Thunder Offseason Trade Game

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Re: Thunder Offseason Trade Game 

Post#21 » by retrobro90 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:12 am

There's probably going to be a few contending teams in a bidding war over Avery Bradley come this year's deadline so this might not be enough to get him even though I think it's fair from a value standpoint. I posted it in a thread about Detroit in the Trades & Transactions board. Would have to take place around the deadline for restrictions to expire.

OKC OUT: Alex Abrines, Doug Mcdermott, Jerami Grant, CHI 2018 2nd

OKC IN: Avery Bradley, Anthony Tolliver
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,212

Post#22 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:37 am

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9kpgb8m Plus 2022 first round pick.p or Chicago 2918 second if that is good enough.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#23 » by retrobro90 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:49 am

Knrstz wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9kpgb8m Plus 2022 first round pick.p or Chicago 2918 second if that is good enough.

Sacramento already has about twelve two guards on the roster with Bogdan coming over. Also think Skal is good but probably not the guy we want to help us in a playoff environment.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#24 » by Antinomy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:04 am

I'd keep my eye on the Pelicans at the deadline if they are struggling. Wouldn't hesitate to pull a DeMarcus Cousins trade for Adams. The roster is still missing something & you gotta go all in at the point.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:26 pm

retrobro90 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9kpgb8m Plus 2022 first round pick.p or Chicago 2918 second if that is good enough.

Sacramento already has about twelve two guards on the roster with Bogdan coming over. Also think Skal is good but probably not the guy we want to help us in a playoff environment.

I agree that Sacramento has too many guards but disagree that he wouldn't help in a playoff environment. He's entering his second year so I wouldn't except a deer in the headlights performance like I would with a rookie. Also, the advantage to targeting a guy on his rookie contact is that he becomes an addition to the core and we aren't subtracting a guy like Adams to add someone.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#26 » by Dn4sty » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:51 pm

I haven't forgotten about this idea yet. I've got a trade locked in between OKC and Dallas, but still waivering between either a deal with 76ers or Nuggets to finalize this roster.

I'll try and post my final trades/roster/and reasons why later this evening.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#27 » by Dn4sty » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:36 pm

I'll be the first to bite on posting my official trades and the reasons behind them, but first a little bit of my reasoning behind why I made the deals I did.

1. I don't think bigger name guys Barnes/Tobias Harris type player will be available before the season starts. Even if they were I don't see how OKC could construct a trade package that would be accepted by Mavs or Pistons. So bigger type players are not going to be in this post.

2. Alex Abrines needs to play. I think his ceiling is somewhere around Redick/Fournier and in order to reach that place, he needs minutes. His lingering knee issues scare me a bit, but he is not someone OKC should be looking to trade before the season starts.

3. This team needs to avoid GSW for as long as possible in playoffs. This means being the 2nd or 3rd seed in the west. In order for this to happen, there needs to be some additions to this team before the trade deadline.

4. I really don't think a market for Kanter exists, and I'm ok with that. The trade scenarios below surround him with a ton of shooter on the second unit.

5. Semaj Christon has no business on this basketball team.

Team needs: Better bench, PF

Trade 1:
Mavs get Terrence Ferguson, Kyle Singler, and Bulls 2018 2nd
OKC gets Yogi Ferrell and Seth Curry

I really really like Ferrell coming off this Thunder bench. He kinda has a Patty Mills feel to me. He's also controllable after this season because he's a rFA. Plus Dallas has a million PGs. Farrell immediately adds a huge scoring lift to the Thunder bench. I know they signed Felton to be the backup PG, but Farrell is just too good to pass up.

Seth Curry would provide a huge lift to this bench as a legit 6th man who can score in bunches. It will be hard to re-sign him as the most OKC can offer him next summer is 4yrs/30 million, but you never know.

They also get out of Singlers contract

For the Mavs, adding Ferguson gives them an actual wing behind Matthews. The Bulls 2018 2nd is like a late 1st round pick.

Trade 2:
Nuggets get Thunder 2019 2nd, Boston 2018 2nd and Josh Huestis
OKC gets Trey Lyles and the draft rights to Vlatko Cancar

I'm still a buyer on Trey Lyles. Yes his 2nd season was rough, but he showed a bunch of promise as a rookie. This trade was more about acquire a guy with a high ceiling and filling depth than anything else.

Cancar has a great name, is 6-8/210 at the age of 20. He's a pretty legit catch and shoot threat and can develop for a few more years overseas. He's kind of a throw in that you maybe get something out of in 2-3 years.

The Nuggets botched the Trey Lyles trade. They need SF depth real bad, and I think Huestis can actually play. The 2019 Thunder 2nd could end up as a either Bulls 2018 like pick (if Russ/PG leave) or basically nothing.

Final Roster

C: Adams/Kanter/Johnson
PF: Patterson/Grant/Lyles/Collison
SF: PG13/McDermott/
SG: Roberson/Abrines/Curry
PG: Russ/Yogi/Felton

It looks a little light at SF, but Roberson can easily play up if need be.

I might have not sent enough value in either trade, but I think it's close. I also didn't want to trade Ferguson for likely amounts to a rental in Curry and a rFA in Ferrell. My hopes would be that cap space dries up quickly next summer and Seth takes a 4yr/30 million deal from OKC. Either way his bench scoring would prove invaluable to this team.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#28 » by Dn4sty » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:28 am

I guess we can amend the rules and say Carmelo is on the table :)
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:03 am

So are we done? What else could/should we do at this point?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#30 » by bondom34 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:10 am

I don't know how you were deciding who won.

But Presti won.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#31 » by Dn4sty » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:18 am

Knrstz wrote:So are we done? What else could/should we do at this point?

I think at this point you hope Wade comes.

Then you figure out backup C (Mejri? O'Quinn?)

Then maybe you can flip Ferguson and Singler for something (maybe not even till the deadline). Maybe something around this package gets you Ferrell/Curry.

Does Singler, Ferguson and 2022 lottery protected 1st get you Bradley at the deadline? Especially if Detroit is a dysfunctional mess (always a good possibility with Reggie Jackson at the helm).

I think a guy like Sean Kilpatrick would make sense for OKC if Wade goes elsewhere.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#32 » by Balkman32 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:59 pm

Presti Won! LOL Love it. There is not much we can do moving forward. As of right now we are $330k to being $15 million over the Lux Tax. I would think we try to stay underneath that number.

We really don't have any other assets to deal. I think we can comfortably say unless someone unreal becomes available that Adams, Roberson, Abrines, Patterson, and Felton are guys I am not interested in dealing. They fit this roster. With Adams and Roberson starting with OK3 and a bench of Patterson, Felton, and Abrines I think we are pretty good. Grant and Ferguson could get some serious minutes this year with the lack of NBA players on this roster.. I think Grant starts the seaso'n in the rotation as the backup C. We really just dont have any assets to move. Here's a list:

Trade-able Assets?:
-Grant
-Ferguson
-Singler (Is he really an Asset?)
-Huestis
-Christon (He is non-Guguranteed, WE could ushim to create a trade exception.
-2018 Second Round draft pick from Boston (Boston's 2018 2nd round pick to Oklahoma City protected for selections 31-55)
-2020 First Round draft pick from OKC (Oklahoma City's 1st round pick to Team protected for selections 1-14 & 21-30 in 2020, selections 1-14 in 2022, and selections 1-14 in 2024 if Oklahoma City has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Minnesota by 2024, then Oklahoma City will instead convey its 2024 2nd round pick and 2025 2nd round pick to said Team.
-2018 Second Round Pick
-2019 Second Round Pick

*We cant deal 2nd round picks between 2020 and 2024 because they are in deals concerning the 2018 and 2020 first round picks we have already traded and if the first is not conveyed because of the protections we swap the first round pick for 2 second rounders. I would assume after we clinch the playoffs we will be able to deal 2nd rounders in 2020 and 2021. I really like the way Presti has used his draft picks he trades kind of as protections in future trades. We would have had to give the 2020 first in the Anthony trade if we didint use in on Grant.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#33 » by retrobro90 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:56 am

I'm not sure the prototypical 6th man type of player is what we're really missing currently. Maybe another low usage two way guy that can make plays a la Cory Joseph or a veteran C who can protect the rim. I think more than likely we roll with the current bench for the time being and wait for a buyout candidate or make a tiny on the margins trade at the deadline. I'd be surprised if Presti dealt Ferguson.

What are the chances Tyson Chandler requests a buyout from Phoenix? That's my cream dream.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by Balkman32 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:05 pm

Antinomy wrote:I'd keep my eye on the Pelicans at the deadline if they are struggling. Wouldn't hesitate to pull a DeMarcus Cousins trade for Adams. The roster is still missing something & you gotta go all in at the point.

Will they take Kyle Singler?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#35 » by bondom34 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:26 pm

No to Boogie for me.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Balkman32 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:34 pm

retrobro90 wrote:I'm not sure the prototypical 6th man type of player is what we're really missing currently. Maybe another low usage two way guy that can make plays a la Cory Joseph or a veteran C who can protect the rim. I think more than likely we roll with the current bench for the time being and wait for a buyout candidate or make a tiny on the margins trade at the deadline. I'd be surprised if Presti dealt Ferguson.

What are the chances Tyson Chandler requests a buyout from Phoenix? That's my cream dream.

Abrines is the 6th man. With Patterson and Felton as 7 and 8, in our rotation.

I think we wait and see how this roster gels. Then we will know what we need to move forward. Unless we can get off Singler's contract.

I believe that we could use a big man to protect the rim, a wing, and a point guard. I think we need to see this team play and get an understanding for the strengths and weaknesses.

Chandler could be bought out but he is due $26.5 million over this year and next. If he gave them back money I am sure the Suns would have interest in buying him out.

I don't see many buy out candidates other than Brook Lopez, and I don't think that is even a guarantee that he gets bought out.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by Balkman32 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:43 pm

bondom34 wrote:No to Boogie for me.

I just don't see how he helps more than Adams. Its not like we need buckets. I think Adams is a great glue guy like Roberson that does not need and ball and are willing to go the extra mile and do the little things.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#38 » by retrobro90 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:22 pm

I posted this on a trade thread yesterday but it got a little buried. Wanted to get yalls thoughts.

Couple ideas involving memphis or san antonio.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9mktq7u

OKC adds another polished wing defender in exchange for a little of their rim protection and youth. Grizz get some needed shot blocking and athleticism to help their transition game.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9wl2zja

This would also include OKC's 2019 2nd round pick. So Grant/Brown + 2019 OKC 2nd for Slow-Mo. The pick probably has a 50/50 chance of being a high or low second (moreso or less so dependent on how likely you think it is that our stars stay in place next year). SA washes rinses and repeats their process of cutting bait on bench talent before their pay day and adds future assets in the process. OKC upgrades the 2nd unit's playmaking and adds a reliable rotation piece at SF.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by Balkman32 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:24 am

I wonder if Huestis track to become the backup SF. If he and Grant can step up and be out 9th and 10th, we might not have to make a move.

or maybe Singler can be that guy... lol :lol:
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by Balkman32 » Tue Oct 3, 2017 6:33 pm

So I guess this game dies pretty quickly with the Melo trade and the gut job we did on out assets this off season. My idea would be to add a big man. I think adding a big to Adams and Patterson is needed during the season, especially when we go against teams like the Grizz, Pels, and Spurs. Its just a matter of finding that right guy. I would love for Brook Lopez to be bought out, but I don't think that happens until the deadline.

I think this is our biggest asset left. We should save it for the deadline and see if we can get what we need.
-2020 First Round draft pick from OKC (Oklahoma City's 1st round pick to Team protected for selections 1-14 & 21-30 in 2020, selections 1-14 in 2022, and selections 1-14 in 2024 if Oklahoma City has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Team by 2024, then Oklahoma City will instead convey its 2024 2nd round pick and 2025 2nd round pick to said Team.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder