good teams are set at PG

San Antonio, Denver, LAC, Minny, Detroit, MKE could all think he helps take the next step. NYK, Phoenix or Cha could look to speed the timeline up. Cleveland if LeBron wants to play with him.

I don't think there will be a shortage of teams willing to trade for him, the return will be the real question.

I don’t think the return would be great but with the way he’s playing it would be addition by subtraction. The real talent would come from our own picks that are lotto protected. One good asset and salary cap room might be best case scenario.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#689 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:24 am

"A lot of s--- going on with my body," Westbrook said, "but that's everybody right now."

Billy Donovan offered his thoughts on Westbrook.

"I don't know," the Thunder coach said, "he seems fine to me."
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#690 » by Pillendreher » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:30 am

Knrstz wrote:
"A lot of s--- going on with my body," Westbrook said, "but that's everybody right now."

Billy Donovan offered his thoughts on Westbrook.

"I don't know," the Thunder coach said, "he seems fine to me."

I like that Donovan has started answering questions about injuries with 'I don't know'. Too bad he's the HC and not some intern.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,002

Post#691 » by Reign23 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:42 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:Trade him. Dead serious.

It is a year late for that. Last off-season was the prime selling point with Boston loaded up with assets and wanting a big time PG. Presti should be fired for what he did this past off-season.

boy... some of you guys :noway:
formerly known as knickst4pe
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#692 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:48 am

Read on Twitter

I expect russ to play well early against Rubio but after early success return back to his ways by the third quarter. Same with the rest of the team. They don’t respect their opponents enough to give four quarters of effort.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,002

Post#693 » by Reign23 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:49 am

russ really **** this game up for okc.

and why didn't BD play melo with the bench to give him more touches when he finally got it going? damn.. but I expect the thunder to win game 4.
formerly known as knickst4pe
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,867

Re: WCQF | (4) Oklahoma City Thunder vs Utah Jazz (5) | TIED 1-1 

Post#694 » by bledredwine » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:58 am

Knrstz wrote:
bledredwine wrote:
Knrstz wrote:Just sit russ down.

Yeah what's going on with Russ? He looks like crap a good portion of the season.

FIFY

Very true. I don’t think that he’s a good fit next to Melo and PG at all. It sucks because he’s been my favorite player for years. He really needs to develop his shot and ball control.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
CROklahoma
Junior
And1: 130

Post#695 » by CROklahoma » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:03 pm

Without wanting to put the burden away from our players, but this are some of the worst coached games I have ever seen.

Rotations, defensive schemes, full iso mode with bench lineup led by Adams in foul trouble ...

Dear ...
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#696 » by Pillendreher » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:04 pm

bledredwine wrote:
Knrstz wrote:
bledredwine wrote:
Yeah what's going on with Russ? He looks like crap a good portion of the season.

FIFY

Very true. I don’t think that he’s a good fit next to Melo and PG at all. It sucks because he’s been my favorite player for years. He really needs to develop his shot and ball control.

I think him and George are an excellent fit. The problem is that there's no real systematic approach to the offense (I'm not even talking about a 'system'; it would be nice if they played to their strengths on offense) and that there seems to be a lack of accountability. Confidence is good to have, but too much is not good at all.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,867

Post#697 » by bledredwine » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:08 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
bledredwine wrote:Very true. I don’t think that he’s a good fit next to Melo and PG at all. It sucks because he’s been my favorite player for years. He really needs to develop his shot and ball control.

I think him and George are an excellent fit. The problem is that there's no real systematic approach to the offense (I'm not even talking about a 'system'; it would be nice if they played to their strengths on offense) and that there seems to be a lack of accountability. Confidence is good to have, but too much is not good at all.

Yes there is a ton of iso slashing and lackluster passing. It’s the opposite of the East teams this year (ex. Celtics). Is this a matter of coaching? I think him and PG would be especially good if they could just spread the court more during offensive sets.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#698 » by Pillendreher » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:12 pm

bledredwine wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:
bledredwine wrote:Very true. I don’t think that he’s a good fit next to Melo and PG at all. It sucks because he’s been my favorite player for years. He really needs to develop his shot and ball control.

Yes there is a ton of iso slashing and lackluster passing. It’s the opposite of the East teams this year (ex. Celtics). Is this a matter of coaching? I think him and PG would be especially good if they could just spread the court more during offensive sets.

You can't expect them to spread the court effectively when it's the middle of April and a bunch of times they still look they don't know what should happen next on offense. I can't remember if it was yesterday or in game 2, but I saw Adams preparing to set a screen for Russ I think when Russ was expecting him to set an off-ball screen for George (iirc). The whole offensive possession was a mess from the start because they didn't even know what they wanted to run.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#699 » by Old Man Game » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:24 pm

Reign23 wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:Trade him. Dead serious.

It is a year late for that. Last off-season was the prime selling point with Boston loaded up with assets and wanting a big time PG. Presti should be fired for what he did this past off-season.

boy... some of you guys :noway:

I'm for blowing it up so trading him while he still has the most value possible (in other words as soon as possible) is step one (trade him for whichever top 10 picked rookie you want and other considerations in this year's draft). Step 2, Carmelo led Thunder leads us to a top 5 pick next year.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#700 » by Old Man Game » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:26 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
bledredwine wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:

You can't expect them to spread the court effectively when it's the middle of April and a bunch of times they still look they don't know what should happen next on offense. I can't remember if it was yesterday or in game 2, but I saw Adams preparing to set a screen for Russ I think when Russ was expecting him to set an off-ball screen for George (iirc). The whole offensive possession was a mess from the start because they didn't even know what they wanted to run.

This is what I keep coming back to and said upthread here. After a full season the offense still has no cohesion. That's a damning indictment on everyone, top to bottom. Staff. Players. Everybody.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder