2019-2020 Trade Deadline Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Re: 2019-2020 Trade Deadline Thread 

Post#341 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:46 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Richardson is a good player that is a good fit on a good contract. They would be foolish to move him.

While I do agree with this. Philly has made a lot of questionable trades since they went into win now mode.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,124

Post#342 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:50 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:If this is a true rumor, then it must involve Horford. Otherwise pure speculation.

It doesn't HAVE to be Horford. It could be Josh Richardson, Thybulle, Zhaire Smith and Mike Scott for Gallinari, Nader and Burton. I'd take that without any picks. I view getting Smith and Thybulle the same as getting first round picks and Richardson is a good young wing. Would Philly do that? I'm not sure. They would be pretty thin on the wings after that. It would really depend on if they thought they could play Harris, Gallinari, Horford and Embiid together. I'm not sure how that works on defense, but offensively it would be put up a lot of points with Simmons running the point.

Basically trading all their ''depth'' for Gallo? Would be crazy. Richardson is a key player for them (on a very good contract). Not going to happen.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#343 » by Balkman32 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:53 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Richardson is a good player that is a good fit on a good contract. They would be foolish to move him.

While I do agree with this. Philly has made a lot of questionable trades since they went into win now mode.

Shams just reported that Richardson is sidelined for 2-3 weeks with a hammy strain. So that probably takes him out of most deals at the deadline. He is being re-evaluated in two to three weeks.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#344 » by Balkman32 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:34 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:If this is a true rumor, then it must involve Horford. Otherwise pure speculation.

It doesn't HAVE to be Horford. It could be Josh Richardson, Thybulle, Zhaire Smith and Mike Scott for Gallinari, Nader and Burton. I'd take that without any picks. I view getting Smith and Thybulle the same as getting first round picks and Richardson is a good young wing. Would Philly do that? I'm not sure. They would be pretty thin on the wings after that. It would really depend on if they thought they could play Harris, Gallinari, Horford and Embiid together. I'm not sure how that works on defense, but offensively it would be put up a lot of points with Simmons running the point.

Basically trading all their ''depth'' for Gallo? Would be crazy. Richardson is a key player for them (on a very good contract). Not going to happen.

Philly is such a weird spot. Embiid and Richardson are injured and when this team is healthy they really don't work as well as they can because the two stars don't really fit. It should be interesting, but I just dont see a deal working out unless its around Horford for Gallo.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#345 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:35 pm

Balkman32 wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

Shams just reported that Richardson is sidelined for 2-3 weeks with a hammy strain. So that probably takes him out of most deals at the deadline. He is being re-evaluated in two to three weeks.

why? It's not like the Thunder is desperate to win games now.

Don't think the Sixers will trade Richardson but his injury is not the reason why he won't get traded...
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#346 » by Balkman32 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:51 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

why? It's not like the Thunder is desperate to win games now.

Don't think the Sixers will trade Richardson but his injury is not the reason why he won't get traded...

I don't think it would be a deal breaker for the Thunder. But, I think other teams could shy away from trading for an injured player.

The Thunder once had Tyson Chandler but failed him during his physical.

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=3917505
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Post#347 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:30 pm

I think for philly to get Gallo a third team would have to be involved.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
thor19
Junior
And1: 65

Post#348 » by thor19 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:41 am

ThunderBolt wrote:I think for philly to get Gallo a third team would have to be involved.

Players that okc can get for gallo from mavs and from philly ??
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#349 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:26 am

thor19 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I think for philly to get Gallo a third team would have to be involved.

Lots of possible combinations. Dallas needs to want Horford. I suspect Dallas wants to keep THJ and move Lee and Powell.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#350 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:31 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
thor19 wrote:

Lots of possible combinations. Dallas needs to want Horford. I suspect Dallas wants to keep THJ and move Lee and Powell.

It's not worth getting a late FRP for Lee and Powell. Powell was on a great contract but now with Achilles ruptured... :noway:
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#351 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:37 am

Gallo/Schroeder/Noel for THJ/Powell/Jackson and a future FRP.

Noel replaces Powell. Schroeder can give them some help at the PG position.

Not sure I would do this though. Haven't watched enough of Jackson...
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#352 » by Kizz Fastfists » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:38 am

thor19 wrote:Players that okc can get for gallo from mavs and from philly ??

Dallas wouldn't have anything OKC would want. Dallas also can't trade a first round pick. Something like Kleber and Courtney Lee would work for salary purposes, but does nothing for OKC. The only player Dallas has that I want is Luka and he isn't getting traded. I could see an argument for Porzingis if you thought he was going to bounce back from the injury going forward. I wouldn't roll the dice on Porzingis given his contract, but I could see the argument for it.

Philly has a lot of players that I would be interested in. Smith, Thybulle, Richardson, Embiid, Harris and Simmons. Now I don't think Philly is moving Embbid, Simmons or Harris and I would be surprised if they moved Richardson. I don't want Horford's contract given the contract finishes with his age 36 season. Horford makes $6M more then Gallinari so OKC would need to send out more salary so they would get under the tax. I guess if you are going to do Gallinari, Nader and Roberson for Horford, Smith and Thybulle I could see that as workable. Horford and CP3 would be coaching the youth, but they will continue to slowly drop off over the next few years and you'd need big growth from the current "kids" along with Thybulle and Smith otherwise they would be a 1 star team with SGA and just good enough to be stuck with draft picks in the 18ish range.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#353 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:00 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:

Dallas wouldn't have anything OKC would want. Dallas also can't trade a first round pick. Something like Kleber and Courtney Lee would work for salary purposes, but does nothing for OKC. The only player Dallas has that I want is Luka and he isn't getting traded. I could see an argument for Porzingis if you thought he was going to bounce back from the injury going forward. I wouldn't roll the dice on Porzingis given his contract, but I could see the argument for it.

Philly has a lot of players that I would be interested in. Smith, Thybulle, Richardson, Embiid, Harris and Simmons. Now I don't think Philly is moving Embbid, Simmons or Harris and I would be surprised if they moved Richardson. I don't want Horford's contract given the contract finishes with his age 36 season. Horford makes $6M more then Gallinari so OKC would need to send out more salary so they would get under the tax. I guess if you are going to do Gallinari, Nader and Roberson for Horford, Smith and Thybulle I could see that as workable. Horford and CP3 would be coaching the youth, but they will continue to slowly drop off over the next few years and you'd need big growth from the current "kids" along with Thybulle and Smith otherwise they would be a 1 star team with SGA and just good enough to be stuck with draft picks in the 18ish range.

Wouldn't gamble on Porzingis.

Gallo + Schroeder + Denver 1st for Horford/Thybulle/Smith

Probably not enough for the Sixers to accept but can't really offer more since Horford has negative trade value (I would be fine to include Ferguson in the deal).
thor19
Junior

Post#354 » by thor19 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:15 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:

I am with you, like more the philly players like thybulle and smith that the mavs younger players
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=uc3pxcs
Lakers, philly send a first round pick we send two second round picks to chicago lakers and philly get better for the playoff , we get younger and bulls get a mentor like us with cp3 in horford
thor19
Junior

Post#355 » by thor19 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:00 am

Dadouv47 wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

Wouldn't gamble on Porzingis.

Gallo + Schroeder + Denver 1st for Horford/Thybulle/Smith

Probably not enough for the Sixers to accept but can't really offer more since Horford has negative trade value (I would be fine to include Ferguson in the deal).

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=udp4uhn smith is not playing , horford has negative value and we are giving them two expiring player for one of the worst contract maybe they can give our picks if its worst that the 20 spot !!
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#356 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:16 am

There was a thread on the trade board about smiths value and most people think he isn’t worth more than a couple seconds. It’s not because he doesn’t have talent but because the team getting him has lost two years of his rookie deal. Horford to okc only makes sense if cp3 goes to philly. Okc having Horford and cp3 on the books isn’t ideal.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#357 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:14 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:There was a thread on the trade board about smiths value and most people think he isn’t worth more than a couple seconds. It’s not because he doesn’t have talent but because the team getting him has lost two years of his rookie deal. Horford to okc only makes sense if cp3 goes to philly. Okc having Horford and cp3 on the books isn’t ideal.

Agree but would still make the deal if we can get both Thybulle and Smith (then we will have to send some asset during the summer in order to trade CP3 or Horford).
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#358 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:09 pm

Read on Twitter

WTF?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#359 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:17 pm

Well now that we have made a significant trade, we can focus on our goal to win the championship
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#360 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:44 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Read on Twitter

WTF?

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder