Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Off topic thread 

Post#361 » by bondom34 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:48 am

Knrstz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:And Season 1 over. Yep, loved it.

Is it like a wizards and warlocks show? Those aren’t really my thing

Not normally me either, it's like an 80s throwback mix between Stephen King and the X Files I'd say. Not really sure why but I loved it and it's not normally my thing either.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,024

Post#362 » by slick_watts » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:23 pm

stranger things stands on its own as a show with solid narrative, characters who develop, and interesting set pieces. but it also hearkens back to a simpler time when kids could actually be kids. i've noticed that a lot of people who didn't even grow up in the 80's feel overwhelming nostalgia when watching the show.
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#363 » by RalphSampsonJr » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:05 pm

slick_watts wrote:stranger things stands on its own as a show with solid narrative, characters who develop, and interesting set pieces. but it also hearkens back to a simpler time when kids could actually be kids. i've noticed that a lot of people who didn't even grow up in the 80's feel overwhelming nostalgia when watching the show.

Yea they have gone out of their way to make it as 80s as can be. The opening synths and mood which is set works so well.
I was personally i little disappointed with the 2nd season. it kinda reminded me of the Matrix movies. The first one had this awesome feel of not knowing whats going on until the 2nd and 3rd movies when they just got out of hand. This season became alot more obvious and more dependent on special FX.
I swear to this day the best series i ever watched was that 1st season of True Detective. I would recommend that show to anyone after a good quality series!
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#364 » by NaturalThunder » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:56 am

Just because it's Christmas night, I've had the right amount of beer, and the rest of the family is in bed fast asleep, I figured I'd share some more personal information. Over a year ago when we had our first kid I posted about it here and, in the past 17 months since our daughter was born, I've posted a little bit about her and shared some exchanges with spearsy who had a kid around the same time as we did.

We're having our second kid this spring. The due date is April 26th. We had a girl first which, deep down, is probably what both my wife and I wanted even though we stood firm in our "we just want a healthy kid" stance the whole pregnancy. Kid number two is going to be a boy, and after I got my "little princess" out of the way with baby number one, I'm over the moon about having a boy. I can't wait to have a "my little buddy" to share all of my sports passion and angst with.

Hope everyone here had a Merry Christmas. Next year for Christmas we'll have a two year old and an eight month old in tow.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#365 » by bondom34 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:46 am

NaturalThunder wrote:Just because it's Christmas night, I've had the right amount of beer, and the rest of the family is in bed fast asleep, I figured I'd share some more personal information. Over a year ago when we had our first kid I posted about it here and, in the past 17 months since our daughter was born, I've posted a little bit about her and shared some exchanges with spearsy who had a kid around the same time as we did.

We're having our second kid this spring. The due date is April 26th. We had a girl first which, deep down, is probably what both my wife and I wanted even though we stood firm in our "we just want a healthy kid" stance the whole pregnancy. Kid number two is going to be a boy, and after I got my "little princess" out of the way with baby number one, I'm over the moon about having a boy. I can't wait to have a "my little buddy" to share all of my sports passion and angst with.

Hope everyone here had a Merry Christmas. Next year for Christmas we'll have a two year old and an eight month old in tow.

Same to you and congrats on the kid!

PS Season 2 has so far been good, I'm finishing ep. 5 now. New characters were added, some stories seem to be getting rounded out, and elaborating. Enjoying it.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#366 » by bondom34 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:25 pm

I don't want to jinx this game but uh...this was good.

Read on Twitter
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#367 » by bondom34 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:05 am

And signed up for reddit again only for college football excitement. I love football.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#368 » by bondom34 » Mon Jan 1, 2018 5:03 am

Happy New Year all.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#369 » by Andre Roberstan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Ya boy is moving up:

Read on Twitter
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#370 » by slick_watts » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:35 pm

Andre Roberstan wrote:Ya boy is moving up:

Read on Twitter

it's a sinking ship. imo weston is the best contributor but he seems to be getting more scarce in favor of matt craig and the token female writer.

hope you can save it.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#371 » by Andre Roberstan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:38 pm

slick_watts wrote:

Read on Twitter

it's a sinking ship. imo weston is the best contributor but he seems to be getting more scarce in favor of matt craig and the token female writer.

hope you can save it.

It's still doing big traffic numbers—Weston brought me on because he wanted more in-depth stuff.

There's an off chance I could get access through it, but I'm not holding my breath. The moment Tumbleson sees me talking to Esfandiari on Twitter I'm probably getting added to the no-fly list.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#372 » by slick_watts » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Andre Roberstan wrote:
slick_watts wrote:

Read on Twitter

hope you can save it.

It's still doing big traffic numbers—Weston brought me on because he wanted more in-depth stuff.

There's an off chance I could get access through it, but I'm not holding my breath. The moment Tumbleson sees me talking to Esfandiari on Twitter I'm probably getting added to the no-fly list.

it needs it. good luck!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#373 » by bondom34 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:06 pm

Congats David!
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,287

Post#374 » by Jstock12 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Wondering if the Thunder are doing some re-branding low-key. Stumbled upon some logo design concepts by a designer who doesn't want to reveal what they're for. But it looks very much like it could be for the OKC Thunder.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#375 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:10 pm

Jstock12 wrote:Wondering if the Thunder are doing some re-branding low-key. Stumbled upon some logo design concepts by a designer who doesn't want to reveal what they're for. But it looks very much like it could be for the OKC Thunder.

I can only hope. The current logo looks like something from looney toons.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#376 » by spearsy23 » Sun Feb 4, 2018 11:17 pm

The supwrbowl is starting and I really just wanna play some 2k smh.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#377 » by bondom34 » Sun Feb 4, 2018 11:49 pm

spearsy23 wrote:The supwrbowl is starting and I really just wanna play some 2k smh.

I just wanna forget the NBA exists lol
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#378 » by bondom34 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 12:28 am

Cloverfied sequel. Nice.
Osirus89
Starter
And1: 2,016

Post#379 » by Osirus89 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 3:18 am

:D YES Philly did it!
I'll gladly take the Thunder loss if NE loses also.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#380 » by bondom34 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 3:35 am

Osirus89 wrote::D YES Philly did it!
I'll gladly take the Thunder loss if NE loses also.

Same! Just done with ESPN slurping Brady.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder