Race for "The Lottery 2018", give us our 1st back!

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,209

Re: Race for "The Lottery 2018", give us our 1st back! 

Post#41 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:40 am

At worst I can’t see us dropping below eighth unless we have injuries. There are seven teams clearly better than us but it drops off pretty hard after that. Utah could get that spot if Gobert comes back soon.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#42 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:41 am

spearsy23 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:How strong is the years draft?

Not strong enough for pick 14 to be a difference maker.

I still have faith in Presti to draft well.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
oken
Pro Prospect
And1: 429

Post#43 » by oken » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:00 am

As we're back to our natural draft position after a fluke win let's check this week's prospect Jarren Jackson Jr. from Michigan State.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/2017/07/12/michigan-state-spartans-freshman-jaren-jackson/470713001/
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#44 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:59 pm

I like miles bridges.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Post#45 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:44 pm

Knrstz wrote:I like miles bridges.

I like him a lot. I just don't see any way OKC ends up with him unless they make moves to tank. I think he ends up going in the 4-6 range and I don't see how OKC can really end up in that range. If they were to somehow add the Brooklyn pick, i.e. PG and Felton to Cleveland for Smith, Frye, Zizc and the Brooklyn pick then maybe OKC has a chance at something fun on draft day. I'm just ready for a very painful stretch as Russ ages and the team misses the playoffs or is an easy first round exit the next few years without adding anything to significantly improve the roster.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:23 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Knrstz wrote:I like miles bridges.

I like him a lot. I just don't see any way OKC ends up with him unless they make moves to tank. I think he ends up going in the 4-6 range and I don't see how OKC can really end up in that range. If they were to somehow add the Brooklyn pick, i.e. PG and Felton to Cleveland for Smith, Frye, Zizc and the Brooklyn pick then maybe OKC has a chance at something fun on draft day. I'm just ready for a very painful stretch as Russ ages and the team misses the playoffs or is an easy first round exit the next few years without adding anything to significantly improve the roster.

At what point is the Brooklyn pick unattainable? Would Cleveland still trade it at the deadline? It might not be as high as initially thought since there are worse teams than Brooklyn. Kind of depends if russel comes back healthy this year.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:44 pm

Knrstz wrote:At what point is the Brooklyn pick unattainable? Would Cleveland still trade it at the deadline? It might not be as high as initially thought since there are worse teams than Brooklyn. Kind of depends if russel comes back healthy this year.

It really depends on how Cleveland feels about their chances this year and how much they think IT improves them. If they think IT, PG, Lebron, Love and TT is a starting 5 that can beat GS then I think they would be willing to move the pick. If they don't think they can get past GS then they don't move it.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:46 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Knrstz wrote:At what point is the Brooklyn pick unattainable? Would Cleveland still trade it at the deadline? It might not be as high as initially thought since there are worse teams than Brooklyn. Kind of depends if russel comes back healthy this year.

It really depends on how Cleveland feels about their chances this year and how much they think IT improves them. If they think IT, PG, Lebron, Love and TT is a starting 5 that can beat GS then I think they would be willing to move the pick. If they don't think they can get past GS then they don't move it.

If IT is close to being what he was last year then I think they should absolutely do that. George would help with their defense so much.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:51 pm

If the lakers get Lebron, what are the possibilities of us doing a sign and trade if George goes there. My understanding is the lakers would have enough cap space if the stretch Deng.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:54 pm

Knrstz wrote:If the lakers get Lebron, what are the possibilities of us doing a sign and trade if George goes there. My understanding is the lakers would have enough cap space if the stretch Deng.

The Lakers would like to do a S&T, but that would mean OKC takes Deng's contract. You are talking about something like Deng and Ingram along with a future first or two that would be late in the first. Is taking on Deng worth Ingram and a late first? If OKC is not in the tax then I think that could be considered. If OKC would still be in the tax I don't think it is realistic.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:24 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Knrstz wrote:If the lakers get Lebron, what are the possibilities of us doing a sign and trade if George goes there. My understanding is the lakers would have enough cap space if the stretch Deng.

The Lakers would like to do a S&T, but that would mean OKC takes Deng's contract. You are talking about something like Deng and Ingram along with a future first or two that would be late in the first. Is taking on Deng worth Ingram and a late first? If OKC is not in the tax then I think that could be considered. If OKC would still be in the tax I don't think it is realistic.

There is also the possibility that the sign and trade is done with Cleveland rather than OKC.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:22 pm

Knrstz wrote:There is also the possibility that the sign and trade is done with Cleveland rather than OKC.

You could also include Houston or Boston if we are talking about what is possible. If Boston knocked out Cleveland or Houston took GS to 7 games it would put them in the conversation. The Clippers are also possible with PG wanting to go to LA.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:28 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Knrstz wrote:There is also the possibility that the sign and trade is done with Cleveland rather than OKC.

You could also include Houston or Boston if we are talking about what is possible. If Boston knocked out Cleveland or Houston took GS to 7 games it would put them in the conversation. The Clippers are also possible with PG wanting to go to LA.

I’m referring to the situation of Lebron and pg both going to the lakers. The lakers could need to do a sign and trade and it would be between us and Cleveland.
oken
Pro Prospect
And1: 429

Post#54 » by oken » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:03 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:

I don't think Presti would like to do HOU another favor after the Harden debacle but with the current situation I would say go find anyone and do the trade. Problem with HOU is they are playing 8 guys 25+ minutes every game and aside from Nene I don't favor any of the remaining scrubs. And still a solid no to a Ryan Anderson trade.
ZemGOAT
Veteran
And1: 5,729

Post#55 » by ZemGOAT » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:27 pm

If they finally realize they cant win with Russ then I think the Thunder should push for Top 7 and get Sexton. They still have time to move PG and Russ.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:57 pm

ZemGOAT wrote:If they finally realize they cant win with Russ then I think the Thunder should push for Top 7 and get Sexton. They still have time to move PG and Russ.

They can’t trade Russ until the start of next year.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#57 » by bondom34 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:39 pm

ZemGOAT wrote:If they finally realize they cant win with Russ then I think the Thunder should push for Top 7 and get Sexton. They still have time to move PG and Russ.

I know you think he's not that good but this is laughable.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Re: RE: Re: Race for "The Lottery 2018", give us our 1st back! 

Post#58 » by Pillendreher » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:42 pm

bondom34 wrote:

Come on man. Those 2010 hot takes were about to expire. Can't miss this opportunity.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
ZemGOAT
Veteran
And1: 5,729

Post#59 » by ZemGOAT » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:30 pm

bondom34 wrote:

Russ is an extremely talented basketball player. I just don't think he uses his talents properly and seems to want to do things his way at all times whether right or wrong. I always thought Russ had the potential of being the best two way player in the NBA. To win you have to be willing to sacrifice something especially as a point guard for the better for your team. I don't think Russell gets that or ever will. Maybe one day he will it could be 2 years from now maybe even today but when that happens I think the sky's the limit for him and the team he is on.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#60 » by bondom34 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:44 pm

ZemGOAT wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

Russ is an extremely talented basketball player. I just don't think he uses his talents properly and seems to want to do things his way at all times whether right or wrong. I always thought Russ had the potential of being the best two way player in the NBA. To win you have to be willing to sacrifice something especially as a point guard for the better for your team. I don't think Russell gets that or ever will. Maybe one day he will it could be 2 years from now maybe even today but when that happens I think the sky's the limit for him and the team he is on.

Gotcha. So you basically zoned out from 2010 through 2017.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder