Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,267

Re: 2016 Offseason Part 2 

Post#1441 » by bondom34 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:35 am

getrichordie wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Fair enough I guess. I think Morrow may play some this year given the lack of shooting.

Some. Not a lot. That's why we went a got Abrines.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

So Vaughn would just sit behind Abrines. It doesn't fit a need is the issue. They need a defender off the bench, which Vaughn isn't. They also don't really need yet another project to develop, it ends up as another PJ3/Lamb type kid.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Mick75
Freshman
And1: 45

Post#1442 » by Mick75 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:53 am

bondom34 wrote:http://www.welcometoloudcity.com/2016/10/23/13362944/sounds-of-thunder-kevin-durant-enough-is-enough-presti-westbrook-harden-rolling-stone#comments

Soonerule's latest.

I thought it was a good read also saw the mini-movie on Russels loyalty. I like it!

Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#1443 » by Balkman32 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:49 am

getrichordie wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:Still working on that Boogie trade.

Sent from my A0001 using RealGM mobile app

Lol! I hope you are joking. That's not going to happen.

What package would we give that would land Boogie?

According to ESPN's trade machine, we can increase our wins by 27!!! Sacramento increases there wins by 33!!! Win win, right guys???? Guys?

Payne/Kanter for Boogie.

The trade machine is broken right now. You can enter in any trade and that is what it will tell you. Who knows what Vlade wants for Boogie. But, if he wants the most value he should probably trade him by the deadline. The Thunder could start with a package of Kanter and Payne.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#1444 » by Balkman32 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:50 am

spearsy23 wrote:Are we ever going to fix the roster crunch?

Today. I bet they just send Christin to the D-League and Mitch is just gone.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,312

Post#1445 » by getrichordie » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:12 pm

Balkman32 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:Still working on that Boogie trade.

Lol! I hope you are joking. That's not going to happen.

What package would we give that would land Boogie?

According to ESPN's trade machine, we can increase our wins by 27!!! Sacramento increases there wins by 33!!! Win win, right guys???? Guys?

Payne/Kanter for Boogie.

The trade machine is broken right now. You can enter in any trade and that is what it will tell you. Who knows what Vlade wants for Boogie. But, if he wants the most value he should probably trade him by the deadline. The Thunder could start with a package of Kanter and Payne.

What and send Adams to the bench? I don't think that will go over well.

[twitter] @thunderdustin
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,953

Post#1446 » by Pillendreher » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:34 pm

The idea is to play Cousins as the PF.

"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,300

Post#1447 » by Old Man Game » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:00 pm

The youth is the only reason I'd entertain the idea at all. That said the youth isn't an excuse in and of itself. Booker was the youngest player in the NBA last season and was much better than Vaughn.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#1448 » by Old Man Game » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:02 pm

Balkman32 wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Are we ever going to fix the roster crunch?

Today. I bet they just send Christin to the D-League and Mitch is just gone.

It's one or the other. If Christon is waived and then picked up by the Blue I'd assume it means Mitch is staying (unless they want to go into the season with only 14). God knows why they'd do that at this point given how much the organization has soured on Mitch at this point though and if the Woj report from when Mitch's second suspension is to be believed the plan is to waive Mitch if a trade can't be found. We'll know shortly.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#1449 » by spearsy23 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:11 pm

Old Man Game wrote:The youth is the only reason I'd entertain the idea at all. That said the youth isn't an excuse in and of itself. Booker was the youngest player in the NBA last season and was much better than Vaughn.
bondom34 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Fair enough I guess. I think Morrow may play some this year given the lack of shooting.

So Vaughn would just sit behind Abrines. It doesn't fit a need is the issue. They need a defender off the bench, which Vaughn isn't. They also don't really need yet another project to develop, it ends up as another PJ3/Lamb type kid.

We're talking about Anthony Morrow. You don't get a good prospect that's performed well for guys like that. Morrow has more value to us as long as he sees the court, but if Billy buries him behind Singler and abrines then why not take a flyer on an upside guy that you can dump in either of the next two years For nothing? I wouldn't be actively pursuing it, and I don't even think mke would do it, but if the opportunity came about then meh might as well take the slim shot he develops into a rotation player.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1450 » by bondom34 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:12 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:The youth is the only reason I'd entertain the idea at all. That said the youth isn't an excuse in and of itself. Booker was the youngest player in the NBA last season and was much better than Vaughn.
bondom34 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

We're talking about Anthony Morrow. You don't get a good prospect that's performed well for guys like that. Morrow has more value to us as long as he sees the court, but if Billy buries him behind Singler and abrines then why not take a flyer on an upside guy that you can dump in either of the next two years For nothing? I wouldn't be actively pursuing it, and I don't even think mke would do it, but if the opportunity came about then meh might as well take the slim shot he develops into a rotation player.

Fair, I just think A Mo actually plays this year. Its him or Abrines, and Abrines is already questionable for the opener.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1451 » by bondom34 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:10 pm

Read on Twitter
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Re: RE: Re: 2016 Offseason Part 2 

Post#1452 » by Old Man Game » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:44 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

Rather just keep Morrow. Even if he isn't playing he has value as insurance and as a locker room guy to mentor young players. We've already got plenty of youth on this roster.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1453 » by bondom34 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:01 pm

Yeah that's where I'm at too.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1454 » by bondom34 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:10 pm

Read on Twitter

See ya Mitch. Looks like Semaj made it, good on him.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,830

Post#1455 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:53 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

As a Xavier University alum i'm psyched. But as an OKC fan eating the Price money hurts. Makes me less worried about the future of PG though because Semaj can flat out ball, he just needs to learn how to shoot. Russ/Payne/Christon is a really fun group.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#1456 » by Old Man Game » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:12 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow. Pretty shocking. I don't think too many people had us waiving BOTH those guys. Giving Price 2 years guaranteed and then waiving him is particularly crazy.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#1457 » by Pillendreher » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:18 pm

Why did even guarantee Price's salary in the first place?

"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#1458 » by Old Man Game » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:34 pm

Pillendreher wrote:Why did even guarantee Price's salary in the first place?

I think you can probably guess.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#1459 » by Pillendreher » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:49 pm

Enlighten me.

Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#1460 » by Old Man Game » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:02 pm

Pillendreher wrote:Enlighten me.

I would imagine they felt they had to toss in the extra guaranteed year to land him and were confident they'd want him around now that our team is looking for a steady vet presence to mentor the additional young players. Then Christon genuinely surprised them by essentially outplaying Price in the Preseason. Given how cheap Semaj's deal is they may have felt there was no way they could part with that if he was even an average backup PG. Especially given the newfound uncertainty surrounding Payne's ability to stay healthy having at least some semblance of an offensive game at the backup PG may have suddenly been given greater weight.

Either that or Presti's just incompetent.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder