2017-2018 OKC Thunder Regular Season Thread part one: The Fellowship for A Ring

Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

Atomic Punk
Pro Prospect
And1: 328

Re: 2017-2018 OKC Thunder Regular Season Thread part one: The Fellowship for A Ring 

Post#2161 » by Atomic Punk » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:11 pm

Knrstz wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:Good teams don’t screw around with missing the playoffs. :crazy:

Sure, they stink, you're right....i mean, they'd likely be the favorites in the east, or a 1a, and itd only be an upset if they beat golden State or houston, but yeah.....theyre awful. Seriously why follow the team. There are 2 definate teams better than them, maybe 2 or 3 more teams arguably built better for a playoff series. What more do you want? Just follow the warriors

I see you’re still living in denial about Roberson’s impact. There is no way in hell we are the third or fourth best team in the nba right now. We are not the same team without Dre. We likely have the third or fourth best duo in the league. Our roster blown out of the water after that with the exception of Adams.

You want to put all of the emphasis on a few wins and make excuses for bad losses. The reality is those losses could cause this team to miss the playoffs. What is more likely is that we could end up with a first round matchup with Houston.

It’s virutally impossible to have a great roster with what we’re paying Russ, Adams, Melo and George. Melo just isn’t worth it and as good as Steven Adams has been, we needed to sign him for less.

Once again, I won’t go follow a different team. You’re the fickle one that has stated your fandom is transient.

Honestly, I think I would prefer to see the Thunder face the Rockets or Warriors in the first round as opposed to someone like the T-Wolves.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,017

Re: 2017-2018 OKC Thunder Regular Season Thread part one: The Fellowship for A Ring 

Post#2162 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:14 pm

Atomic Punk wrote:
Knrstz wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
Sure, they stink, you're right....i mean, they'd likely be the favorites in the east, or a 1a, and itd only be an upset if they beat golden State or houston, but yeah.....theyre awful. Seriously why follow the team. There are 2 definate teams better than them, maybe 2 or 3 more teams arguably built better for a playoff series. What more do you want? Just follow the warriors

I see you’re still living in denial about Roberson’s impact. There is no way in hell we are the third or fourth best team in the nba right now. We are not the same team without Dre. We likely have the third or fourth best duo in the league. Our roster blown out of the water after that with the exception of Adams.

You want to put all of the emphasis on a few wins and make excuses for bad losses. The reality is those losses could cause this team to miss the playoffs. What is more likely is that we could end up with a first round matchup with Houston.

It’s virutally impossible to have a great roster with what we’re paying Russ, Adams, Melo and George. Melo just isn’t worth it and as good as Steven Adams has been, we needed to sign him for less.

Once again, I won’t go follow a different team. You’re the fickle one that has stated your fandom is transient.

Honestly, I think I would prefer to see the Thunder face the Rockets or Warriors in the first round as opposed to someone like the T-Wolves.

I prefer the spurs :)

They are only a good regular season team right now. Can't see Kawhi being 100% comes playoff time.
Atomic Punk
Pro Prospect

Post#2163 » by Atomic Punk » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:20 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:
Knrstz wrote:

I prefer the spurs :)

They are only a good regular season team right now. Can't see Kawhi being 100% comes playoff time.

The Spurs are the goddamn Michael Myers of the NBA, they just won’t die.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#2164 » by spearsy23 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:33 pm

Staying 400 feet from Cox Convention Center, should I go watch Ferg with the blue tonight?
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Atomic Punk
Pro Prospect

Post#2165 » by Atomic Punk » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:54 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Staying 400 feet from Cox Convention Center, should I go watch Ferg with the blue tonight?

Hell yes you should!
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#2166 » by spearsy23 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:59 pm

Atomic Punk wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Staying 400 feet from Cox Convention Center, should I go watch Ferg with the blue tonight?

Hell yes you should!

Bought tickets, hoping I can pay a bit more attention to the offense being ran, I'm always too excited when I'm at a thunder game.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Atomic Punk
Pro Prospect

Post#2167 » by Atomic Punk » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:04 am

spearsy23 wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:

Hell yes you should!

Bought tickets, hoping I can pay a bit more attention to the offense being ran, I'm always too excited when I'm at a thunder game.

Cool man. Please give us your scouting report later.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,167

Post#2168 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:05 am

Are g league games streamed online?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Atomic Punk
Pro Prospect

Post#2169 » by Atomic Punk » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:06 am

Knrstz wrote:Are g league games streamed online?

Yep, looks like the this game will be on Facebook live
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#2170 » by spearsy23 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:19 am

1st quaryer about over, Ferg has looked like he belonged here but Dakari is too good for these guys.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#2171 » by spearsy23 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:23 am

Dakari with 13 points in the first, he's just tossing guys out of his way. Too big and strong, his lack of foot speed has showed on defense though, fails to contest several pullups.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#2172 » by spearsy23 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:37 am

Ferguson hit a nice corner 3 off a pretty good find by Alford. Comes down next possession and gets stripped by Charles Cooke (who has outplayed him so far). He looks good running the floor though, spaces well and knows when to leak out without hurting the defense.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#2173 » by spearsy23 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:40 am

I hate Daniel Hamilton's game. Looks like he's just playing street ball. He isn't an NBA player.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#2174 » by spearsy23 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:20 am

Ferguson has looked bad. Like PJ Dozier looks better bad.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#2175 » by spearsy23 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:23 am

I don't even know who this Felix dude is but he's fun to watch. Looks like he is 5'7 and is hitting floaters and contesting shots like he's 6'3. No chance at the NBA but a fun player. Bryce Alford is awesome as well.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#2176 » by spearsy23 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:35 am

Ferg can still fly. Got up for a big transition dunk. Blue up 1 with 6:30 left
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#2177 » by spearsy23 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:41 am

Missed his 5th open 3 of the night, fouled, got a technical, fumbled the ball out of bounds. That's on consecutive possessions.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2178 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:53 am

spearsy23 wrote:Missed his 5th open 3 of the night, fouled, got a technical, fumbled the ball out of bounds. That's on consecutive possessions.

That’s disheartening.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#2179 » by spearsy23 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:14 am

Knrstz wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Missed his 5th open 3 of the night, fouled, got a technical, fumbled the ball out of bounds. That's on consecutive possessions.

That’s disheartening.

I like the kid, but this game was really rough on my outlook. It IS just one game, but it was rough.

The positive was how hard he competed defensively, and often looked like the only player on the court that understood proper rotations.

On the neutral side he blended in, wasn't looking to prove anything or show anyone he was special. I consider that a positive for a guy who won't be a star, he's a good team guy with a long way to go as a basketball player.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2180 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:18 am

spearsy23 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:

That’s disheartening.

I like the kid, but this game was really rough on my outlook. It IS just one game, but it was rough.

The positive was how hard he competed defensively, and often looked like the only player on the court that understood proper rotations.

On the neutral side he blended in, wasn't looking to prove anything or show anyone he was special. I consider that a positive for a guy who won't be a star, he's a good team guy with a long way to go as a basketball player.

I like him pretty well but I’m just getting tired of athletes who can’t shoot.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder