Race for "The Lottery 2018", give us our 1st back!

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Race for "The Lottery 2018", give us our 1st back! 

Post#21 » by bondom34 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:11 pm

Knrstz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:
Sabonis was an asset and obviously Oladipo was better than he played here.

People on this board were calling it a salary dump of a bad contract.

I think both Adams and Oadipo would have received less if Presti had waited until the summer to re-sign them. Regardless of their contract, Adams, Oladipo and Sabonis are all good players.

If we lose George then that leaves us with only one of the four players left on our team- Adams. Maybe Presti can pull another miracle out of his hat but the odds will be much tougher than before.

Nobody gave it as possibility last time. Getting your Russ is the hard part, giving him up just lines up for years of badness. Utah isn't trading gobert, LAC Blake, etc. You build around that guy once you have him and Presti has shown last year he can make things happen.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,059

Post#22 » by slick_watts » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:24 pm

the salary dump of oladipo (and kanter) is great, if the plan is to keep george and remain in contention. if that isn't or never was on the table then it's sort of a moot point. if the goal was to salary dump vic, then getting a year of paul george in return is phenomenal. but why are we dumping if we're not going to be constructive with the money freed up in 2018? losing george and melo picking up his option would be so ugly considering what was sacrificed.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,212

Post#23 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:30 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:People on this board were calling it a salary dump of a bad contract.

I think both Adams and Oadipo would have received less if Presti had waited until the summer to re-sign them. Regardless of their contract, Adams, Oladipo and Sabonis are all good players.

If we lose George then that leaves us with only one of the four players left on our team- Adams. Maybe Presti can pull another miracle out of his hat but the odds will be much tougher than before.

Nobody gave it as possibility last time. Getting your Russ is the hard part, giving him up just lines up for years of badness. Utah isn't trading gobert, LAC Blake, etc. You build around that guy once you have him and Presti has shown last year he can make things happen.

Gobert and Griffin are younger. Even with what Presti did, it still took over a year to get everything figured out. If that were to hold true this time, we would be looking at a 32 your old Russell Westbrook.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by bondom34 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:39 pm

Knrstz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:I think both Adams and Oadipo would have received less if Presti had waited until the summer to re-sign them. Regardless of their contract, Adams, Oladipo and Sabonis are all good players.

Gobert and Griffin are younger. Even with what Presti did, it still took over a year to get everything figured out. If that were to hold true this time, we would be looking at a 32 your old Russell Westbrook.

Thats kinda the boat they are in. And Russ isnt 32 for 4 more years. The other option is trade him and nobody is taking Melo so youre still stuck. Its just not happening, 28 teams cant tank.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:46 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Nobody gave it as possibility last time. Getting your Russ is the hard part, giving him up just lines up for years of badness. Utah isn't trading gobert, LAC Blake, etc. You build around that guy once you have him and Presti has shown last year he can make things happen.

Thats kinda the boat they are in. And Russ isnt 32 for 4 more years. The other option is trade him and nobody is taking Melo so youre still stuck. Its just not happening, 28 teams cant tank.

We’re both wrong. Russ is 29 and will be 30 next year and 31 by the time they have cap space if Melo opts out. No one is saying 28 teams are tanking. The discussion is how do you build around and older Russ with fewer trade pieces than before?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by bondom34 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:49 pm

Knrstz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:

We’re both wrong. Russ is 29 and will be 30 next year and 31 by the time they have cap space if Melo opts out. No one is saying 28 teams are tanking. The discussion is how do you build around and older Russ with fewer trade pieces than before?

I don't know butI do know if I asked in early June nobody would have called Vic and Domas as a trade piece worth anything. I truat Presti. And honestly theres a very minimal chance PG stays.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:02 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

I don't know butI do know if I asked in early June nobody would have called Vic and Domas as a trade piece worth anything. I truat Presti. And honestly theres a very minimal chance PG stays.

I think it’s less about trusting Presti and more about trusting russ’ game and health moving forward. For the record I think there is a much higher chance George stays than you do.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by bondom34 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:04 pm

Knrstz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:

I think it’s less about trusting Presti and more about trusting russ’ game and health moving forward. For the record I think there is a much higher chance George stays than you do.

I hope so but still doubt it. At this point realistically there's a near 0 chance Russ is ever traded. I think fans would riot
oken
Pro Prospect
And1: 429

Post#29 » by oken » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:26 am

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by bondom34 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:44 am

Give it a rest. I'm all for a good overreaction but its weird right now.
oken
Pro Prospect

Post#31 » by oken » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:31 am

There's not much going on in the OKC forum so #whynot
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by bondom34 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:27 am

Like every thread is active...
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:30 am

The injuries to Utah and the clippers have given us less wiggle room. Fortunately we held serve tonight.
oken
Pro Prospect

Post#34 » by oken » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:13 am

just BELIEVE!

hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,328

Post#35 » by hardenASG13 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:11 pm

Can we lock this incredibly stupid thread? Kinda looks like okc is built perfectly for the playoffs. There are over 60 games left to gel. If they peak heading into the playoffs, they are extremely dangerous. Talks of Russ' decline athletically and in general appear to be massively overblown. You gotta know better than that!
oken
Pro Prospect

Post#36 » by oken » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:13 pm

If this thread at least lit some fire under the players leading to today's win I will consider my mission as accomplished.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#37 » by spearsy23 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:13 am

Moved into the 8th seed, it'll be interesting to see if we just got up for a big game or if it's a springboard. Despite early season returns there's still big question marks about the bench.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:23 am

How strong is the years draft?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Post#39 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:29 am

Knrstz wrote:How strong is the years draft?

Very strong at the top. OKC will be the 7th or 8th seed and not have a pick. Then after 4-5 playoff games PG will leave and the team will be in the middle of the lottery next year. Starting your rebuild at the right time is one of the signs of a great GM. It is a shame that Presti is just a good GM and didn't know to start his rebuild this past off-season.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#40 » by spearsy23 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:29 am

Knrstz wrote:How strong is the years draft?

Not strong enough for pick 14 to be a difference maker.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder