And1: 261

Re: Let's Make a Deal: Thunder Trade Targets 

Post#3021 » by AirInTheLoop » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:41 am

getrichordie wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:
CROklahoma wrote:
Phoenix Suns

Ariza? Woof.

Would PHX rather have Ariza or Schroder?

Why they signed Ariza in the first place is a big mystery.
Realistically they shouldnt want either of the above mentioned players.

That said, we cant get rid of Schroder. He is way too valuable to OKC right now. This is not simply a role player for the franchise, he is a guy who can step in when Westbrook is off the floor, and keep that same tempo and offense going. This is why Noel is vital as well.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,555

Post#3022 » by Kizz Fastfists » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:28 am

Knrstz wrote:Remember when you said presti should be fired because he traded for Paul George who would leave at the end of the season? Remember when you never came back and said you were wrong?

You may be right about diallo. You might be wrong. If you are wrong, what should we expect? I have a pretty good guess.

Presti should be fired. Just keep Donovan should have gotten him fired. PG resigning doesn't change that. Presti has built a team with a ceiling of a first round exit, note that team does not mean roster but also includes the incompetent coaching, in the name of "sustainability". Being mediocre isn't an accomplishment to be bragging about. Presti traded an equal player and a quality prospect for PG. It would be like Ainge calling up and offering Hayward and Tatum for PG. Ainge should get fired if he does something like that. However, Presti did it when he had no reason to be going all-in for no gain. He had the opportunity to rebuild and try to build something championship quality instead of signing OKC up for purgatory. He then followed it up by adding Melo.

I have Diallo's ceiling as Iguodala. Iggy, like Diallo, couldn't shoot in high school or college, but had solid ball handling skills, length and defense. Iggy stayed in college longer to develop, which is what Diallo should have done. I also have it at about a 1% chance Dillo reaches that ceiling. It is more likely that Diallo makes an all-star game, Iguodala made one, than Donovan coaches competently.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,332

Post#3023 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:42 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Knrstz wrote:Remember when you said presti should be fired because he traded for Paul George who would leave at the end of the season? Remember when you never came back and said you were wrong?

You may be right about diallo. You might be wrong. If you are wrong, what should we expect? I have a pretty good guess.

Presti should be fired. Just keep Donovan should have gotten him fired. PG resigning doesn't change that. Presti has built a team with a ceiling of a first round exit, note that team does not mean roster but also includes the incompetent coaching, in the name of "sustainability". Being mediocre isn't an accomplishment to be bragging about. Presti traded an equal player and a quality prospect for PG. It would be like Ainge calling up and offering Hayward and Tatum for PG. Ainge should get fired if he does something like that. However, Presti did it when he had no reason to be going all-in for no gain. He had the opportunity to rebuild and try to build something championship quality instead of signing OKC up for purgatory. He then followed it up by adding Melo.

I have Diallo's ceiling as Iguodala. Iggy, like Diallo, couldn't shoot in high school or college, but had solid ball handling skills, length and defense. Iggy stayed in college longer to develop, which is what Diallo should have done. I also have it at about a 1% chance Dillo reaches that ceiling. It is more likely that Diallo makes an all-star game, Iguodala made one, than Donovan coaches competently.

Ok.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,216

Post#3024 » by bondom34 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:11 am

Ever since the 16 offseason it's been a weird downward spiral for him.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#3025 » by spearsy23 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:35 am

bondom34 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Ariza? Woof.

Given contracts Ariza.

I'd be willing to bet schroder has a better season than Ariza, and unquestionably a better rest of his career.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,216

Post#3026 » by bondom34 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:39 am

spearsy23 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

Given contracts Ariza.

I'd be willing to bet schroder has a better season than Ariza, and unquestionably a better rest of his career.

I actually could see it, but I think Schroder still is best as a backup and the Suns want more. Also kinda think Ariza may look worse because the team he's on is bad.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder