Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,311

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#321 » by getrichordie » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:38 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

I second your LaMelo comment, but depending on the package we would have to send, I wouldn't mind taking a swing on him. Genius-level passer who can lead our offense for the next 10+ years. Upside is through the roof. The upside of a Ball-SGA backcourt is noteworthy. Ball-SGA-Dort-Bazley-X is a nice start to a rebuild.

As far as the PHX stuff is concerned, I think there is more to the story at it probably involves a third team, IMO. All PHX needs to trade is Rubio + ~2M. I see Presti as a guy who is interested in a package of Rubio + Diallo + protected picks/pick swaps baked in as well.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
mr570
Senior
And1: 304

Post#322 » by mr570 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:44 am

Down to Dunk pod guys were talking about a promise to Pokusevski? I didn't actually listen to the podcast or anything just saw it in the info line. Anything to that?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,362

Post#323 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:01 am

getrichordie wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

I second your LaMelo comment, but depending on the package we would have to send, I wouldn't mind taking a swing on him. Genius-level passer who can lead our offense for the next 10+ years. Upside is through the roof. The upside of a Ball-SGA backcourt is noteworthy. Ball-SGA-Dort-Bazley-X is a nice start to a rebuild.

As far as the PHX stuff is concerned, I think there is more to the story at it probably involves a third team, IMO. All PHX needs to trade is Rubio + ~2M. I see Presti as a guy who is interested in a package of Rubio + Diallo + protected picks/pick swaps baked in as well.

I just can’t see Presti taking a guy who is going to talk about team business on his Facebook reality show. If we get a pick swap out of the deal this year, that would be ideal.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#324 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:03 am

mr570 wrote:Down to Dunk pod guys were talking about a promise to Pokusevski? I didn't actually listen to the podcast or anything just saw it in the info line. Anything to that?

Yes, it’s in the draft thread.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#325 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:50 pm

Read on Twitter
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#326 » by jake_swivel » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:59 pm

What would that Phoenix package look like? Rubio, their 1st, and filler? Wonder if Rubio has much value by the deadline.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#327 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:16 pm

jake_swivel wrote:What would that Phoenix package look like? Rubio, their 1st, and filler? Wonder if Rubio has much value by the deadline.

Probably Rubio and Oubre. That alone saves over $40 million. Get any kind of positive assets would be icing on the cake. A pick swap would be a dream but I am skeptical.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 777

Post#328 » by cjmcallist » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:18 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:What would that Phoenix package look like? Rubio, their 1st, and filler? Wonder if Rubio has much value by the deadline.

Probably Rubio and Oubre. That alone saves over $40 million. Get any kind of positive assets would be icing on the cake. A pick swap would be a dream but I am skeptical.

The Ringer said that PHX was looking to include #10 in the CP3 trade.

Rubio + Oubre + #10 for CP3

Would we have to put anything else in? #25 or more?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#329 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:50 pm

cjmcallist wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

The Ringer said that PHX was looking to include #10 in the CP3 trade.

Rubio + Oubre + #10 for CP3

Would we have to put anything else in? #25 or more?

Ya I heard that too. If Presti gets number ten out of this deal, I’ll be impressed. Pick swap seems realistic. If we held on to our pick and get number ten I would be surprised. However these types of negotiations are where Sam is at his best.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#330 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:00 am

Read on Twitter

“There are some East teams that are interested in him,” Windhorst said. “New York I think has interest. Philadelphia has interest.
“I believe there has been some cursory conversation between Philadelphia and Oklahoma City, but I don’t get the impression there is any traction there.”
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#331 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Read on Twitter
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#332 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:58 pm

Read on Twitter
mr570
Senior
And1: 304

Post#333 » by mr570 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:08 pm

I expect some big moves between now and the 18th. Maybe even draft night trades?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#334 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:23 pm

mr570 wrote:I expect some big moves between now and the 18th. Maybe even draft night trades?

Trade moratorium doesn't end until Nov 16th. Draft night trade seems like a possibility if rumors are true.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#335 » by jake_swivel » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:46 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's super interesting and unexpected. I don't really understand trade exceptions a ton, but that would mean that OKC management was willing to get back in luxury tax territory again? Or I wonder if that's more of an option if Phoenix takes on some of CP3's contract with their capspace. That seems more likely to me.

If OKC managed to get a few decent assets for the exceptions, CP3, and Schroeder, then flip Rubio/Oubre/whatever they get back in a CP3 trade by the deadline....jeez. Aside from maybe New Orleans or Denver, I don't think there is a franchise I'd rather be 5-7 years from now. I wasn't on board with rolling out CP3 for another year (would have included a 1st rounder to unload him last year), but it seems like that gamble is going to pay off a ton.

This is my favorite part of being a fan of a pro franchise. The part when you have young prospects and tons of assets. It's so much fun to project the possibilities. It's fun being an established winning franchise, but watching the build and prognosticating possibilities is so entertaining. OKC has young prospects, picks, and will have capspace if they want it in a couple years. All you could want aside from a budding superstar.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#336 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:18 pm

Spoiler:
jake_swivel wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's super interesting and unexpected. I don't really understand trade exceptions a ton, but that would mean that OKC management was willing to get back in luxury tax territory again? Or I wonder if that's more of an option if Phoenix takes on some of CP3's contract with their capspace. That seems more likely to me.

If OKC managed to get a few decent assets for the exceptions, CP3, and Schroeder, then flip Rubio/Oubre/whatever they get back in a CP3 trade by the deadline....jeez. Aside from maybe New Orleans or Denver, I don't think there is a franchise I'd rather be 5-7 years from now. I wasn't on board with rolling out CP3 for another year (would have included a 1st rounder to unload him last year), but it seems like that gamble is going to pay off a ton.

This is my favorite part of being a fan of a pro franchise. The part when you have young prospects and tons of assets. It's so much fun to project the possibilities. It's fun being an established winning franchise, but watching the build and prognosticating possibilities is so entertaining. OKC has young prospects, picks, and will have capspace if they want it in a couple years. All you could want aside from a budding superstar.

I doubt they would pay the tax but everyone expected them to not pay it this year too. At worst it signals that the thunder aren't going to be extreme penny pinchers like some have speculated.

I agree about the rebuild. Its really exciting. It surprises me that more people aren't interested. A lot of the previous posters here were fans of specific players like Russ, but even some that wanted the rebuild don't seem that interested anymore. Oh well. To each his own but I'm pumped. For a rebuilding team this is the most exciting time of year. Once the season starts we just hope the young guys play well and lose.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,170

Post#337 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:54 pm

Read the Clippers and Lakers both had interest in CP3 which is surprising. He does not play an uptempo game for the Clippers and Lebron is basically the Lakers pg. If OKC can get a high pick from the Suns that would be a very good return in addition to HOU's draft picks for Russ.
Think Dennis would be an asset to many teams. He really played great last season. I thought he was better than Lou Williams because he plays more defense.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#338 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:10 pm

Read on Twitter
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#339 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#340 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:30 pm

Green and 28 seems like a weak return.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder