Off topic thread

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, ThunderBolt

User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 60,692
And1: 42,141
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#361 » by bondom34 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:48 am

Knrstz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:And Season 1 over. Yep, loved it.

Is it like a wizards and warlocks show? Those aren’t really my thing

Not normally me either, it's like an 80s throwback mix between Stephen King and the X Files I'd say. Not really sure why but I loved it and it's not normally my thing either.
FoundANewSlant wrote:it's really fundamental defensive flaws exhibited here by Westbrook, PG, and Adams that put Melo into vulnerable positions here yet you can't recognize or explain it.

So Paul George is the reason Carmelo Anthony struggled on defense all these years...
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 14,007
And1: 3,323
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Location: Miami, FL

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#362 » by slick_watts » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:23 pm

stranger things stands on its own as a show with solid narrative, characters who develop, and interesting set pieces. but it also hearkens back to a simpler time when kids could actually be kids. i've noticed that a lot of people who didn't even grow up in the 80's feel overwhelming nostalgia when watching the show.
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
Posts: 944
And1: 577
Joined: Jul 18, 2017
 

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#363 » by RalphSampsonJr » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:05 pm

slick_watts wrote:stranger things stands on its own as a show with solid narrative, characters who develop, and interesting set pieces. but it also hearkens back to a simpler time when kids could actually be kids. i've noticed that a lot of people who didn't even grow up in the 80's feel overwhelming nostalgia when watching the show.


Yea they have gone out of their way to make it as 80s as can be. The opening synths and mood which is set works so well.
I was personally i little disappointed with the 2nd season. it kinda reminded me of the Matrix movies. The first one had this awesome feel of not knowing whats going on until the 2nd and 3rd movies when they just got out of hand. This season became alot more obvious and more dependent on special FX.
I swear to this day the best series i ever watched was that 1st season of True Detective. I would recommend that show to anyone after a good quality series!
User avatar
NaturalThunder
General Manager
Posts: 7,971
And1: 3,342
Joined: Jun 13, 2012
     

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#364 » by NaturalThunder » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:56 am

Just because it's Christmas night, I've had the right amount of beer, and the rest of the family is in bed fast asleep, I figured I'd share some more personal information. Over a year ago when we had our first kid I posted about it here and, in the past 17 months since our daughter was born, I've posted a little bit about her and shared some exchanges with spearsy who had a kid around the same time as we did.

We're having our second kid this spring. The due date is April 26th. We had a girl first which, deep down, is probably what both my wife and I wanted even though we stood firm in our "we just want a healthy kid" stance the whole pregnancy. Kid number two is going to be a boy, and after I got my "little princess" out of the way with baby number one, I'm over the moon about having a boy. I can't wait to have a "my little buddy" to share all of my sports passion and angst with.

Hope everyone here had a Merry Christmas. Next year for Christmas we'll have a two year old and an eight month old in tow.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 60,692
And1: 42,141
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#365 » by bondom34 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:46 am

NaturalThunder wrote:Just because it's Christmas night, I've had the right amount of beer, and the rest of the family is in bed fast asleep, I figured I'd share some more personal information. Over a year ago when we had our first kid I posted about it here and, in the past 17 months since our daughter was born, I've posted a little bit about her and shared some exchanges with spearsy who had a kid around the same time as we did.

We're having our second kid this spring. The due date is April 26th. We had a girl first which, deep down, is probably what both my wife and I wanted even though we stood firm in our "we just want a healthy kid" stance the whole pregnancy. Kid number two is going to be a boy, and after I got my "little princess" out of the way with baby number one, I'm over the moon about having a boy. I can't wait to have a "my little buddy" to share all of my sports passion and angst with.

Hope everyone here had a Merry Christmas. Next year for Christmas we'll have a two year old and an eight month old in tow.

Same to you and congrats on the kid!

PS Season 2 has so far been good, I'm finishing ep. 5 now. New characters were added, some stories seem to be getting rounded out, and elaborating. Enjoying it.
FoundANewSlant wrote:it's really fundamental defensive flaws exhibited here by Westbrook, PG, and Adams that put Melo into vulnerable positions here yet you can't recognize or explain it.

So Paul George is the reason Carmelo Anthony struggled on defense all these years...
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 60,692
And1: 42,141
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#366 » by bondom34 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:25 pm

I don't want to jinx this game but uh...this was good.

Read on Twitter
FoundANewSlant wrote:it's really fundamental defensive flaws exhibited here by Westbrook, PG, and Adams that put Melo into vulnerable positions here yet you can't recognize or explain it.

So Paul George is the reason Carmelo Anthony struggled on defense all these years...
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 60,692
And1: 42,141
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#367 » by bondom34 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:05 am

And signed up for reddit again only for college football excitement. I love football.
FoundANewSlant wrote:it's really fundamental defensive flaws exhibited here by Westbrook, PG, and Adams that put Melo into vulnerable positions here yet you can't recognize or explain it.

So Paul George is the reason Carmelo Anthony struggled on defense all these years...
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 60,692
And1: 42,141
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#368 » by bondom34 » Mon Jan 1, 2018 5:03 am

Happy New Year all.
FoundANewSlant wrote:it's really fundamental defensive flaws exhibited here by Westbrook, PG, and Adams that put Melo into vulnerable positions here yet you can't recognize or explain it.

So Paul George is the reason Carmelo Anthony struggled on defense all these years...
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 9,693
And1: 6,245
Joined: Jun 23, 2015
Contact:
   

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#369 » by Andre Roberstan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Ya boy is moving up:

Read on Twitter
Image
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 14,007
And1: 3,323
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Location: Miami, FL

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#370 » by slick_watts » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:35 pm

Andre Roberstan wrote:Ya boy is moving up:

Read on Twitter


it's a sinking ship. imo weston is the best contributor but he seems to be getting more scarce in favor of matt craig and the token female writer.

hope you can save it.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 9,693
And1: 6,245
Joined: Jun 23, 2015
Contact:
   

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#371 » by Andre Roberstan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:38 pm

slick_watts wrote:
Andre Roberstan wrote:Ya boy is moving up:

Read on Twitter


it's a sinking ship. imo weston is the best contributor but he seems to be getting more scarce in favor of matt craig and the token female writer.

hope you can save it.


It's still doing big traffic numbers—Weston brought me on because he wanted more in-depth stuff.

There's an off chance I could get access through it, but I'm not holding my breath. The moment Tumbleson sees me talking to Esfandiari on Twitter I'm probably getting added to the no-fly list.
Image
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 14,007
And1: 3,323
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Location: Miami, FL

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#372 » by slick_watts » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Andre Roberstan wrote:
slick_watts wrote:
Andre Roberstan wrote:Ya boy is moving up:

Read on Twitter


it's a sinking ship. imo weston is the best contributor but he seems to be getting more scarce in favor of matt craig and the token female writer.

hope you can save it.


It's still doing big traffic numbers—Weston brought me on because he wanted more in-depth stuff.

There's an off chance I could get access through it, but I'm not holding my breath. The moment Tumbleson sees me talking to Esfandiari on Twitter I'm probably getting added to the no-fly list.


it needs it. good luck!
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 60,692
And1: 42,141
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#373 » by bondom34 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:06 pm

Congats David!
FoundANewSlant wrote:it's really fundamental defensive flaws exhibited here by Westbrook, PG, and Adams that put Melo into vulnerable positions here yet you can't recognize or explain it.

So Paul George is the reason Carmelo Anthony struggled on defense all these years...
User avatar
Jstock12
General Manager
Posts: 8,928
And1: 15,689
Joined: Jun 24, 2012

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#374 » by Jstock12 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Wondering if the Thunder are doing some re-branding low-key. Stumbled upon some logo design concepts by a designer who doesn't want to reveal what they're for. But it looks very much like it could be for the OKC Thunder.
User avatar
ThunderBolt
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
Posts: 11,984
And1: 9,263
Joined: Dec 29, 2016
Location: Bentonville, AR
 

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#375 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:10 pm

Jstock12 wrote:Wondering if the Thunder are doing some re-branding low-key. Stumbled upon some logo design concepts by a designer who doesn't want to reveal what they're for. But it looks very much like it could be for the OKC Thunder.

I can only hope. The current logo looks like something from looney toons.
User avatar
spearsy23
RealGM
Posts: 18,638
And1: 7,135
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
   

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#376 » by spearsy23 » Sun Feb 4, 2018 11:17 pm

The supwrbowl is starting and I really just wanna play some 2k smh.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 60,692
And1: 42,141
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#377 » by bondom34 » Sun Feb 4, 2018 11:49 pm

spearsy23 wrote:The supwrbowl is starting and I really just wanna play some 2k smh.

I just wanna forget the NBA exists lol
FoundANewSlant wrote:it's really fundamental defensive flaws exhibited here by Westbrook, PG, and Adams that put Melo into vulnerable positions here yet you can't recognize or explain it.

So Paul George is the reason Carmelo Anthony struggled on defense all these years...
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 60,692
And1: 42,141
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#378 » by bondom34 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 12:28 am

Cloverfied sequel. Nice.
FoundANewSlant wrote:it's really fundamental defensive flaws exhibited here by Westbrook, PG, and Adams that put Melo into vulnerable positions here yet you can't recognize or explain it.

So Paul George is the reason Carmelo Anthony struggled on defense all these years...
User avatar
Osirus89
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,881
And1: 1,668
Joined: Nov 23, 2016
 

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#379 » by Osirus89 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 3:18 am

:D YES Philly did it!
I'll gladly take the Thunder loss if NE loses also.
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 60,692
And1: 42,141
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#380 » by bondom34 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 3:35 am

Osirus89 wrote::D YES Philly did it!
I'll gladly take the Thunder loss if NE loses also.

Same! Just done with ESPN slurping Brady.
FoundANewSlant wrote:it's really fundamental defensive flaws exhibited here by Westbrook, PG, and Adams that put Melo into vulnerable positions here yet you can't recognize or explain it.

So Paul George is the reason Carmelo Anthony struggled on defense all these years...

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder