Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,209

Re: Let's Make a Deal: Thunder Trade Targets 

Post#2341 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Mar 4, 2018 12:15 am

Dn4sty wrote:
Knrstz wrote:If temple opts out I would think he could be a good mle candidate.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/249155/Garrett-Temple-Could-Decline-$8M-Option-With-Kings

He makes all the sense in the world unless you think maybe an upgrade at backup PG is a bigger need (can Felton play another year?).

Backup PGs worth the tax payer MLE...Yogi? Joseph (if he opts out)?

I would be willing to give Felton another year.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2342 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Mar 4, 2018 12:19 am

If George did decide to stay and Melo was willing to waive his NTC, I wonder if the clippers would be a possible destination. Melo would be an expiring and they might be looking to dump some salary.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#2343 » by Dn4sty » Sun Mar 4, 2018 1:25 am

Knrstz wrote:If George did decide to stay and Melo was willing to waive his NTC, I wonder if the clippers would be a possible destination. Melo would be an expiring and they might be looking to dump some salary.

That would be ideal, but I just can’t see a scenario where Melo doesn’t opt in if George returns
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2344 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Mar 4, 2018 1:26 am

Dn4sty wrote:
Knrstz wrote:If George did decide to stay and Melo was willing to waive his NTC, I wonder if the clippers would be a possible destination. Melo would be an expiring and they might be looking to dump some salary.

That would be ideal, but I just can’t see a scenario where Melo doesn’t opt in if George returns

He can still opt in and waive his NTC.
MostJadedGamer
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#2345 » by MostJadedGamer » Sun Mar 4, 2018 3:10 am

Really like the Brewer pickup a long rangy defender who is a decent 3pt shooter. As far as Carmelo no wya is he opting out. Money is going to be extremely tight this offseason in the NBA.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2346 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Mar 4, 2018 3:23 am

Trey Lyles has quickly become forgotten now that millsap has returned. At some point Denver might want to get rid of one of their 6 power forwards.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#2347 » by getrichordie » Mon Mar 5, 2018 6:55 am

Knrstz wrote:Trey Lyles has quickly become forgotten now that millsap has returned. At some point Denver might want to get rid of one of their 6 power forwards.

I doubt we will see Lyles traded before next year's deadline unless it's he's apart of some blockbuster deal to bring back a star for the Nuggets. He will be an expiring next year and as long as Millsap looks okay, I don't think they will want to pay Lyles. Someone is going to offer Lyles a nice contract during his RFA as long as he keeps playing the way he is. He's 22 years old and the closest thing you can get to a modern 4 and can also play small ball 5 which is huge. Honestly, if I was Denver, I'd just keep Lyles barring a huge offer sheet. He fits the Nuggets timeline whereas Millsap is the odd man out unless they go get a star.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2348 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Mar 5, 2018 4:13 pm

I don’t think Lyles is that unattainable assuming a team has decent assets. If he keeps getting dnp’s then he likely won’t get that big of an offer.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#2349 » by Dn4sty » Mon Mar 5, 2018 8:33 pm

Knrstz wrote:I don’t think Lyles is that unattainable assuming a team has decent assets. If he keeps getting dnp’s then he likely won’t get that big of an offer.

I think the only thing that may make Lyles difficult to obtain would be the face saving Denver would still want to do from the Mitchell trade
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#2350 » by Dn4sty » Mon Mar 5, 2018 8:34 pm

MostJadedGamer wrote:Really like the Brewer pickup a long rangy defender who is a decent 3pt shooter. As far as Carmelo no wya is he opting out. Money is going to be extremely tight this offseason in the NBA.

You can say a lot about Brewer, but a decent 3 point shooter is not one of them.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2351 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Mar 7, 2018 1:41 pm

It’s crazy how realGM posters have bought in to the Markelle Fultz hate. I get that there are some concerns here but he’s basically become Jahlil Okafor level bust for many.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#2352 » by spearsy23 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:36 pm

Knrstz wrote:It’s crazy how realGM posters have bought in to the Markelle Fultz hate. I get that there are some concerns here but he’s basically become Jahlil Okafor level bust for many.

It's just impossible to say what's actually going on there, but if a guy misses a whole season because he forgot how to shoot that's pretty terrifying going forward.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#2353 » by Dn4sty » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:51 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:It’s crazy how realGM posters have bought in to the Markelle Fultz hate. I get that there are some concerns here but he’s basically become Jahlil Okafor level bust for many.

It's just impossible to say what's actually going on there, but if a guy misses a whole season because he forgot how to shoot that's pretty terrifying going forward.

I’d buy really low on him while also taking back Bayless to help facilitate max cap space for Philly. I think Fultz needs a restart in a new spot with a fresh team. I was SO high on him pre draft. I was thinking a better Dame as his realistic ceiling
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2354 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:30 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:

I’d buy really low on him while also taking back Bayless to help facilitate max cap space for Philly. I think Fultz needs a restart in a new spot with a fresh team. I was SO high on him pre draft. I was thinking a better Dame as his realistic ceiling

Doesn’t Philly have max cap space without doing this? I also think the number one pick in the draft isn’t required to dumb Bayless. Also, how can philly use okc to dump Bayless if we are already over the cap? We don’t have cap space to just absorb a guy. We need to send salary back.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Post#2355 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Knrstz wrote:Doesn’t Philly have max cap space without doing this? I also think the number one pick in the draft isn’t required to dumb Bayless. Also, how can philly use okc to dump Bayless if we are already over the cap? We don’t have cap space to just absorb a guy. We need to send salary back.

Don't confuse him with complicated matters like the salary cap and the CBA. OKC can just magically do what they want without worrying about those things.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Let's Make a Deal: Thunder Trade Target 

Post#2356 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:18 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Knrstz wrote:Doesn’t Philly have max cap space without doing this? I also think the number one pick in the draft isn’t required to dumb Bayless. Also, how can philly use okc to dump Bayless if we are already over the cap? We don’t have cap space to just absorb a guy. We need to send salary back.

Don't confuse him with complicated matters like the salary cap and the CBA. OKC can just magically do what they want without worrying about those things.

I’m far from an expert on the salary cap and CBA so my post was sincerely asking. If there is a path to a championship with Russ and George, I’m all for it. The thing about getting lucky in the draft, it just requires two things to happen- miss the playoffs and have Adam silver draw our name. While those odds are not in our favor, I feel like the chances of that scenario happening are greater than making 3-4 trades that push us over the top. Then there is also the issue of Dononvan trying to mximize a championship caliber roster.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Re: Let's Make a Deal: Thunder Trade Target 

Post#2357 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:56 pm

Knrstz wrote:I’m far from an expert on the salary cap and CBA so my post was sincerely asking. If there is a path to a championship with Russ and George, I’m all for it. The thing about getting lucky in the draft, it just requires two things to happen- miss the playoffs and have Adam silver draw our name. While those odds are not in our favor, I feel like the chances of that scenario happening are greater than making 3-4 trades that push us over the top. Then there is also the issue of Dononvan trying to mximize a championship caliber roster.

The only path OKC has to be a contender with Russ and PG is for guys like David West to choose OKC as their vet minimum ring chasing destination and that isn't happening. Either Presti didn't chase any high quality vet minimum bench players this past off-season or they all picked Houston, GS and other locations over OKC. Nothing has happened to make OKC a destination for quality vet minimum players.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#2358 » by Dn4sty » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:00 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:

You are the worst. You know full well I understand the CBA and salary cap. I bet you are a blast to be around and have lots of friends.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#2359 » by Dn4sty » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:04 pm

Knrstz wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:It's just impossible to say what's actually going on there, but if a guy misses a whole season because he forgot how to shoot that's pretty terrifying going forward.

Doesn’t Philly have max cap space without doing this? I also think the number one pick in the draft isn’t required to dumb Bayless. Also, how can philly use okc to dump Bayless if we are already over the cap? We don’t have cap space to just absorb a guy. We need to send salary back.

They don’t have max space without moving Bayless. I will fully admit the taking back shouldn’t have been used in the post above. I misspoke.

I hope you don’t paint me as a dumb simpleton now who doesn’t understand the CBA/Cap like another certain poster.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#2360 » by getrichordie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:27 am

I'm curious what Presti will do with the pair of 2nd rounders we will have this year, assuming BOS doesn't **** up their playoff run.
[twitter] @thunderdustin

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder