So what's up Sam & Russ?

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

jambalaya
Sixth Man
And1: 286

So what's up Sam & Russ? 

Post#1 » by jambalaya » Sun Jul 9, 2017 11:00 am

Most people like the other moves of the off-season. But what's up with the extension? Folks assumed you'd meet and talk it about. Was there a meeting? A phone call or several? I have not seen a single report of any. I know you both like total control, total silence, no media or fan updates but I didn't expect it would be this silent, this long. 9 days isn't that long but will 9 go to 15 to 30, 50, 90 and then longer? I'd think, we've talked, not in a rush, would be easy to say, if true. But neither of you have, at least to my knowledge.

If you are just waiting for a time when you can get max / close to exclusive attention / accolades, ok. Play it your way. Will it be Russ re-signs or Russ AND Sam re-sign (to close to what David Griffin gets in NYC)?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,206

Re: So what's up Sam & Russ? 

Post#2 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jul 9, 2017 12:56 pm

Like always, we have no clue. We'll find out when something happens. I'm sure Presti knows where Russ stands and vice versa. I imagine Presti made these moves to get Russ to extend. If Russ doesn't extend, I'm sure Presti has a plan. We just don't know if that plan is to ride it out or blow it up.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Envelopes
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#3 » by Envelopes » Sun Jul 9, 2017 1:04 pm

Is there anything to rain for Russ by signing now? it would take a huge injury for him not to be offered the max this time next year.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#4 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:14 pm

Russ isn't signing anything this off-season. He will hit FA with George. If Presti can convince George to stay then Russ will probably resign. If George walks then OKC is right back where it was and Russ leaves for a better team.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#5 » by Pillendreher » Sun Jul 9, 2017 4:23 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:Russ isn't signing anything this off-season. He will hit FA with George. If Presti can convince George to stay then Russ will probably resign. If George walks then OKC is right back where it was and Russ leaves for a better team.

At this point, you're apt to become a certain measurement for things that will not happen. 8-)
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
jambalaya
Sixth Man
And1: 286

Post#6 » by jambalaya » Sun Jul 9, 2017 4:42 pm

If Russ walks, and of course George walks, maybe Presti walks, and Thunder is back... to a roster that puts them at very bottom with cap space... to use in trade market mainly or not use for awhile to recover profit while rebuilding thru the draft.

Grand finale before crash does look the same as change to keep Russ here. But is Russ looking at what is now or what will be in year and beyond? Assuming he is smart, it is the beyond. The beyond is thin on talent and money for talent. Not impressive compared to west competitors.

Kanter picking up his option will probably hurt. Adams at $25 mil / yr probably hurts. One or more will probably have to change.

Another possible answer to where things are now is Thunder haven't offered DVP extension yet.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder