Let's Make a Deal: Thunder Trade Targets

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Re: Let's Make a Deal: Thunder Trade Targets 

Post#201 » by Balkman32 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 1:09 pm

Andre Roberstan wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:Looking at this roster I think the one place where we can upgrade is at the starting 4. Patterson would move back into a backup 4 role which would make the 2nd unit stronger.

What does everyone think about a Kevin Love trade? and Hoe he would fit with the starting lineup?

It would be great if we had the pieces to do it. He'd be a seamless fit. We don't have enough to get it done, though.

Let Presti do his magic. Are you really a Warriors fan and the Thunder Mod? or did you lose a bet?
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#202 » by Andre Roberstan » Wed Aug 2, 2017 2:36 pm

Balkman32 wrote:
Andre Roberstan wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:Looking at this roster I think the one place where we can upgrade is at the starting 4. Patterson would move back into a backup 4 role which would make the 2nd unit stronger.

What does everyone think about a Kevin Love trade? and Hoe he would fit with the starting lineup?

It would be great if we had the pieces to do it. He'd be a seamless fit. We don't have enough to get it done, though.

Let Presti do his magic. Are you really a Warriors fan and the Thunder Mod? or did you lose a bet?

There was a trade contest on the T&T board and the winner got to change someone's avatar. bwgood decided I would look good in blue and gold.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#203 » by Balkman32 » Thu Aug 3, 2017 6:03 pm

Andre Roberstan wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:
Andre Roberstan wrote:

There was a trade contest on the T&T board and the winner got to change someone's avatar. bwgood decided I would look good in blue and gold.

That Hurts. What was the winning deal?
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#204 » by Andre Roberstan » Thu Aug 3, 2017 6:04 pm

Balkman32 wrote:
Andre Roberstan wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:

That Hurts. What was the winning deal?

I don't actually recall. It's on the board somewhere.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#205 » by Dn4sty » Fri Aug 4, 2017 4:57 am

Pillendreher wrote:
Knrstz wrote:Ideally would we rather have Arthur or Lyles?

Arthur. Lyles sucks.

I'd rather have Arthur but I don't think Lyles sucks. He was pretty decent as a rookie. He obviously had a terrible 2nd season, but Denver thought enough of him to trade for him on draft night. NBA GMs do stupid stuff all the time but the Nuggets have been pretty smart IMO.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,216

Post#206 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:38 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaplxzky

What else do we need to add to make the trade happen? Chicago 2nd, Ferguson or future first?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#207 » by retrobro90 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:18 am

Knrstz wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

What else do we need to add to make the trade happen? Chicago 2nd, Ferguson or future first?

I'd need to know what the trade is. :wink: wrong link
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#208 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:20 am

retrobro90 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

I'd need to know what the trade is. :wink: wrong link

Fixed it.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,503

Post#209 » by Kizz Fastfists » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:15 am

Knrstz wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaplxzky

I don't think you can add anything to motivate Denver to do that. Denver didn't make the move for Millsap so they could trade win now pieces for future pieces, like Abrines, and never pieces, like Grant. If Denver is still in the rebuilding mind set then adding Ferguson and both 2018 2nds might get it done.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#210 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:09 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Knrstz wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaplxzky

I don't think you can add anything to motivate Denver to do that. Denver didn't make the move for Millsap so they could trade win now pieces for future pieces, like Abrines, and never pieces, like Grant. If Denver is still in the rebuilding mind set then adding Ferguson and both 2018 2nds might get it done.

Trade win now pieces?? I don't get it. Abrines for Hernangmez isn't trading for a less experienced player. Plus they won't be able to afford to keep Barton next year. So if they got Grant, (who is expiring) plus another asset, I don't see how that hurts them. Unless you think Barton makes the difference in them making a championship run this year.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#211 » by Kizz Fastfists » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:43 am

Barton is a win now piece and a pretty good one. I also don't see why they can't afford him next year. I think any deal Denver makes will include getting rid of Faried's contract. He doesn't fit the team. If OKC were to take back Faried I could see something happening.

Barton and Faried for Abrines, Ferguson, Singler and McDermott. McDermott is an expiring. They get upside in Abrines and Ferguson and while Singler has the extra year he is cheaper than Faried. I don't like it for OKC though. I just don't think OKC and Denver match up well. I see no reason for Denver to move Barton for some pieces that might end up as good eventually. Denver has plenty of quality depth they need top of the roster type of pieces and OKC isn't move Russ or PG to Denver.

I think Denver is sitting back waiting for an opportunity to try to get a big time wing and isn't going to trade for prospects who will have a hard time seeing the courts ahead of Harris, Murray and Chandler. If Denver was looking to move Murray to PG then maybe something like Abrines and McDermott for Barton and Mudiay works. OKC gets a much better 3rd PG and a solid wing to come off the bench and Denver gets a shooter with upside in Abrines and McDermott in case of an injury.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
mab2039
Sophomore
And1: 75

Post#212 » by mab2039 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:10 am

i dont think denver would do that deal at all. specially hernangomez, no way they deal him.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#213 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:07 pm

mab2039 wrote:i dont think denver would do that deal at all. specially hernangomez, no way they deal him.

Do what deal? It started with Abrines and Grant but it wasn't complete. I like Hernangomez but if you're giving Abrines plus Ferguson/other asset, that's plenty fair for a guy who averaged 5ppg as a rookie. It might even be an overpay on our end. Grant for Barton makes the trade work with salary but I'll agree that Barton is much better.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#214 » by Balkman32 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:53 pm

I think the Thunder are a BIG fans of Alex and will be VERY hesitant to deal him.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#215 » by Balkman32 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:46 pm

Who would you rather Harrison Barnes or Wes Matthews?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#216 » by Kizz Fastfists » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:07 pm

Balkman32 wrote:Who would you rather Harrison Barnes or Wes Matthews?

Barnes.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#217 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:58 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:

Barnes.

Same here. Barnes isn't an allstar but he's a solid player. Matthews best years are behind him.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#218 » by Andre Roberstan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Knrstz wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

Barnes.

Same here. Barnes isn't an allstar but he's a solid player. Matthews best years are behind him.

Same for me. Barnes gets a bit of a bad rap.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#219 » by Pillendreher » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:22 am

Doesn't really matter since their trade value differs greatly.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#220 » by Balkman32 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:38 pm

Pillendreher wrote:

Doesn't really matter since their trade value differs greatly.

I hear what you are saying but I don't think we know what way the Mav's are going. I think Kanter could interest them depending how this Noel contract works out.

If the Thunder made an offer of Kanter for either one of them I think they would consider the deal. A Kanter Barnes trade would save the Mavs a bunch of money.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder