2016 Offseason Part 2

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Re: 2016 Offseason Part 2 

Post#1481 » by Pillendreher » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:30 am

I strongly disagree with Lowe on the whole Durant situation. Him whining about Russ does not make it clear that he didn't want to play with him. It makes it clear that he doesn't wanna own up to the situation and tries to scapegoat everybody else.
And no, Russ is not a 'my turn, your turn' kind of guy. Enough with the 2010 hottakes. You know what Russ did in the Playoffs? He deferred to the cupcake even when it was obvious that he shouldn't. Just stop blaming other players for Durant's shortcomings.

Sent from my A0001 using RealGM mobile app
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,297

Post#1482 » by Old Man Game » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:26 pm

Pillendreher wrote:I strongly disagree with Lowe on the whole Durant situation. Him whining about Russ does not make it clear that he didn't want to play with him. It makes it clear that he doesn't wanna own up to the situation and tries to scapegoat everybody else.
And no, Russ is not a 'my turn, your turn' kind of guy. Enough with the 2010 hottakes. You know what Russ did in the Playoffs? He deferred to the cupcake even when it was obvious that he shouldn't. Just stop blaming other players for Durant's shortcomings.

I'd And 1 this post 1 million times if I could.

Durant and his crew of handlers knows what the simplistic media narrative is on Russ (that he's supposedly selfish) and they are essentially using it as their P.R. strategy to manage his image and re-brand by recruiting friendly media outlets and pundits to espouse and echo this nonsense.

It won't work. You're a punk Durant. Not only that, you're a self centered back stabbing punk. And people don't like you now. Just own it. Draymond does. Be like Draymond.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,216

Post#1483 » by bondom34 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:06 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,216

Post#1484 » by bondom34 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:19 pm

;feature=youtu.be
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,340

Post#1485 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:06 pm

I have no shame saying I will be the ultimate bandwagoner this season. Let's Go Westbrook, Go Cavs, Go Spurs, Go Clippers, Go whoever plays GS, Go whoever boos the servant.

I hope we can have a great season, developing our team, WB reaching the top, Adams confirming that he's one of the best center in the league and to see other players improving and developing chemistry together, but my main wish is to see the pussies falling to get his free ring.

Anyway, for now let's hope we can enjoy 82 games of fun and see a potential team that can reach the top with 1 or 2 more players.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#1486 » by Pillendreher » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:38 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:I strongly disagree with Lowe on the whole Durant situation. Him whining about Russ does not make it clear that he didn't want to play with him. It makes it clear that he doesn't wanna own up to the situation and tries to scapegoat everybody else.

I'd And 1 this post 1 million times if I could.

Durant and his crew of handlers knows what the simplistic media narrative is on Russ (that he's supposedly selfish) and they are essentially using it as their P.R. strategy to manage his image and re-brand by recruiting friendly media outlets and pundits to espouse and echo this nonsense.

It won't work. You're a punk Durant. Not only that, you're a self centered back stabbing punk. And people don't like you now. Just own it. Draymond does. Be like Draymond.

I wouldn't call him a punk. I think he's a gigantic narcissist that craves for people's fondness quite desperately. I want to believe that the Durant we saw in 2014 giving his MVP speech was the 'real Durant', but something definitely changed. He was **** in the 2014 Playoffs, got hurt in 2015, checked out in 2016, was basically our worst player in the Mavs series, was OK against the Spurs, hat good games against the Warriors and basically threw the series after that.

This whole narrative him and his camp is trying to push is boring me. I have no problem believing him and Russ weren't bffs. It's completely normal to disklike certain things about people. We have all been there.
But to go out there and now try to roll with this 'I never even liked him all that much' bs is just embarassing. He wants people to like him so, so bad that he's basically going ham with the whole thing like 'They don't like? Screw them - I'm gonna go full tunnel vision'-

Based on several reports the only thing holding him back was 'How is this gonna look?', hence the incredibly telling 'I was glad they lost in the Finals' quote.
And one other thing: No, it wouldn't have been OK for him to go to Boston. Stop making this only abou the Warriors. He's a supposed superstar in his prime turning his back on his teammates after playing one of the worst Playoffs by any volume scorers ever (out of 87 players with at least one Playoff run with at least 600 MPG and 350 FGA, Durant is 71st in PER, 78th in WS/48, 79th in BPM, 80th in VORP and 46th in TS%). He's leaving the very same teammates that left it all out on the floor with him crapping the bed.
Did you see what LeBron alone did to the Warriors in 2015? Durant would have gotten spanked sideways with basically just Thompson, Delly and Smith.

Finally, don't give me that 'He's on a mission to find himself'. Shut the **** up with that ****. He's not like some guru. He's an athlete that's gotten too full of himself and tries to come off as thoughtful. Well, he really isn't. He's a little bitch that tries to avoid blame at any cost. Well, too bad there's no more Presti to do it for you, ****.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#1487 » by Pillendreher » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:45 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/243768/Rex-Kalamian-Thunder-Lost-Personal-Bond-With-Trade-Of-James-Harden

Now this ****. Just shut the **** up with this kind of bs. I'm sick of it. We have a working team chemistry and this more and more seems like the Reggie situation - one guy that didn't want to be here.

The only thing left is an anonymous source saying Durant had to cry himself to sleep every night.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,340

Post#1488 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:33 pm

The media have to sell something. GSW will have all the attention and a lot of viewers/bandwagoners so they have to sell a good product. Telling the truth about KD is not a good idea for them. But the real NBA fan knows and he will be booed on every road game.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,297

Re: RE: Re: 2016 Offseason Part 2 

Post#1489 » by Old Man Game » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:51 am

Pillendreher wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/243768/Rex-Kalamian-Thunder-Lost-Personal-Bond-With-Trade-Of-James-Harden

Now this ****. Just shut the **** up with this kind of bs. I'm sick of it. We have a working team chemistry and this more and more seems like the Reggie situation - one guy that didn't want to be here.

The only thing left is an anonymous source saying Durant had to cry himself to sleep every night.

It's just another aspect of trying to humanize him and rehab the image. I wouldn't be surprised if his agent helped him draft the alleged text or if there never even was a text and Rex just did him a favor. Seems like a really random thing for a Raptors assistant to just volunteer don't you think?

'Our guys here are really close. You know what even KD said so. Speaking of KD [goes off on rant about the Thunder].' Seems weird.

Sent from my KFFOWI using RealGM mobile app

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder