Starter
And1: 1,909

Re: OKC Thunder Trades and Transaction Thread 

Post#962 » by Clav » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:40 pm

bbms wrote:
Read on Twitter

What would it take ?
If after the 2024 draft...
...then 25 LAC swap, 25 MIA, 25 OKC, 26 HOU, 27 OKC, 29 OKC ?
minimum 5+ FRPs to get Milwaukee's attention - I listed 6 FRPs

1 ) MIL's preferred offer from us will be picks and Jdub and salary.

2 ) MIL less preferred offer ... picks Giddey (extended) and Holmgren (or salary if we retain Holmgren somehow)

3 ) I don't want to trade both Jdub and Holmgren in this deal, but gun to my head, I'm doing it for Giannis, and maybe not doing 6 FRPs.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,372

Post#963 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:14 am

Clav wrote:
bbms wrote:
Read on Twitter

What would it take ?

2 ) MIL less preferred offer ... picks Giddey (extended) and Holmgren (or salary if we retain Holmgren somehow)

3 ) I don't want to trade both Jdub and Holmgren in this deal, but gun to my head, I'm doing it for Giannis, and maybe not doing 6 FRPs.

We would need to be the greatest regular season team in nba history and then need Giannis to be a mental midget like Durant.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,991

Post#964 » by Xatticus » Fri Sep 1, 2023 2:44 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Clav wrote:
bbms wrote:
Read on Twitter

What would it take ?

We would need to be the greatest regular season team in nba history and then need Giannis to be a mental midget like Durant.

He isn't trying to force his way out. The script for that is written and he isn't following it. If he wanted out, then he would've signed the extension and started to create turmoil to force his way out. He is just trying to light a fire under their front office. I don't see how they can fix that roster, but I also don't think their window for this iteration has closed.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,900

Post#965 » by QPR » Sat Sep 2, 2023 2:07 am

He did this last time too and then they went out and built a contender.
Clav
Starter

Post#966 » by Clav » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:02 am

Should OKC trade for Buddy Hield ??
Cheers
\m/
Mr Thunder Nick
Junior
And1: 91

Post#967 » by Mr Thunder Nick » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:01 pm

Big nick
Senior
And1: 358

Post#968 » by Big nick » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:04 am

Buddy is very bad on defense and I think Joe is just as good of a shooter and younger and cheaper and better on d. So no for me but what do I know.
Clav
Starter

Post#969 » by Clav » Sat Oct 7, 2023 8:25 am

Post training camp practices it seems like the guys are enjoying the work in their interviews. Giddey even complementing Bertans. I wonder if Giddey will move to more bench distributor with shooters around him even if he starts
Cheers
\m/
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,067

Post#970 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:22 pm

I sorta think OKC should look to overpay Zach Collins in a trade. He is finally really blossoming and would be a tremendous fit alongside Chet. Spaces the floor, well above average passer, excellent defender and decent shotblocker.

I think the final piece isnt a superstar or big win-now guy but a do-it-all floor spacer that can defend and wont demand much usage. I sorta think Zach can be that guy. OG would be even more ideal but his salary will soon be 30M+ and he wants more shots.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#971 » by retrobro90 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:14 am

Markannen makes a ton of sense. Two years at 17mil. Perfect salary match with Bertans. Would have to really empty a good chunk of the war chest for him though esp with Ainge being the other half of that trade scenario. Think he'd be a perfect fit though we desperately need someone who can sprint around screens and shoot lasers.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#972 » by retrobro90 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:33 am

Here's another name just to throw it out there: Patrick Williams. He is due for his rookie extension and might make it to RFA which is worrisome. He's also never been in a winning situation outside of the first third of the season when they were rolling with Lonzo healthy. All that aside though he's still only 22 and his efficiency #s jump off the page. Competent defender. He might be a flow killer on offense with his lack of passing but I think there's enough markers there that he deserves some consideration.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#973 » by jake_swivel » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:38 pm

retrobro90 wrote:Markannen makes a ton of sense. Two years at 17mil. Perfect salary match with Bertans. Would have to really empty a good chunk of the war chest for him though esp with Ainge being the other half of that trade scenario. Think he'd be a perfect fit though we desperately need someone who can sprint around screens and shoot lasers.

Whatcha think it would take to get him? Seems like if a core member wasn’t involved it’d be…..so many picks. I also wonder what happens when his contract comes up around the time of Josh and JDub.

I think I’d be willing to part with Giddey as a part of this deal. From a fit standpoint w/shai, chet, and JDub, I think lauri really works. And if you get lauri, from a defense standpoint, I’m not sure you want to play him and Josh extended minutes. The spacing for shai and JDub to get to the rim with chet and lauri on the floor offsets losing Josh’s playmaking.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#974 » by retrobro90 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:16 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
retrobro90 wrote:Markannen makes a ton of sense. Two years at 17mil. Perfect salary match with Bertans. Would have to really empty a good chunk of the war chest for him though esp with Ainge being the other half of that trade scenario. Think he'd be a perfect fit though we desperately need someone who can sprint around screens and shoot lasers.

Whatcha think it would take to get him? Seems like if a core member wasn’t involved it’d be…..so many picks. I also wonder what happens when his contract comes up around the time of Josh and JDub.

I think I’d be willing to part with Giddey as a part of this deal. From a fit standpoint w/shai, chet, and JDub, I think lauri really works. And if you get lauri, from a defense standpoint, I’m not sure you want to play him and Josh extended minutes. The spacing for shai and JDub to get to the rim with chet and lauri on the floor offsets losing Josh’s playmaking.

I honestly wouldn't do a deal for Lauri if it included any of our core 4. I think Giddey is too important to our teams identity and play style. If he got exchanged for Markannen thered basically be no point.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#975 » by retrobro90 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:18 pm

Couple more names as marginal deadline deals: Otto Porter and Jasean Tate
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#976 » by jake_swivel » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:47 pm

retrobro90 wrote:I honestly wouldn't do a deal for Lauri if it included any of our core 4. I think Giddey is too important to our teams identity and play style. If he got exchanged for Markannen thered basically be no point.

I love Josh. Love the play style. Love the personality. I think it’s a bit of a problem for him that shai is so good and needs the ball in his hands so much. I don’t think we are ever going to maximize giddey. And then giddey has drawbacks in that he isn’t a good defender and also isn’t really a great fit next to shai.

I’m willing to be wrong here. But he needs to develop into a pretty good shooter to fit with shai. From an offensive play style, I think Lauri fits a lot better. He opens up a ton for JDub and shai in the lane which is where they thrive. He’d also create room for Chet.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#977 » by retrobro90 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:40 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
retrobro90 wrote:I honestly wouldn't do a deal for Lauri if it included any of our core 4. I think Giddey is too important to our teams identity and play style. If he got exchanged for Markannen thered basically be no point.

I love Josh. Love the play style. Love the personality. I think it’s a bit of a problem for him that shai is so good and needs the ball in his hands so much. I don’t think we are ever going to maximize giddey. And then giddey has drawbacks in that he isn’t a good defender and also isn’t really a great fit next to shai.

I’m willing to be wrong here. But he needs to develop into a pretty good shooter to fit with shai. From an offensive play style, I think Lauri fits a lot better. He opens up a ton for JDub and shai in the lane which is where they thrive. He’d also create room for Chet.

I think they intentionally do not want a heliocentric identity and would like to accumulate multiple guys who can all handle/pass/shoot. Giddey is not a spacer but he's a willing shooter who makes enough of them. I think he elevates this team and Shai by being out there. Shai is a shoot first player through and through. Without the pressure of sharing with Giddey I think our offense takes a massive tumble. Side note: I also think Giddey's talent could easily eclipse Markannen's within the next two years (what's left on Markannen's deal).

Also Markannen has definitely improved especially since his eurobasket summer before last season but we have seen him play with better players before in a lesser role. Do we give up Giddey who routinely racks up triple doubles and elevates every teammate while running the risk that Markannen could revert back to what his perception was as a lower usage guy? Like I said he'd be a great fit with our current squad but I think having a guy like Giddey who is oh so very special at generating those shots for him is the key to finding that success.
Clav
Starter

Post#978 » by Clav » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:00 pm

I think we need to give Giddey that extension and then consider trading him. He'll be able to more easily be included in a trade deal for a true 2nd option (unless that player is currently on the roster...JDub...standup my brotha).

This is going to be a good year for Giddey... I feel it. He's looked a lot more comfortable in how to generate his offense and contribute defensively. He racks up counting stats. Over 1200 pts, 599 rebs, 57 steals, over 450 assists (minimum +900 pts in effect) and 31 blocks. Now he has Chet to help behind so I see maybe the Rebs and maybe blocks come down, but his assists could be 550+ this year
Cheers
\m/
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#979 » by jake_swivel » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:06 pm

retrobro90 wrote:I think they intentionally do not want a heliocentric identity and would like to accumulate multiple guys who can all handle/pass/shoot. Giddey is not a spacer but he's a willing shooter who makes enough of them. I think he elevates this team and Shai by being out there. Shai is a shoot first player through and through. Without the pressure of sharing with Giddey I think our offense takes a massive tumble. Side note: I also think Giddey's talent could easily eclipse Markannen's within the next two years (what's left on Markannen's deal).

Unless I’m wrong the advanced stats have Josh and shai not actually being a good fit together. I don’t think there would be a “massive tumble”.

I also think giddey could eclipse markannen, but I think there is a big chance that without getting to be the full time hub of the offense, giddey isn’t going to fully exercise his potential. I think there is a decent chance that in any Giddey trade, you look back and go, “see? Josh had it.” But you never would have seen it without putting th ball in his hands full time. I also think that there are a lot better fits next to shai.

I think you can maintain the ball movement without giddey. JDub and Chet are willing passers and scorers.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,690

Post#980 » by Devilanche » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:59 am

Clav wrote:I think we need to give Giddey that extension and then consider trading him. He'll be able to more easily be included in a trade deal for a true 2nd option (unless that player is currently on the roster...JDub...standup my brotha).

This is going to be a good year for Giddey... I feel it. He's looked a lot more comfortable in how to generate his offense and contribute defensively. He racks up counting stats. Over 1200 pts, 599 rebs, 57 steals, over 450 assists (minimum +900 pts in effect) and 31 blocks. Now he has Chet to help behind so I see maybe the Rebs and maybe blocks come down, but his assists could be 550+ this year

I’m with you on this. We should extend him first to see if his 3 point shot can improve , if not then we can always trade for fit later on.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder