Get to Know Your Thunder Fans!

Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

zigzagz
Ballboy
And1: 3

Re: Get to Know Your Thunder Fans! 

Post#21 » by zigzagz » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:37 am

Hello. Just decided this morning that I will be following the OKC Thunder. I am an old Seattle Supersonics fan and have been "team-less" ever since. Was still a big fan of the game though, but without a home team.

I am originally from Indonesia but I am now base in Singapore. Working here since January of this year. What made me like the OKC Thunder is not Kevin Durant or Westbrook. It is Steven Adams.

I may not post that much as I am always busy and working in a medical field but I will be reading the posts, and will support OKC all the way. Hope to see more of Adams instead of Perkins. Go Thunder!
Ada gula, ada semut!
Zack M
Junior
And1: 288

Post#22 » by Zack M » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:48 pm

i'm a Thunder fan from UK....19,and started following NBA after watching Thunder/Heat Game 4,2012 finals...where GOATbrook scored 44...been a fan ever since.

like high adrenaline/workrate type players aka GOATbrook.

btw we're a family!...all thunder fans look out and back each other up in every thread.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#23 » by bondom34 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:36 pm

Welcome Zack, glad you to have you!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
mrpeach1985
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#24 » by mrpeach1985 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:29 pm

29 year old bloke, from Cambridge, England. Started watching NBA about 2 years ago (properly, as with most young kids, I had a MJ obsession and thought I knew my **** coz I was dope on NBA Jam, on Sega Genesis). My Head Chef is an OKC fan, and I began watching our games, from his recommendations. I immediately took a liking to Russ, KD and big Serge. Over time, I pretty much fell in love with the whole franchise, and now wake up to check scores on the app (not all games are shown here, unfortunately) at silly o'clock, regardless of work in the morning! Being from England, my main sports have always been Football (Soccer, for you folk) and Boxing. My football team is my hometown club, Cambridge United FC. Not a massively well known club, and currently ply our trade in the 4th tier of the English League System, attracting crowds of 4-5,000 per game.

The more I've watched Basketball, and in particular Thunder, the more I have fell in love with the game. My knowledge of the sport is still near non existent, and i'm still a little cloudy on some of the finer details of the game. But I am a keen learner, and pick up new things day by day. My main goal, over the next 12 months, is to make it to OKC and see a few games at the Chesapeake. Watch this space, you could have a Brit, screaming down the rafters of the Chesapeake Arena, soon! THUNDER UP!!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by bondom34 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:00 am

mrpeach1985 wrote:29 year old bloke, from Cambridge, England. Started watching NBA about 2 years ago (properly, as with most young kids, I had a MJ obsession and thought I knew my **** coz I was dope on NBA Jam, on Sega Genesis). My Head Chef is an OKC fan, and I began watching our games, from his recommendations. I immediately took a liking to Russ, KD and big Serge. Over time, I pretty much fell in love with the whole franchise, and now wake up to check scores on the app (not all games are shown here, unfortunately) at silly o'clock, regardless of work in the morning! Being from England, my main sports have always been Football (Soccer, for you folk) and Boxing. My football team is my hometown club, Cambridge United FC. Not a massively well known club, and currently ply our trade in the 4th tier of the English League System, attracting crowds of 4-5,000 per game.

The more I've watched Basketball, and in particular Thunder, the more I have fell in love with the game. My knowledge of the sport is still near non existent, and i'm still a little cloudy on some of the finer details of the game. But I am a keen learner, and pick up new things day by day. My main goal, over the next 12 months, is to make it to OKC and see a few games at the Chesapeake. Watch this space, you could have a Brit, screaming down the rafters of the Chesapeake Arena, soon! THUNDER UP!!

Welcome to the boards man!

And BTW, this post reminded me, I just moved to Pennsylvania, and didn't think anyone was nearby but if so I may try to catch Thunder/Sixers next season if anyone's game.

Glad to have you around mrpeach!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,696

Post#26 » by QPR » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:33 am

I guess I should introduce myself, given how I have started posting of late...

I'm 30 and from Melbourne, Australia, and grew up a Seattle fan through the 90s and early 00s, idolising Gary Payton and then for some reason Rashard Lewis.

Resisted the urge to switch over for a couple of years (still hold an intense hatred for both Schulz and Bennett) however I've always felt an attachment to KD, so have slowly come around. If Seattle ever get another team I'll be back like a shot though.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by bondom34 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:36 am

QPR wrote:I guess I should introduce myself, given how I have started posting of late...

I'm 30 and from Melbourne, Australia, and grew up a Seattle fan through the 90s and early 00s, idolising Gary Payton and then for some reason Rashard Lewis.

Resisted the urge to switch over for a couple of years (still hold an intense hatred for both Schulz and Bennett) however I've always felt an attachment to KD, so have slowly come around. If Seattle ever get another team I'll be back like a shot though.

Glad to see you posting here man, always enjoy your posts on the gen board! :D
Soonerule
Sophomore
And1: 135

Post#28 » by Soonerule » Tue Jun 9, 2015 8:57 pm

Didn't see this thread til today so thought I better introduce myself after posting for a couple of weeks.

Sooner born, Sooner bred... watched my first OU/F-exas game when I was 7 in 1966, F-exas won and I've hated them ever since. Now the Thunder have two Longhorns on the roster.... I don't want to talk about it, lol.

Met Dennis Rodman once, pre Madonna days, when he played for Southeastern Oklahoma State University in Durant after they killed the East Central Tigers and followed his career to the NBA and was a big fan of the "Bad Boys". That is why you will hear me preach defense non stop and why I think Presti needs to let Kanter take a walk. Offense is flashy but defense wins championships and the NBA is not some glorified game of H.O.R.S.E..... sorry, there I go again.

I fell in love with the Thunder the first time I watched Russell Westbrook play as a rookie and I'm hooked.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,462

Post#29 » by LofJ » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:12 pm

Pending salary negotiations there's a 90% chance I'll be moving to Fayetteville, AR this fall. We're planning on staying in Tulsa with my wife's parents while we scope NW Arkansas out for a house to buy, so I will definitely be taking advantage of the proximity to OKC to check some of your games out. The January 20th game when you play the Hornets is a guaranteed visit, but I'd like to come to at least one more game where I don't have to feel bad that my team is getting slaughtered :lol:
addictionary
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#30 » by addictionary » Mon Oct 5, 2015 11:02 am

Hello there. I follow Enes Kanter since the start of his career and know a bunch about his deals with ups and downs. I also always saw KD as the one and only supposed heir to MJ's greatness but the injury struck.

Here are Michael' thoughts about KD:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INX7J77YuXQ[/youtube]

Seriously though, I bet he actually thinks Durant is the best of all but yet to prove with titles.

I pray to God it (injury) never knocks on the door again to give the Thunder a fair chance to battle for the title.

In addition, I admire Serge, enjoyed Perk doing his thing, love Steven Adams talking or taking no crap from the oppositions intentional fouls, and above all Russell Westbrook's relentless destructive one of a kind explosiveness. I seriously love to see Russ.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#31 » by Left*My*Heart » Fri May 27, 2016 3:02 pm

I'm a follower of the Thunder, who are my second favorite team. I'm here for my 93 year old mother who is a diehard Thunder fan. Both of my parents are from Oklahoma and I grew up watching OU football.

So I'm okay with OKC beating my Warriors, knowing it will make my mother elated. Her football team won the Super Bowl this season and now she is hoping her Thunder win an NBA championship.
Thabo Sefolosha
Thunder Forum The Opening Tip
And1: 6,499

Post#32 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Tue May 31, 2016 4:34 am

Didn't see this thread before but then again, I don't really go on the OKC Thunder forums anyways:

Well, I was born here in Oklahoma City and started to follow Thunder basketball and the NBA in general when I saw them playing in the 2012 NBA Finals in Game 1. Good memories watching that win over the Heat.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,548

Post#33 » by ken6199 » Tue May 31, 2016 4:43 am

Not an OKC fan myself but huge Westbrook fan - proven by my all my avatars (of 2). Somewhere in my dream I hope KD Russ Harden stay together forever for their whole career regardless of which team because rarely you see that type of friendship. Guess that's my weak OKC connection right there.

Phydeounix wrote:I'm probably the youngest here since I'm 15 and in high school ......

I could have issue you a ban from GB for making game threads while under aged, but I let that one slide seeing it's 'your thing'.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
Thabo Sefolosha
Thunder Forum The Opening Tip
And1: 6,499

Post#34 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Tue May 31, 2016 4:46 am

ken6199 wrote:Not an OKC fan myself but huge Westbrook fan - proven by my all my avatars (of 2). Somewhere in my dream I hope KD Russ Harden stay together forever for their whole career regardless of which team because rarely you see that type of friendship. Guess that's my weak OKC connection right there.

Phydeounix wrote:I'm probably the youngest here since I'm 15 and in high school ......

I could have issue you a ban from GB for making game threads while under aged, but I let that one slide seeing it's 'your thing'.

Oh, didn't realize there was an age limit... -erases-
zigzagz
Ballboy

Post#35 » by zigzagz » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:26 pm

wow. everyone got welcome. no welcome for me. no problem, i am only cheering for adams and hope he switch team.
Ada gula, ada semut!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by bondom34 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:39 pm

zigzagz wrote:wow. everyone got welcome. no welcome for me. no problem, i am only cheering for adams and hope he switch team.

Sorry I ddnt individually respond, myself and others and oned the post as a reply. We'd love to have you around!
zigzagz
Ballboy

Post#37 » by zigzagz » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:56 pm

bondom34 wrote:
zigzagz wrote:wow. everyone got welcome. no welcome for me. no problem, i am only cheering for adams and hope he switch team.

Sorry I ddnt individually respond, myself and others and oned the post as a reply. We'd love to have you around!

No problem. i am only joking with sarcasm.
Ada gula, ada semut!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by bondom34 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:58 pm

zigzagz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

No problem. i am only joking with sarcasm.

Glad to know :D. Hope to see you around more!
mab2039
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#39 » by mab2039 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:00 pm

Well my connection to OKC is as follows. Came to the USA to study in Wichita State University, graduated there and moved to Oklahoma state University and graduated from there aswell. So my first obvious connection to any basketball team if at all is OKC. But my college ball team is KU, wanted to study there bad.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#40 » by Andre Roberstan » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:46 pm

mab2039 wrote:Well my connection to OKC is as follows. Came to the USA to study in Wichita State University, graduated there and moved to Oklahoma state University and graduated from there aswell. So my first obvious connection to any basketball team if at all is OKC. But my college ball team is KU, wanted to study there bad.

Welcome! Glad to have you around.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder