hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,322

Re: Player of the Day: Andre Roberson 

Post#301 » by hardenASG13 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:00 pm

RalphSampsonJr wrote:
slick_watts wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:

Surely you can't think the fts were his only problem. He was a disaster, the missed open layup, doesn't dribble, doesn't shoot, misses badly when he does, travels, charges. Grants game would basically be a career best for him. He will be benched completely soon.

the only conclusion i can come to in these conversations is that you do not understand defense.

Thats got to be it!

these guys seem to have this idea in their head that each team just gets a turn to shoot without the other team trying to prevent it.
"Why have someone that is good at preventing the opposing team from scoring on the floor?! thats a waste!.."

Did anyone see how quick the wolves were to attack Abrines? they were posting him up with whoever! i think i even saw Teague post him up!
NBA coaches do their homework.. they know who can defend and who cant. Abrines cant and they went straight at him.. getting foul shots everytime! which they converted unlike the thunder!

the fact that this is not picked up by some of these antiRobersons proves they dont understand defense.
there are two ends of the court. watch what happens on both ends for gods sake

Ok mr. Defense. Here's a solution....play grant over abrines in that case. Didn't see many people backing him down. Do you ignore offense. It's clear you don't understand offense.....see I can do it to. He was a disaster, all around. Unplayable.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#302 » by bondom34 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:14 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:
slick_watts wrote:
the only conclusion i can come to in these conversations is that you do not understand defense.

Thats got to be it!

these guys seem to have this idea in their head that each team just gets a turn to shoot without the other team trying to prevent it.
"Why have someone that is good at preventing the opposing team from scoring on the floor?! thats a waste!.."

Did anyone see how quick the wolves were to attack Abrines? they were posting him up with whoever! i think i even saw Teague post him up!
NBA coaches do their homework.. they know who can defend and who cant. Abrines cant and they went straight at him.. getting foul shots everytime! which they converted unlike the thunder!

the fact that this is not picked up by some of these antiRobersons proves they dont understand defense.

Ok mr. Defense. Here's a solution....play grant over abrines in that case. Didn't see many people backing him down. Do you ignore offense. It's clear you don't understand offense.....see I can do it to. He was a disaster, all around. Unplayable.

Grant is not a good defender. And Abrines has to this point been very bad on offense and defense.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#303 » by RalphSampsonJr » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:26 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:
slick_watts wrote:

Thats got to be it!

The fact you think Grant is the solution just proves my point even more!

I can see why Robes sucks on offense. You cant see how Abrines or Grant suck on defense. thats the difference
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#304 » by hardenASG13 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:55 pm

bondom34 wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:
Thats got to be it!

Grant is not a good defender. And Abrines has to this point been very bad on offense and defense.

Grant has been decent defensively. George can clearly guard the best wing. Roberson has been a train wreck on offense, yet all you guys want to talk about are the flaws of the other players.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#305 » by bondom34 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:00 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:

Grant has been decent defensively. George can clearly guard the best wing. Roberson has been a train wreck on offense, yet all you guys want to talk about are the flaws of the other players.

He actually is not, by any measure. By that standard Roberson is decent offensively. And Grant is a wreck on offense as well.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect

Post#306 » by RalphSampsonJr » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:07 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:

I agree Roberson has been a train wreck on offense.
Its like you think im arguing with you about Robes offense.. i know he sucks. Im arguing that he needs to be on because his defense is that beneficial to the team. His terrrrrrrible offense doesnt hurt the team as much as it would if he was an average defender.

I will admit he has not looked good in these last three games. His defense hasnt been game changing like it should and he seems to have lost all confidence on offense. His average defending however, is still miles above any other guard we have. including Russ.

I am not arguing with you and saying his offense is good. I am arguing with you that he is definitely not "unplayable" as he does not get abused on defense like Abrines and Grant have done
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,072

Post#307 » by Dadouv47 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Roberson should give $13 everytime he misses a free throw.
sleestak33
Junior
And1: 150

Post#308 » by sleestak33 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:41 pm

RalphSampsonJr wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

Its like you think im arguing with you about Robes offense.. i know he sucks. Im arguing that he needs to be on because his defense is that beneficial to the team. His terrrrrrrible offense doesnt hurt the team as much as it would if he was an average defender.

I will admit he has not looked good in these last three games. His defense hasnt been game changing like it should and he seems to have lost all confidence on offense. His average defending however, is still miles above any other guard we have. including Russ.

I am not arguing with you and saying his offense is good. I am arguing with you that he is definitely not "unplayable" as he does not get abused on defense like Abrines and Grant have done

What I don't get is how in the world you guys think it's ok for Roberson to get 4 years to develop his offense yet when Abrines struggles with his defense he somehow should get yanked immediately. Why not give Abrines the same chance to develop? His upside is ridiculously higher than Roberson as was Perry Jones and Jeremy Lamb yet instead of going with the more talented player they went with Roberson and after 4 years he's somehow managed to get worse. Abrines and Ferguson are going to struggle defensively while they develop but they deserve the same chance as Roberson got.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#309 » by Andre Roberstan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:48 pm

sleestak33 wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:

What I don't get is how in the world you guys think it's ok for Roberson to get 4 years to develop his offense yet when Abrines struggles with his defense he somehow should get yanked immediately. Why not give Abrines the same chance to develop? His upside is ridiculously higher than Roberson as was Perry Jones and Jeremy Lamb yet instead of going with the more talented player they went with Roberson and after 4 years he's somehow managed to get worse. Abrines and Ferguson are going to struggle defensively while they develop but they deserve the same chance as Roberson got.

Who is arguing Abrines or Ferguson should get yanked immediately?
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#310 » by hardenASG13 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:17 pm

RalphSampsonJr wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:
Thats got to be it!

The fact you think Grant is the solution just proves my point even more!

I can see why Robes sucks on offense. You cant see how Abrines or Grant suck on defense. thats the difference

I can see abrines is bad on D. Not sure what you guys are watching with grant. He did well defensively last night, and has all year. His offensive game would've been one of the best of Robersons career. Learning defensive tendencies come with repetition and exposure, in addition to practice and tape study. Let's keep watching, this is honestly funny at this point. Roberson brings no value to this team. They've gone into a hole to start the last 4 halfs,then shot their way back in. Last night they came all the way back, with abrines awful d in the game. What are you guys seeing?
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,024

Post#311 » by slick_watts » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:22 pm

hardenASG13 wrote: Roberson brings no value to this team. They've gone into a hole to start the last 4 halfs,then shot their way back in. Last night they came all the way back, with abrines awful d in the game. What are you guys seeing?

i'm seeing paul george and russell westbrook using 60% of the possessions and scoring at < 50% TS efficiency with the starters, mostly. i saw jeff teague splash jumpers in russell westbrook's face to start the game.

andre roberson's proven his value over three seasons and you are ready to discredit all of that after three games. why? the starters with him last year were dominant, one of the elite groups in the nba. why so eager to change that? the starters took apart the rockets in the playoffs last season.

andrew wiggins was slicing up abrines and, later, raymond felton (who fouled teague needlessly- would have been roberson's assignment on the switch). both were sitting in the corner doing nothing on offense.

you're delirious with excitement that andre roberson hasn't played much, even though his counter part against utah and against minnesota were both largely responsible for their wins against us in 4Q while he was absent (joe ingles, andrew wiggins).

you can believe what you want. but what you believe is incorrect.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#312 » by slick_watts » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:40 pm

it's been revealed that roberson had prp treatment on his knee. could explain a little bit.
sleestak33
Junior
And1: 150

Post#313 » by sleestak33 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:01 pm

slick_watts wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote: Roberson brings no value to this team. They've gone into a hole to start the last 4 halfs,then shot their way back in. Last night they came all the way back, with abrines awful d in the game. What are you guys seeing?

i'm seeing paul george and russell westbrook using 60% of the possessions and scoring at < 50% TS efficiency with the starters, mostly. i saw jeff teague splash jumpers in russell westbrook's face to start the game.

andre roberson's proven his value over three seasons and you are ready to discredit all of that after three games. why? the starters with him last year were dominant, one of the elite groups in the nba. why so eager to change that? the starters took apart the rockets in the playoffs last season.

andrew wiggins was slicing up abrines and, later, raymond felton (who fouled teague needlessly- would have been roberson's assignment on the switch). both were sitting in the corner doing nothing on offense.

you're delirious with excitement that andre roberson hasn't played much, even though his counter part against utah and against minnesota were both largely responsible for their wins against us in 4Q while he was absent (joe ingles, andrew wiggins).

Roberson is flat out the reason OKC lost to the Rockets. You're completely delusional. Not only did he allow Harden to score more points in the history of the playoffs than anybody has scored in the last 20 years in the 1st 3 games (37, 35 and 44) he also gave Houston the tremendous advantage of putting Harden on him which allowed him to not only conserve energy it also allowed Harden to stand by the lane and clog it anytime Russ drove which led to tons of bad shots. The advantage the elite teams are getting from using Roberson's defender to play free safety and play 5 against 4 defensively is a massive advantage and for the life of me I can't figure out how it is that guys like you that claim to understand basketball can't seem to figure this out. Heck he singlehandedly lost game 4 going 2-12 on free throws. 3-21 for the series...the worst free throw percentage by any player in the history of the playoffs. Yeah, he was phenomenal.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#314 » by slick_watts » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:30 pm

sleestak33 wrote:Roberson is flat out the reason OKC lost to the Rockets. You're completely delusional. Not only did he allow Harden to score more points in the history of the playoffs than anybody has scored in the last 20 years in the 1st 3 games (37, 35 and 44) he also gave Houston the tremendous advantage of putting Harden on him which allowed him to not only conserve energy it also allowed Harden to stand by the lane and clog it anytime Russ drove which led to tons of bad shots. The advantage the elite teams are getting from using Roberson's defender to play free safety and play 5 against 4 defensively is a massive advantage and for the life of me I can't figure out how it is that guys like you that claim to understand basketball can't seem to figure this out. Heck he singlehandedly lost game 4 going 2-12 on free throws. 3-21 for the series...the worst free throw percentage by any player in the history of the playoffs. Yeah, he was phenomenal.

i get the impression that you do not actually read the posts posted by other posters. you have not moved one inch from your positions here despite all the evidence thrown your way. the fact is that the starting lineup dominated the rockets, with andre roberson in there. i'm not talking about the rest of the lineups, just the starters, since the starting lineup is what's pertinent here with you and your friend clamoring for roberson to be benched. the thunder won the minutes that roberson and westbrook shared the court together against houston. but somehow he's the reason they lost? are you joking?

nobody is disagreeing with you that roberson has problems on offense. but he was excellent defensively against the rockets, he had one of the best defensive playoffs of anyone last season in the nba. he was defending the entire perimeter as well as blocking shots, defending the rim, etc. do you understand this? that the defense with roberson and the starters in was elite? that it tends to be elite when roberson is in and it's not when he's out? counter part scoring (i.e. harden's point totals) is not capturing roberson's defensive impact.

which comes to the point once again. you refuse to credit adams for the defense, you refuse to credit roberson. you evade this explanation in all your replies. why did we have an elite defense against houston with the starters in?

i just realized the post you replied to didn't even mention the rockets, wasn't directed at you, and you touched on hardly any of the points that were made. i've been around realgm for probably 13-14 years and i have to say that i've never seen a poster like you in all that time.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#315 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:49 pm

sleestak33 wrote:
slick_watts wrote:

Roberson is flat out the reason OKC lost to the Rockets. You're completely delusional. Not only did he allow Harden to score more points in the history of the playoffs than anybody has scored in the last 20 years in the 1st 3 games (37, 35 and 44) he also gave Houston the tremendous advantage of putting Harden on him which allowed him to not only conserve energy it also allowed Harden to stand by the lane and clog it anytime Russ drove which led to tons of bad shots. The advantage the elite teams are getting from using Roberson's defender to play free safety and play 5 against 4 defensively is a massive advantage and for the life of me I can't figure out how it is that guys like you that claim to understand basketball can't seem to figure this out. Heck he singlehandedly lost game 4 going 2-12 on free throws. 3-21 for the series...the worst free throw percentage by any player in the history of the playoffs. Yeah, he was phenomenal.

I have a question about Kanter. Now that he’s getting the minutes you think he deserves, how many wins will he help the Knicks to get?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#316 » by hardenASG13 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:53 pm

slick_watts wrote:

Are you suggesting to go away from Russ and George? Does their 60% usage on offense with the starters have anything to do with "shooting guard" being unusable? That is something you all love to neglect.

Also yea totally, the 4th quarter with no Roberson is where they've lost it. Ingles did great when Roberson was in the game too. They were down big going into the fourth in that game, and won the quarter by 7. Last night despite Wiggins, who was great, they won the quarter by 11. So what I believe isn't incorrect. What you are sadly clinging onto is.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,130

Post#317 » by Funcrusher » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:56 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:Are you suggesting to go away from Russ and George? Does their 60% usage on offense with the starters have anything to do with "shooting guard" being unusable? That is something you all love to neglect.

Also yea totally, the 4th quarter with no Roberson is where they've lost it. Ingles did great when Roberson was in the game too. They were down big going into the fourth in that game, and won the quarter by 7. Last night despite Wiggins, who was great, they won the quarter by 11. So what I believe isn't incorrect. What you are sadly clinging onto is.

You're out of your element, Donny.
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#318 » by hardenASG13 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:01 am

BobThunder wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:Are you suggesting to go away from Russ and George? Does their 60% usage on offense with the starters have anything to do with "shooting guard" being unusable? That is something you all love to neglect.

You're out of your element, Donny.

Very convincing! Please elaborate. Did they not win those 2 fourth quarters, with Roberson on the bench, by alot? Should they not be using Westbrook and George 60% of the time? Would grants game last night not be one of the best of Robersons career? Would all you haters be making a huge deal out of what Roberson did offensively (missed point blank layup, passing up numerous jumpers (that hurts the team, fellas), faking an injury then badly airballing 2 foul shots, the travel, the charge....) if grant were to do it?

From what I can see from your posts, you often just agree with the homer clique, who tries to pretend they are smarter than others because they appreciate defense (which isn't as important as offense in the NBA anymore) and nobody else does. Your posts lack any substance or perspective, quit being a follower, bobby.
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#319 » by hardenASG13 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:17 am

RalphSampsonJr wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:
I had a feeling you would come on here after last game.
Robes played a lot fewer minutes and we got beat easily By a team we shouldn't of.
Abrines has no clue on defense.
Aw but he can shoot you say?! He was 25% from 3 while Robes was 100%

So your stance is that if Roberson had played more they would have won? I can think of a few other reasons they may have lost. Defense was not the issue. Not sure how anyone can attribute that loss to anything but extremely bad shooting from basically everyone and turnovers. The defense was keeping them in the game, despite their offensive struggles, which were severe.

Roberson didn't struggle he was 100% fg that game. Should of played more. Abrines got lost far too often on defense. Grant has the bball iq of a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) too

Hahaha just saw this....thats a joke right? Your using his 100%fg to say he wasn't useless offensively in the Utah game? Talk about missing the little things (passing up shots, never collapsing the defense, guys looking him off (rightfully so) and being forced into tougher shots as a result), his man doubling in on adams to prevent dump off passes while he stands open in the corner on drives). Must only be little things on defense, huh?
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect

Post#320 » by RalphSampsonJr » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:57 am

hardenASG13 wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
So your stance is that if Roberson had played more they would have won? I can think of a few other reasons they may have lost. Defense was not the issue. Not sure how anyone can attribute that loss to anything but extremely bad shooting from basically everyone and turnovers. The defense was keeping them in the game, despite their offensive struggles, which were severe.

Roberson didn't struggle he was 100% fg that game. Should of played more. Abrines got lost far too often on defense. Grant has the bball iq of a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) too

Hahaha just saw this....thats a joke right? Your using his 100%fg to say he wasn't useless offensively in the Utah game? Talk about missing the little things (passing up shots, never collapsing the defense, guys looking him off (rightfully so) and being forced into tougher shots as a result), his man doubling in on adams to prevent dump off passes while he stands open in the corner on drives). Must only be little things on defense, huh?

No I was pulling a Sleestak and clinging to a superficial stat to try prove my point..

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder