ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Re: Let's Make a Deal: Thunder Trade Targets 

Post#241 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:12 pm

retrobro90 wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:
Knrstz wrote:Denver is overloaded at PF. The way our salaries are stacked, it's really hard to make a trade work. Who should we target and what would we offer?

Faried $12.9 million 2 years
Arthur $7.5 million 2 years
Lyles $2.5 million 2 years
Lydon $1.5 million 4 years
Hernangomez $2 million 3 years
Millsap $31 million 3 years

I want Arthur. They won't trade Lyles, Lydon or Hernangomez. Faried is trash and they just signed Millsap.

Agreed. Wanted arthur for a hot minute. Only problem is I just don't see a way that two division rivals want to help each other out.

We made a trade with Denver last year so I don't see that being an issue. I think Lyles is very attainable but we may not want him. They have three young power forwards behind millsap. That's too many. They'll move one. The value Hernangomez, Lydon and Lyles in that order. Arthur concerns me a bit because I've heard he's had some knee issues.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#242 » by Dn4sty » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:04 pm

Knrstz wrote:
retrobro90 wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:
I want Arthur. They won't trade Lyles, Lydon or Hernangomez. Faried is trash and they just signed Millsap.

Agreed. Wanted arthur for a hot minute. Only problem is I just don't see a way that two division rivals want to help each other out.

We made a trade with Denver last year so I don't see that being an issue. I think Lyles is very attainable but we may not want him. They have three young power forwards behind millsap. That's too many. They'll move one. The value Hernangomez, Lydon and Lyles in that order. Arthur concerns me a bit because I've heard he's had some knee issues.

Arthur's knees are approaching the more than just an issue territory. I think if you could guarantee he'd stay healthy he makes all the sense in the world, but I'm not sure Id be willing to take that risk
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#243 » by bondom34 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:15 pm

Yeah he was kinda low key awful last year. I think Denver might have an easier time moving Faried than him.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#244 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:04 am

Lyles seems like he could be a Presti guy, you and buried in the rotation. If there is any package we could put together for Hernangomez I would be willing to give a future first and more for him.
The problem is the two young PFs I like most, Juancho and Skal, are both on teams that don't need guards. So Ferguson doesn't haven't much appeal to Sac and Denver.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#245 » by Dn4sty » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:39 am

Knrstz wrote:Lyles seems like he could be a Presti guy, you and buried in the rotation. If there is any package we could put together for Hernangomez I would be willing to give a future first and more for him.
The problem is the two young PFs I like most, Juancho and Skal, are both on teams that don't need guards. So Ferguson doesn't haven't much appeal to Sac and Denver.

I could see a deal centered around McDermott for Lyles. OKC would have to add something I would guess. Denver needs SF depth and OKC needs PF depth.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#246 » by Pillendreher » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:46 am

bondom34 wrote:Yeah he was kinda low key awful last year. I think Denver might have an easier time moving Faried than him.

Arthur? He had injury issues, but when he played, he was solid. I would love him on this team.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#247 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:37 am

Dn4sty wrote:
Knrstz wrote:Lyles seems like he could be a Presti guy, you and buried in the rotation. If there is any package we could put together for Hernangomez I would be willing to give a future first and more for him.

I could see a deal centered around McDermott for Lyles. OKC would have to add something I would guess. Denver needs SF depth and OKC needs PF depth.

Add Chicago second?
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#248 » by retrobro90 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:04 pm

Part of me thinks it might be a little premature to acquire another PF before we've actually seen what our current roster even looks like. I'm guilty of it myself because it seems like it could be a necessity come this year's trade deadline. There's no telling what Patterson will look like after his recovery but big men are cheap now. Would rather not have to trade some of our young assets or picks for one when theres gonna be plenty in next year's FA market and not many teams with space to pay them.

Looking farther ahead to next summer: let's say for this proposition that hypothetically both george and westbrook have decided to stay.

Don't think the pistons are gonna be anything special this season. At best they probably top out as a first round exit. Because of that they might not have great chances at retaining Avery Bradley. If Bradley walks that leaves them with a limited amount of options at SG unless they feel that Kennard is ready to start in his sophomore year or that they can somehow lure back KCP. S&T centered around Roberson and Bradley? I love Dre but theres no question that immediately makes us a better squad overall. Detroit gets an all league level wing defender for a guy that would've walked anyway.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#249 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:51 pm

retrobro90 wrote:Part of me thinks it might be a little premature to acquire another PF before we've actually seen what our current roster even looks like. I'm guilty of it myself because it seems like it could be a necessity come this year's trade deadline. There's no telling what Patterson will look like after his recovery but big men are cheap now. Would rather not have to trade some of our young assets or picks for one when theres gonna be plenty in next year's FA market and not many teams with space to pay them.

Looking farther ahead to next summer: let's say for this proposition that hypothetically both george and westbrook have decided to stay.

Don't think the pistons are gonna be anything special this season. At best they probably top out as a first round exit. Because of that they might not have great chances at retaining Avery Bradley. If Bradley walks that leaves them with a limited amount of options at SG unless they feel that Kennard is ready to start in his sophomore year or that they can somehow lure back KCP. S&T centered around Roberson and Bradley? I love Dre but theres no question that immediately makes us a better squad overall. Detroit gets an all league level wing defender for a guy that would've walked anyway.

I agree with what you're saying. I think it's a risk/reward situation. Let's say we could get Lyles for McDermott and a second. Lyles was decent as a rookie and took a step back last year. Entering his third year he's at a crossroads year. If he doesn't take a step forward then the chances of him improving decrease in most people's mind. If he starts out the season and looks bad then his trade value drops. Then, do we really want him? If he starrs off playing well then McDermott and a second won't get it done. I feel like since we are in a situation with Russ and George possibly walking , I would love for Presti to try to acquire that young guy who he thinks will take the next step forward. I think this year we need to take a risk.

Let's say OKC got one or the two young guys I like, Labissiere or Hernangomez. Even if Russ and George leave, at least you still have a young asset to either build around or trade. That's one of the only situations I would considering moving a future first round pick and Ferguson. Ideally, I really don't want to move Ferguson for a established vet who isn't a star like Thaddeus Young or one of the Morris twins. If Ferguson is moved I want a young guy coming back. Ferguson is a 6'7 wing who was the fourth youngest player in the draft. I like his potential.

The problem with our assets is that we don't really have any besides Ferguson and Abrines. Although Grant and McDermott are cheap, they are expiring. I still maintain it was a mistake to not acquire a second round pick on draft night this year. I'm guessing it was because we planned on going into the tax this year and didn't want to spend more money.

If we could get Avery Bradley I think that for sure makes us the second best team in the west.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#250 » by Dn4sty » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Knrstz wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:

Add Chicago second?

I think McDermott and Bulls 2nd is too much for Lyles. Maybe give OKC 2018 2nd

So McDermott, OKC 2018 2nd, Boston 2018 2nd (but its heavily protected (31-55)

For

Lyles

I'd also attempt to find a PF with the 4.9 million trade exception. Maybe Randle, Portis, or Siakam
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#251 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:52 am

Dn4sty wrote:
Knrstz wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:

Add Chicago second?

I think McDermott and Bulls 2nd is too much for Lyles. Maybe give OKC 2018 2nd

So McDermott, OKC 2018 2nd, Boston 2018 2nd (but its heavily protected (31-55)

For

Lyles

I'd also attempt to find a PF with the 4.9 million trade exception. Maybe Randle, Portis, or Siakam

I like Randle even though he's not really a stretch four. I'm just not sure we could acquire him that easily. Lakers fans seem to think he'll be used to dumb Deng.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#252 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:27 pm

Would you guys be willing to part with our 2022 first round pick? How much value would that have on the tradeing block?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,497

Post#253 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:39 pm

Knrstz wrote:Would you guys be willing to part with our 2022 first round pick? How much value would that have on the tradeing block?

No. I won't be surprised when Presti does part with it for an expiring veteran at the deadline to try to get the team into the 2nd round.

I expect the 2018 Chicago 2nd and 2022 first to both be traded at some point. I also won't be surprised if Abrines and Ferguson are traded.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#254 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:47 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Knrstz wrote:Would you guys be willing to part with our 2022 first round pick? How much value would that have on the tradeing block?

No. I won't be surprised when Presti does part with it for an expiring veteran at the deadline to try to get the team into the 2nd round.

I expect the 2018 Chicago 2nd and 2022 first to both be traded at some point. I also won't be surprised if Abrines and Ferguson are traded.

I know you think OKC has gone all in but I think Abrines and Ferguson will be held on to if at all possible. If Russ and PG leave then we at least have a couple of wings as young prospects. I would be curious to see what a combination of the the Chicago 2nd and our 2022 first round pick can get us along with McDermott or Grant. Could we put together a package to get Hernangomez from Denver? They need a sf. Also, the pelicans need a sf since the Hill injury.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#255 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:00 pm

Dallas might be an interesting trade partner now that Noel took the QO. Cuban has said they are rebuilding. They might be willing to part with Barnes and Noel for a decent package of picks/prospects. Barnes being signed for multiple years could also be encouraging to Russ as a long-term quality player.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#256 » by bondom34 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:35 pm

When has Presti ever traded really anything for expiring vets where it wasn't for amazing value
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#257 » by Kizz Fastfists » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:24 am

bondom34 wrote:When has Presti ever traded really anything for expiring vets where it wasn't for amazing value

Perkins was an expiring. Kanter was an expiring, granted RFA.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#258 » by bondom34 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:44 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
bondom34 wrote:When has Presti ever traded really anything for expiring vets where it wasn't for amazing value

Perkins was an expiring. Kanter was an expiring, granted RFA.

Perk was for Green, Kanter for Jackson. He gave up junk, not firsts.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#259 » by Kizz Fastfists » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:11 am

bondom34 wrote:Perk was for Green, Kanter for Jackson. He gave up junk, not firsts.

Kanter was for Jackson and a first. Jackson is far from junk by himself much less including a first. Presti traded for junk he didn't trade junk.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#260 » by Dn4sty » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:40 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:Dallas might be an interesting trade partner now that Noel took the QO. Cuban has said they are rebuilding. They might be willing to part with Barnes and Noel for a decent package of picks/prospects. Barnes being signed for multiple years could also be encouraging to Russ as a long-term quality player.

What would a hypothetical trade look like here?

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder