8%

Total votes: 13

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: 12/7 - POSTGAME | Oklahoma City Thunder (95) - (100) Brooklyn Nets 

Post#21 » by bondom34 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:19 am

Howsie wrote:Why is it just Donovan? Westbrook is shooting horribly this season, does it affect him at all? Nope, just keeps putting up bricks. He won’t move the ball, doesn’t play any defence.

Russ is playing poorly.

Donovan has always been a garbage coach.

I didn't even get to see this but saw Singler played and laughed. Yeah, he's gotta go.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#22 » by spearsy23 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:26 am

Thundershock88 wrote:
Howsie wrote:Why is it just Donovan? Westbrook is shooting horribly this season, does it affect him at all? Nope, just keeps putting up bricks. He won’t move the ball, doesn’t play any defence.

You're right, and its either on Donovan, or it's Westbrook. Either way, the leadership isnt there. A change has to be made. Do we trade Russ? Or do we move Donovan?

Westbrook's usage is down over 8 percent from last season, he's clearly making an effort to change. The problem is that we still can't score without him doing the Beastbrook thing, which I thought PG and Melo were supposed to help rectify, but Melo is basically Russ without the passing or rebounding, and George is the only guy who gets a set to create looks for him.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#23 » by spearsy23 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:29 am

Thundershock88 wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:I think there are close to as many roster issues as coaching issues.

D'Antoni would kill it with this roster. The talent is there on paper. Donovan can't handle these dudes. It's clear this team doesn't respect him.

No he wouldn't, Roberson would be useless and Melo would refuse to stand out in the corner where he belongs. Grant/Felton/Abrines would still be bad players, and whatever other wing we throw out would still be D-league caliber. It would clearly be a better team, but still not anywhere near the upper tier.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by bondom34 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:35 am

Just keeping this here for storage, use as reference for later post game threads.

MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#25 » by spearsy23 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:39 am

Also, I'm not really sure what Russ could do tonight. The wing rotation was Abrines/Roberson/Ferguson/Singler, that's close to the most worthless group you could find, especially on offense. Then Melo was clanking everything, and Russ tried to get Steven going but he started throwing up horrible shots. He even willingly gave the ball up down the stretch (when we should've went to p&r), and Melo threw up even worse Ish than Russ had been.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#26 » by spearsy23 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:42 am

Abrines is completely incapable of getting his own shot, even off the ball. He's basically a spot up shooter only, since he gets no separation off screens and has no first step.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,105

Post#27 » by ozwizard8 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:28 am

Thundershock88 wrote:Either these dudes arent listening to Billy, or he's not running a legit system. Either way, someone has to go. This team has leadership issues.

Either way its on Donovan.

Good coaches get those wins.
We get 15 point lead in first quarter.
**** rotations. Donovan needs to go.

Sometimes changing system/coach affects too much. Look at Knicks. They got rid of triangle and suddenly they get much better. Now they use KP's offensive threat better.
Thunder sucks at offense. Too many players shooting low percentage shots means there is offensive system problem.

Also Andre Robertson is OVERRATED defender and abysmal player on offense.
He would get 10-15 mpg on a tanking team if Presti didnt give him that contract.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by bondom34 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:31 am

And I know they're a better team but man Rockets fans are some salty salty people. Just cant accept Harden wasn't as good until this year. I cant believe I'll be cheering for GSW over them but here I am.
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#29 » by NaturalThunder » Fri Dec 8, 2017 8:56 am

Have a chance to get to .500 and we blow a 15 point lead to a bleeping G-League roster.

I hate this team.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#30 » by Pillendreher » Fri Dec 8, 2017 9:28 am

Just for once I want to come away from a game and don't feel like the opposing team/coach is making more out of less.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#31 » by Pillendreher » Fri Dec 8, 2017 9:32 am

24 games played and we are 20th in ORtG/A.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by bondom34 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 9:42 am

Read on Twitter
Thundershock88
Starter
And1: 2,234

Post#33 » by Thundershock88 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 12:55 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

It just gets better and better.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,049

Post#34 » by slick_watts » Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:18 pm

bondom34 wrote:And I know they're a better team but man Rockets fans are some salty salty people. Just cant accept Harden wasn't as good until this year. I cant believe I'll be cheering for GSW over them but here I am.

after having it rammed down their throats last year despite a superior team, they're entitled to some braggadocio. james harden is blowing westbrook away this year. i'm sure thunder fans would be restrained and civil if the situation was reversed.

i dunno why anyone could be surprised with this loss. was it much different than our win against the spurs g-league team? westbrook looks like he might be done.
sleestak33
Junior
And1: 150

Post#35 » by sleestak33 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:38 pm

This looked like a pickup game at the local YMCA. 5-20 for Carmelo and 10-27 for Russ and there's your game. If you love isolation basketball with no offensive system whatsoever and a bizarre, nonsensical rotation and subbing of players throughout the game this is the team for you. If Donovan isn't on the hotseat then I don't know what would get him there.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,201

Post#36 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:41 pm

sleestak33 wrote:This looked like a pickup game at the local YMCA. 5-20 for Carmelo and 10-27 for Russ and there's your game. If you love isolation basketball with no offensive system whatsoever and a bizarre, nonsensical rotation and subbing of players throughout the game this is the team for you. If Donovan isn't on the hotseat then I don't know what would get him there.

I think the only thing that gets dononvan on the hot seat is if Presti is also on the hot seat. He’s owed a lot of money and I can’t imagine ownership will spend even more just to get rid of him.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#37 » by Old Man Game » Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:44 pm

We suck.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#38 » by Old Man Game » Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:49 pm

So so sad to see Kyle sub in. You knew Billdoh wouldn't be able to resist giving him extended minutes once he'd touched the floor.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: 12/7 - POSTGAME | Oklahoma City Thunder (95) - (100) Brooklyn Nets 

Post#39 » by Pillendreher » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:10 pm

slick_watts wrote:
bondom34 wrote:And I know they're a better team but man Rockets fans are some salty salty people. Just cant accept Harden wasn't as good until this year. I cant believe I'll be cheering for GSW over them but here I am.

after having it rammed down their throats last year despite a superior team, they're entitled to some braggadocio. james harden is blowing westbrook away this year. i'm sure thunder fans would be restrained and civil if the situation was reversed.

i dunno why anyone could be surprised with this loss. was it much different than our win against the spurs g-league team? westbrook looks like he might be done.

People are trying to rewrite history by using current events. Russ being trash so far does not take anything away from what he has done in the past. It just enables haters to let their hottakes fly.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by bondom34 » Fri Dec 8, 2017 2:30 pm

slick_watts wrote:

I don't know what was rAmmed down their throats considering every time hi name is brought up there is a swarm OF them to start rambling memes off.

But not really surprised and couldn't even watch the loss.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder