Get to Know Your Thunder Fans!

Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

TheKiwi
Ballboy
And1: 14

Re: Get to Know Your Thunder Fans! 

Post#61 » by TheKiwi » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:40 am

Kiaora boys,

Thought I'd give the old account a whirl, especially while I'm Samoa with nothing to do for another 2 months, I was going to make a DT account but the more I read the comments there the more varied the strains of Ebola I get. It's just shitpost central, with complete absence of quality shitposts (pls4giv the oxymoron). Just seems like a group of kids who think they're funny but really aren't spamming. Anywayyy wish the forums here were more active but every poster counts so hopefully I can add a bit here an there!
Osirus89
Starter
And1: 2,016

Post#62 » by Osirus89 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:04 am

TheKiwi wrote:Kiaora boys,

Thought I'd give the old account a whirl, especially while I'm Samoa with nothing to do for another 2 months, I was going to make a DT account but the more I read the comments there the more varied the strains of Ebola I get. It's just **** central, with complete absence of quality **** (pls4giv the oxymoron). Just seems like a group of kids who think they're funny but really aren't spamming. Anywayyy wish the forums here were more active but every poster counts so hopefully I can add a bit here an there!

Wassup my man! Welcome :nod:
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#63 » by bondom34 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:19 am

Thought I'd give the old account a whirl, especially while I'm Samoa with nothing to do for another 2 months, I was going to make a DT account but the more I read the comments there the more varied the strains of Ebola I get. It's just **** central, with complete absence of quality **** (pls4giv the oxymoron). Just seems like a group of kids who think they're funny but really aren't spamming. Anywayyy wish the forums here were more active but every poster counts so hopefully I can add a bit here an there!

Welcome my man, glad to have you!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#64 » by Andre Roberstan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:00 pm

Kia ora! feel free to start some threads if you like. We welcome any discussion.
SvenniSterki
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#65 » by SvenniSterki » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:38 pm

I think I never introduced myself. I started following the Sonics in the last year of Dale Ellis, Xavier McDaniels and Tom Chambers era. I really thought it would be fun to follow a team with 3 guys averaging 20+ points. Ofcouse very soon Chambers went off to Suns and I never saw them play with that combination til later when I downloaded couple of games.

I am from Iceland and I used to say that I was Sonics fan #1, but I was probably more like top 10.

When Sonics relocated to Oklahoma it was tuff, and it didnt make any sense to change teams as this was the only team that I really knew the whole roster. I will be an avid OKC follower while Westbrook stays. When he departs/retires, we will have to see.

Thanks all for warm welcome. I am just here having some fun and enjoy the conversation....
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by bondom34 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:12 pm

Glad to have you!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#67 » by Andre Roberstan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:51 pm

SvenniSterki wrote:I think I never introduced myself. I started following the Sonics in the last year of Dale Ellis, Xavier McDaniels and Tom Chambers era. I really thought it would be fun to follow a team with 3 guys averaging 20+ points. Ofcouse very soon Chambers went off to Suns and I never saw them play with that combination til later when I downloaded couple of games.

I am from Iceland and I used to say that I was Sonics fan #1, but I was probably more like top 10.

When Sonics relocated to Oklahoma it was tuff, and it didnt make any sense to change teams as this was the only team that I really knew the whole roster. I will be an avid OKC follower while Westbrook stays. When he departs/retires, we will have to see.

Thanks all for warm welcome. I am just here having some fun and enjoy the conversation....

Velkomið! We're glad to have you.
Zhilvis
Senior
And1: 639

Post#68 » by Zhilvis » Sun Jan 1, 2017 4:15 pm

Hi everyone, I'm from Lithuania and I'm in my late twenties. I fell in love with basketball when Jordan and Bulls were dominating the league. I was little boy when local (Lithuanian) television started NBA translation back in '96. I was Bulls and Jordan fan and my friend was Jazz and Malone fan, so I have good memories from those days. After Jordan era I started so cheer for Timberwolves and Garnett, he became my childhood hero. I still have his jersey witch I got when I was like 14 yo. I still feel sentiments to this team.
I follow all teams with lithuanian players so now I am here.
By the way, I am one of those guys who had pleasure to watch Domantas' father playing for Blazers. Still remember 2000 western conference finals and also game 7, remember when I thought Sabonis will be first lithuanian in NBA finals but then one of the greatest comeback in NBA history happened.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by bondom34 » Sun Jan 1, 2017 7:40 pm

Zhilvis wrote:Hi everyone, I'm from Lithuania and I'm in my late twenties. I fell in love with basketball when Jordan and Bulls were dominating the league. I was little boy when local (Lithuanian) television started NBA translation back in '96. I was Bulls and Jordan fan and my friend was Jazz and Malone fan, so I have good memories from those days. After Jordan era I started so cheer for Timberwolves and Garnett, he became my childhood hero. I still have his jersey witch I got when I was like 14 yo. I still feel sentiments to this team.
I follow all teams with lithuanian players so now I am here.
By the way, I am one of those guys who had pleasure to watch Domantas' father playing for Blazers. Still remember 2000 western conference finals and also game 7, remember when I thought Sabonis will be first lithuanian in NBA finals but then one of the greatest comeback in NBA history happened.

Welcome, glad to have you around!
InTheSabonus
Pro Prospect
And1: 548

Post#70 » by InTheSabonus » Sat Jan 7, 2017 10:53 am

Hey there, fan from Australia checking in. Thought I'd finally use the account I made.

Chose to follow OKC after we lost the finals. The team of the only other sport I follow- Australian football- was pretty **** at the time, and I was looking for an NBA team that was probably going to be successful. Russ, KD, Harden made for an appealing option, and even though I knew little about the NBA, I knew enough to not follow the Heat. Harden's beard is one of the main reasons, and he got dealt shortly after, but I stuck with it. But because life is funny, my football team had a stunning rise to the top to become champs in 2016, while the NBA team I picked thinking they were a sure thing to win a ring in the next few years...

Anyway, no idea how much I'll post, but it looks like a good place here, so I'll probably try and help make the place a bit more active. Was on the thunder subreddit for a bit but it...wasn't my thing after a while. Figured this would be a good alternative.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by bondom34 » Sat Jan 7, 2017 11:12 am

InTheSabonus wrote:Hey there, fan from Australia checking in. Thought I'd finally use the account I made.

Chose to follow OKC after we lost the finals. The team of the only other sport I follow- Australian football- was pretty **** at the time, and I was looking for an NBA team that was probably going to be successful. Russ, KD, Harden made for an appealing option, and even though I knew little about the NBA, I knew enough to not follow the Heat. Harden's beard is one of the main reasons, and he got dealt shortly after, but I stuck with it. But because life is funny, my football team had a stunning rise to the top to become champs in 2016, while the NBA team I picked thinking they were a sure thing to win a ring in the next few years...

Anyway, no idea how much I'll post, but it looks like a good place here, so I'll probably try and help make the place a bit more active. Was on the thunder subreddit for a bit but it...wasn't my thing after a while. Figured this would be a good alternative.

Glad to have you, welcome!
alessandrux
Starter
And1: 2,239

Post#72 » by alessandrux » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi fellow Thunder fans, I'm from Germany and a Thunder fan and mostly a silent reader, but decided to introduce myself here, and maybe i will post from time to time.

I started to follow the NBA around 8 years ago, and liked the basketball OKC played (especially Westbrook, can remember reading on other boards, how much the team would benefit trading him for Rondo...).

I followed the finals, could understand trading Harden after his poor performance, and despite not liking the team Durant(who, for me me, ist still the most talented scorer i have ever watched) choose, i can understand his will to leave, but the aftertaste is still pretty sour, especially, because we were the best team in last years playoffs and could have had an even better roster this year.

For now i'm very curious at which seed we will end up (I think the sixth seed is the sweet spot, and with a lot(!) of luck, we might progress to the WCF; more realistically we lose in the first round) and what the plan going forward will be.
I think, if we can't assemble a way better roster than this year, we owe it to Russel to trade him to a better team and start to rebuild.
I don't know where extending Adams and Oladipo will lead us to, but, at the moment, i think our roster for next year might be one of worst considerung value-for-money.

My english might not be the best and because I am trying to get better at it, every corrected mistake is appreciated.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#73 » by Pillendreher » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:09 pm

I'm the only German Thunder fan allowed here. Get yourself a different team!

Just kidding! :) Where are you from exactly?
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#74 » by Andre Roberstan » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:46 pm

alessandrux wrote:Hi fellow Thunder fans, I'm from Germany and a Thunder fan and mostly a silent reader, but decided to introduce myself here, and maybe i will post from time to time.

I started to follow the NBA around 8 years ago, and liked the basketball OKC played (especially Westbrook, can remember reading on other boards, how much the team would benefit trading him for Rondo...).

I followed the finals, could understand trading Harden after his poor performance, and despite not liking the team Durant(who, for me me, ist still the most talented scorer i have ever watched) choose, i can understand his will to leave, but the aftertaste is still pretty sour, especially, because we were the best team in last years playoffs and could have had an even better roster this year.

For now i'm very curious at which seed we will end up (I think the sixth seed is the sweet spot, and with a lot(!) of luck, we might progress to the WCF; more realistically we lose in the first round) and what the plan going forward will be.
I think, if we can't assemble a way better roster than this year, we owe it to Russel to trade him to a better team and start to rebuild.
I don't know where extending Adams and Oladipo will lead us to, but, at the moment, i think our roster for next year might be one of worst considerung value-for-money.

My english might not be the best and because I am trying to get better at it, every corrected mistake is appreciated.

Your English is excellent, outside of one "ist" that sneaked in there and "considerung" needing to be "considering".

Welcome!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by bondom34 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:18 pm

alessandrux wrote:Hi fellow Thunder fans, I'm from Germany and a Thunder fan and mostly a silent reader, but decided to introduce myself here, and maybe i will post from time to time.

Glad to have you around, and your English is fantastic!
alessandrux
Starter
And1: 2,239

Post#76 » by alessandrux » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

Pillendreher wrote:I'm the only German Thunder fan allowed here. Get yourself a different team!

Near Stuttgart. Where are you from?
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#77 » by Pillendreher » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:31 pm

alessandrux wrote:Thanks for the welcome.

Pillendreher wrote:I'm the only German Thunder fan allowed here. Get yourself a different team!

Near Stuttgart. Where are you from?

South of Munich, near the Austrian border.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Cadillac22
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#78 » by Cadillac22 » Sun Apr 2, 2017 1:03 am

What's guys, I've been a fan of OKC since the 2009-2010 NBA season. I never really had a favorite NBA team, I just enjoyed watching the NBA, as for home, I'm still waiting to put down roots, since I'm currently an active duty service member. I'm more than honored to be aboard Thunder Nation!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#79 » by bondom34 » Sun Apr 2, 2017 1:05 am

Cadillac22 wrote:What's guys, I've been a fan of OKC since the 2009-2010 NBA season. I never really had a favorite NBA team, I just enjoyed watching the NBA, as for home, I'm still waiting to put down roots, since I'm currently an active duty service member. I'm more than honored to be aboard Thunder Nation!

Glad to have you, Thunder Up!
Cadillac22
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#80 » by Cadillac22 » Sun Apr 2, 2017 1:08 am

Bondom34, thanks for the welcome!

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder