Alex Abrines | 14 PTS (5-8 FG, 4-6 3P)
16%
Russell Westbrook | 10 PTS (3-16 FG), 17 REB, 12 AST
3%
Jerami Grant | 9 PTS (3-6 FG), 6 REB, 3 BLK
No votes
Josh Huestis | 5 PTS (2-3 FG, 1-2 3P)
3%
Patrick Patterson | 8 PTS (2-4 FG, 2-3 3P)
10%
Other (specify below)
No votes

Total votes: 31

hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,328

Re: 12/13 - POSTGAME | Oklahoma City Thunder (100) - (95) Indiana Pacers 

Post#21 » by hardenASG13 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 am

Okcs starts shot awful, and still got the W.

A few things

Russ could legit average 15 apg if he wanted too....might be best for this year's team.

Adams was a man child tonight, needs to stay active on the boards.

Kill me, I like the version of OKC where all the guys on the perimeter can shoot. That's the only way they hit their ceiling, the stars shoot well tonight and they hang 120. Defense was fine.

Melo should be coming off the bench

Since many were so fast and happy to jump on 1 bad defensive quarter vs. Charlotte, where they hit numerous lucky shots.....held the pacers 14 points under their average, without Roberson. They are fine without him defensively, if they give effort like tonight. That's what defense is mostly, effort. You don't need to feature an all D no O WING heavy minutes. Guys just have to try and be accountable. Great win, more coming.
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#22 » by Grits n Gravy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:43 am

How did Steven Adams get credited with 0 steals? I only watched the second half but I thought I saw him get 3-4 in the 2nd half alone not including the bogus kick ball?
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#23 » by Pillendreher » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:26 am

I'm officially ready to entertain Patterson starting and Melo coming off the bench with Russ-George-Melo-Patterson-Adams being a lineup we should explore.

Something needs to be done about our offense. Abrines starting isn't doing **** for the rest of the guys.

I think we need a real 4. At least give it a try.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Thundershock88
Starter
And1: 2,234

Post#24 » by Thundershock88 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:08 am

Pillendreher wrote:I'm officially ready to entertain Patterson starting and Melo coming off the bench with Russ-George-Melo-Patterson-Adams being a lineup we should explore.

Something needs to be done about our offense. Abrines starting isn't doing **** for the rest of the guys.

Abrines is a big reason we won.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#25 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:21 am

hardenASG13 wrote:Okcs starts shot awful, and still got the W.

A few things

Russ could legit average 15 apg if he wanted too....might be best for this year's team.

Kill me, I like the version of OKC where all the guys on the perimeter can shoot. That's the only way they hit their ceiling, the stars shoot well tonight and they hang 120. Defense was fine.

Since many were so fast and happy to jump on 1 bad defensive quarter vs. Charlotte, where they hit numerous lucky shots.....held the pacers 14 points under their average, without Roberson. They are fine without him defensively, if they give effort like tonight. That's what defense is mostly, effort. You don't need to feature an all D no O WING heavy minutes. Guys just have to try and be accountable. Great win, more coming.

"without Robertson".
That means better defense in my book.

PG and Huestis are better defenders.
Whenever people says Robertson cant shoot they also say he's good on D though. His offensive issues brings praises on his defense.
People really think he's like B.Bowen, T.Allen like lockdown guy. He isnt.
Robertson let star players do what they want on many occasions.
PG-Huestis makes much more impactful defensive moves. Blocks, steals, taking charge.

Huestis should start instead of Robertson. Huestis needs to polish his game little bit but he can only do it with playing time.

Melo cant jump at this point. He is liability on defense. And offense he simply not good enough to compansate his defensive woes.
I'd say bench him but Donovan doesnt have balls to do it. So reduce his minutes. Give him a day off sometimes.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: 12/13 - POSTGAME | Oklahoma City Thunder (100) - (95) Indiana Pacers 

Post#26 » by Pillendreher » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:34 am

Thundershock88 wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:I'm officially ready to entertain Patterson starting and Melo coming off the bench with Russ-George-Melo-Patterson-Adams being a lineup we should explore.

No, he's not. He made some shots, yet he was invisible offensively most of the time and as always a liability defensively.

We won because of Adams and the bench.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
thekaoswithin
Junior
And1: 240

Re: RE: Re: 12/13 - POSTGAME | Oklahoma City Thunder (100) - (95) Indiana Pacers 

Post#27 » by thekaoswithin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:39 am

Pillendreher wrote:
Thundershock88 wrote:

No, he's not. He made some shots, yet he was invisible offensively most of the time and as always a liability defensively.

We won because of Adams and the bench.

Abrines hit some big shots that kept us ahead in a close game.

I do agree with you though. His defence is nowhere near where it needs to be to thrive as a starter. Indiana attacked him a lot in the 4th quarter and were very successful.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#28 » by Pillendreher » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:47 am

ozwizard8 wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:Okcs starts shot awful, and still got the W.

A few things

"without Robertson".
That means better defense in my book.

PG and Huestis are better defenders.
Whenever people says Robertson cant shoot they also say he's good on D though. His offensive issues brings praises on his defense.
People really think he's like B.Bowen, T.Allen like lockdown guy. He isnt.
Robertson let star players do what they want on many occasions.
PG-Huestis makes much more impactful defensive moves. Blocks, steals, taking charge.

Huestis should start instead of Robertson. Huestis needs to polish his game little bit but he can only do it with playing time.

Melo cant jump at this point. He is liability on defense. And offense he simply not good enough to compansate his defensive woes.
I'd say bench him but Donovan doesnt have balls to do it. So reduce his minutes. Give him a day off sometimes.

Roberson is a better defender than Tony Allen ever was.
Mick75
Freshman
And1: 45

Post#29 » by Mick75 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:03 am

Yeah but he is talking about Robertson. That's a different story.
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#30 » by hardenASG13 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:13 pm

If they bench melo, which they should, starters should be
Russ/george/huestis/grant or patterson/adams.
Sorry, Roberson fans, his defense would be quickly forgotten with that 5.
Bench would be strong too.
Felton/abrines/melo/patterson or grant/Johnson (hopefully could upgrade him with a buyout guy...he rarely has to play anyway). Leaves Roberson to play spot minutes here and there, as well as Ferguson. Team is fine defensively, while featuring playmakers and shooters everywhere all night long. This team is loaded defensively if they are accountable. If they are going to peak they need 5 competent offensive guys at all times.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#31 » by Pillendreher » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:58 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:Russ/george/huestis/grant or patterson/adams.

Comparing Huestis and Grant to Robes defensively is like saying Monta Ellis is close to prime Wade offensively.
sleestak33
Junior
And1: 150

Post#32 » by sleestak33 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:01 pm

This game shows the importance of scoring and having an actual scoring threat at the shooting guard position. No way in hell they win this game with Roberson out there. The 14 points Abrines had were the difference in the game and even though the big3 were ineffective (10-45 shooting...ack!) the spacing was much better and the offense had a much better chance to succeed. Part of the reason Adams was so effective is Abrines has to be guarded at all times which opens the lane up. If Roberson played in this game his defender would have stood right by the paint all game and would have eliminated many of the plays Adams made. On top of that they held the pacers to 95 points without our supposed defensive stopper so the defense didn't suffer one bit. That's one ugly win but they dang sure will take it. It's hard to believe they can win a game with those 3 guys shooting the ball like that.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#33 » by Pillendreher » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:18 pm

sleestak33 wrote:This game shows the importance of scoring and having an actual scoring threat at the shooting guard position. No way in hell they win this game with Roberson out there. The 14 points Abrines had were the difference in the game and even though the big3 were ineffective (10-45 shooting...ack!) the spacing was much better and the offense had a much better chance to succeed. Part of the reason Adams was so effective is Abrines has to be guarded at all times which opens the lane up. If Roberson played in this game his defender would have stood right by the paint all game and would have eliminated many of the plays Adams made. On top of that they held the pacers to 95 points without our supposed defensive stopper so the defense didn't suffer one bit. That's one ugly win but they dang sure will take it. It's hard to believe they can win a game with those 3 guys shooting the ball like that.

Bruh at least watch the game. Nobody was guarding Abrines. His defender was still camped in the lane.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#34 » by dakomish23 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:24 pm

Coach at the end of the game

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#35 » by dakomish23 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:31 pm

I thought Abrines played well offensively. He hit open 3’s. That’s what he’s supposed to do.

Maybe he just fits in better with starters than the bench? He’s going to get better looks with the starters b/c of the defensive attention the other guys get. If they’re not going to make Melo come off the bench, then they should try the Bogans with Abrines as the first sub.

Bench unit also had a different energy to them.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
thekaoswithin
Junior
And1: 240

Post#36 » by thekaoswithin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:24 pm

If Patterson stays improved, I think there is real value to sliding everyone down a spot and benching Robes. We can play Robes / Melo at the 4 depending on matchups
CROklahoma
Junior
And1: 130

Post#37 » by CROklahoma » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:44 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
sleestak33 wrote:This game shows the importance of scoring and having an actual scoring threat at the shooting guard position. No way in hell they win this game with Roberson out there. The 14 points Abrines had were the difference in the game and even though the big3 were ineffective (10-45 shooting...ack!) the spacing was much better and the offense had a much better chance to succeed. Part of the reason Adams was so effective is Abrines has to be guarded at all times which opens the lane up. If Roberson played in this game his defender would have stood right by the paint all game and would have eliminated many of the plays Adams made. On top of that they held the pacers to 95 points without our supposed defensive stopper so the defense didn't suffer one bit. That's one ugly win but they dang sure will take it. It's hard to believe they can win a game with those 3 guys shooting the ball like that.

Bruh at least watch the game. Nobody was guarding Abrines. His defender was still camped in the lane.

What is your point ?
If you didnt realize watching the whole game that Abrines was a big reason we won the game, you can continue to lament your stuff about basketball all you want without anybody actually respecting nonargumented talk. If you think your amount of posts should amuse other people you are wrong

He was hitting wide open shots Roberson would airball. What is so hard in understanding that ?

Adams had the space to do stuff in the paint cause opponent SGs couldnt camp the paint.

Roberson wasnt needed in this game, George manhandled biggest scoring threat in Oladipo, and having All D no O player guarding Bogdanovic and others wasnt needed. So your point Abrines was huge liability on D also fails, he kept his feet straight with slashing from Indy and contested really well. Again, your argumentation fails.

Roberson is a great asset to us when we need an Defensive boost, this game was a prime example where Abrines needs to play majority of minutes.
Period.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#38 » by spearsy23 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:57 pm

If someone is saying to start huestis I'm pretty much ignoring their opinion about all things basketball related.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#39 » by hardenASG13 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:12 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:Russ/george/huestis/grant or patterson/adams.

Comparing Huestis and Grant to Robes defensively is like saying Monta Ellis is close to prime Wade offensively.

Your missing the point. I'm comparing the units. Defense is played as a unit. The unit I suggest would be still be very good defensively. Roberson wouldn't be missed. This team needs to get in transition and shoot 3s.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 12/13 - POSTGAME | Oklahoma City Thunder (100) - (95) Indiana Pacers 

Post#40 » by Pillendreher » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:27 pm

CROklahoma wrote:What is your point ?

That there's no additional spacing provided by more shooting at SG.

CROklahoma wrote:If you didnt realize watching the whole game that Abrines was a big reason we won the game, you can continue to lament your stuff about basketball all you want without anybody actually respecting nonargumented talk. If you think your amount of posts should amuse other people you are wrong

Damn! I didn't know I was living in your head rent-free.

At least these other two fools are somewhat amusing. You trying to pick some kind of fight with me is sad tho.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder