Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Re: All Things Thunder Offseason Thread 

Post#541 » by retrobro90 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:26 am

jake_swivel wrote:
retrobro90 wrote:Also posting this tweet because I always find it irksome when Schlect uses his verbiage of "The Thunder were never..." etc etc. Always comes across so dismissive and condescending like he knows exactly what the most tight lipped org is planning before it happens. Not to mention revisionist too considering he was pretty openly advocating for Garuba in the past few weeks.

I’d never join his youth group.

I'm not gonna link them but his next two tweets after that are equally annoying. One doing complete damage control/lip service to the OKC FO by saying Garuba's departure is assumed/meaningless etc etc with the chastising tone to anyone who would think otherwise or disagree with the decision (uh Schlect 24 hours ago you wanted them to roll the dice on him or at the very least see what he could bring to training camp so maybe give yourself a reality check before nestling your nose back into Presti's brown eye) and then the next tweet eviscerating Portland and Moses Brown for coming to an agreement because apparently there's just some guys in the NBA that you can just openly hate on without any fear of repercussion. Sometimes I wanna take every media dork and put them in a royal rumble cage match against every athlete they snicker about having no/lost abilities.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,391

Post#542 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:50 pm

retrobro90 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wouldve liked to have found a way to play Garuba or see what he is but ultimately gonna have to cut someone talented.

Also posting this tweet because I always find it irksome when Schlect uses his verbiage of "The Thunder were never..." etc etc. Always comes across so dismissive and condescending like he knows exactly what the most tight lipped org is planning before it happens. Not to mention revisionist too considering he was pretty openly advocating for Garuba in the past few weeks.

Anyone acting like they have any real idea what Presti is thinking is naive. I'm still somewhat baffled by the trade up for Cason Wallace.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,765

Post#543 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:26 pm

Read on Twitter
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,162

Post#544 » by slick_watts » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:49 pm

schlecht is an obedient organizational mouthpiece.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#545 » by retrobro90 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:41 am

SGA and Giddey crushed their first real non-exhibition FIBA outings. Just wanna give a quick positive note.

Giddey's gotten so strong. Seeing him compete on the glass, get to the foul line, and rip the ball away from guys like Gobert has me excited for him to be the one punking other guys moving forward.

Shai is an absolute alpha. Had a tough start to their game against France but turned on in the heat in the 3rd and took over. He obviously doesn't take a ton of 3s but I always love the cajones on display when he takes a deep one.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#546 » by jake_swivel » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:06 pm

Dadouv’s PJ Washington dream finally comes to an end.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,357

Post#547 » by Dadouv47 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:51 pm

jake_swivel wrote:Dadouv’s PJ Washington dream finally comes to an end.

:(

Hornets allowed me to dream for almost two months. He wasn't even that expensive and 3 years would have been an ideal contract duration for us. We kind of knew Presti wasn't gonna make "big" moves this offseason and I'm fine with it as long as he makes something really significant next offseason.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,701

Post#548 » by Devilanche » Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:22 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:

Hornets allowed me to dream for almost two months. He wasn't even that expensive and 3 years would have been an ideal contract duration for us. We kind of knew Presti wasn't gonna make "big" moves this offseason and I'm fine with it as long as he makes something really significant next offseason.

All I can kindly say is you are an optimist.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#549 » by retrobro90 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:20 pm

Devilanche wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

I think it kinda depends on a person's definition of significant. To me that's a move that at minimum alters the starting lineup. I think thats a reasonable gamble considering what kind of contracts they currently have, what assets they have to exchange, and what they project as needs moving forward.

As an example I think fans and the FO will have enough data by the end of the season to make a proper assessment about the futures of guys like Dort and Dieng. And without getting too deep in the weeds on just how volatile this whole neverending process is--they could very well decide to move on from someone like Giddey or Chet. Any move where one of the four guys I mentioned is out the door is significant to me considering what the hypothetical asking price would be and how it would alter the rotation.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,701

Post#550 » by Devilanche » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:03 am

retrobro90 wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

I think it kinda depends on a person's definition of significant. To me that's a move that at minimum alters the starting lineup. I think thats a reasonable gamble considering what kind of contracts they currently have, what assets they have to exchange, and what they project as needs moving forward.

As an example I think fans and the FO will have enough data by the end of the season to make a proper assessment about the futures of guys like Dort and Dieng. And without getting too deep in the weeds on just how volatile this whole neverending process is--they could very well decide to move on from someone like Giddey or Chet. Any move where one of the four guys I mentioned is out the door is significant to me considering what the hypothetical asking price would be and how it would alter the rotation.

Part of me is thinking all our move is around the draft. Don’t think we are making any free agency signing.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,357

Post#551 » by Dadouv47 » Sun Sep 3, 2023 3:42 pm

Read on Twitter

having some fun during the Summer.

Giddey had a strong WC too...obviously need to work on his shot but improvements on drives.
Mr Thunder Nick
Junior
And1: 93

Post#552 » by Mr Thunder Nick » Thu Sep 7, 2023 8:39 am

But Dort is not playing well. I'm a little bit concerned with him for next season.
Big nick
Senior
And1: 360

Post#553 » by Big nick » Thu Sep 7, 2023 1:57 pm

Dort is a big liability on offence I hope he doesn't start and would not bother me if we trade him he is our week point.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,391

Post#554 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Sep 8, 2023 12:57 pm

Dort was worth keeping around when he was younger but the lack of development in key areas pretty much assures that these weaknesses won't ever be significantly improved. Not being able to shoot is bad enough, but his lack of finishing at the rim despite being built like a tank tells me it's hopeless that he ever gets any offensive feel for the game. Despite those weaknesses I could probably be persuaded to keep him around if he didn't have the shot selection of Steph Curry.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,607

Post#555 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Sep 9, 2023 3:16 pm

The fact that Dort hasn't been traded while teams are still overpaying for that type of negative players, see Dillon Brooks, means that Presti has a similar attachment for him he has had for other loser players of the past like Enes Kanter. Presti's inability to move on from a player once it is obviously time to do so. In the case of Dort there should never have been an extension just let him walk in FA after his first contract expired.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,162

Post#556 » by slick_watts » Sat Sep 9, 2023 4:26 pm

sam presti is not going to let a player walk in FA that he believes he can get value from. lu dort's extension is pretty reasonable and tradeable. i have a hard time believing he will play it out in okc.
greekman
Pro Prospect
And1: 358

Post#557 » by greekman » Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:37 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:The fact that Dort hasn't been traded while teams are still overpaying for that type of negative players, see Dillon Brooks, means that Presti has a similar attachment for him he has had for other loser players of the past like Enes Kanter. Presti's inability to move on from a player once it is obviously time to do so. In the case of Dort there should never have been an extension just let him walk in FA after his first contract expired.

every team has a player like that. he's a defensive presence who can shoot the 3.
greekman
Pro Prospect
And1: 358

Post#558 » by greekman » Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:38 pm

retrobro90 wrote:SGA and Giddey crushed their first real non-exhibition FIBA outings. Just wanna give a quick positive note.

Giddey's gotten so strong. Seeing him compete on the glass, get to the foul line, and rip the ball away from guys like Gobert has me excited for him to be the one punking other guys moving forward.

Shai is an absolute alpha. Had a tough start to their game against France but turned on in the heat in the 3rd and took over. He obviously doesn't take a ton of 3s but I always love the cajones on display when he takes a deep one.

the only reason shai didn't help against serbia is because of the foul trouble.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,607

Post#559 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:54 pm

greekman wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:The fact that Dort hasn't been traded while teams are still overpaying for that type of negative players, see Dillon Brooks, means that Presti has a similar attachment for him he has had for other loser players of the past like Enes Kanter. Presti's inability to move on from a player once it is obviously time to do so. In the case of Dort there should never have been an extension just let him walk in FA after his first contract expired.

every team has a player like that. he's a defensive presence who can shoot the 3.

Kendrick Perkins could have stood out there a shot 3s. That doesn't mean anyone with a basketball IQ north of 12 would have thought it was a good idea. I'll wait for you to respond by praising Giddey shooting the 3.If you can't tell me that Giddey "can shoot the 3" then you are not being honest when saying it about Dort.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 790

Post#560 » by cjmcallist » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:57 pm

Dort frustrates the heck out of me and one of my greatest fears is experiencing Roberson2.0 on the team. Dort is trending that direction.

That said, if we were to trade him, I would immediately wish we had a perimeter defensive stopper. Lol

My hope is that Cason shows out defensively and takes that spot.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder