--- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- ---
Image | NBA.com | Image | Thunder.com | Image | ESPN.com/NBA
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Re: 2/6 - 9:30PM CST | G55: Oklahoma City Thunder at Golden State Warriors 

Post#2 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Feb 5, 2018 2:17 am

I’ll be dvr’ing this one and going to bed early. This team isn’t worth staying up late for anymore.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,221

Post#3 » by Funcrusher » Mon Feb 5, 2018 2:19 am

gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#4 » by bondom34 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 2:24 am

Just checked. They still may miss the playoffs
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Post#5 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Feb 5, 2018 2:37 am

bondom34 wrote:Just checked. They still may miss the playoffs

Even if we got Kawhi Leonard, how long would it take take this team to integrate him, 3 months?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by bondom34 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 2:53 am

Knrstz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Just checked. They still may miss the playoffs

Even if we got Kawhi Leonard, how long would it take take this team to integrate him, 3 months?

True.

Granted it just removes like 5 games of stress.

The mad scientist will be sure anyone new is uncomfortable I'm sure
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#7 » by Pillendreher » Mon Feb 5, 2018 9:03 am

Initially I wanted to get up at 4:30 am and watch this live, but I might just get a good night's sleep and watch the slaughter after breakfast.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#8 » by Pillendreher » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:02 pm

One has to wonder if getting blown of the floor could be a good thing in the long run. Maybe it forces the team to address some issues they've been avoiding. Donovan talking about Melo playing the 3 more and finding Patterson more minutes points towards there being some sort of idiology behind the Patterson situation. As if Donovan thought that Melo should never play the 3 and therefore Patterson could never play the 4 with the best players on the floor.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#9 » by RalphSampsonJr » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:22 pm

Pillendreher wrote:One has to wonder if getting blown of the floor could be a good thing in the long run. Maybe it forces the team to address some issues they've been avoiding. Donovan talking about Melo playing the 3 more and finding Patterson more minutes points towards there being some sort of idiology behind the Patterson situation. As if Donovan thought that Melo should never play the 3 and therefore Patterson could never play the 4 with the best players on the floor.

i want Patterson to play more but not if it means Melo is to play the 3.
We are already struggling to run teams off the 3pt line and this will become even worse with old Melo chasing wings around.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#10 » by Pillendreher » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:29 pm

RalphSampsonJr wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:One has to wonder if getting blown of the floor could be a good thing in the long run. Maybe it forces the team to address some issues they've been avoiding. Donovan talking about Melo playing the 3 more and finding Patterson more minutes points towards there being some sort of idiology behind the Patterson situation. As if Donovan thought that Melo should never play the 3 and therefore Patterson could never play the 4 with the best players on the floor.

We are already struggling to run teams off the 3pt line and this will become even worse with old Melo chasing wings around.

Melo should not be a full time 3. But is he playable as a 3 in certain situations? Absolutely. You don't think you can play Melo vs opposing bench units at the 3 or sporadically with the starters? And hell, if he's not contributing that much, don't play him that much. When Melo doesn't make shots, he's useless.
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#11 » by RalphSampsonJr » Mon Feb 5, 2018 2:11 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:

Melo should not be a full time 3. But is he playable as a 3 in certain situations? Absolutely. You don't think you can play Melo vs opposing bench units at the 3 or sporadically with the starters? And hell, if he's not contributing that much, don't play him that much. When Melo doesn't make shots, he's useless.

Yea but this is what scares me about Billly, I feel like hes just gonna go Russ PG Melo PatPatty Adams now.
In my mind Melo shouldnt play more than 20 minutes unless hes got his shot going. I feel like Billy is too much of a pushover to make such a change and will just shift everyone down a position and play them the same amount of minutes.

Melo plays like he has sandbags for shoes. he will get exposed quickly on the wing. He is getting exposed now at the 4. just imagine him trying to guard KD out there?!
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#12 » by NetsWorld » Mon Feb 5, 2018 4:00 pm

I think you guys are getting a little too over reactionary. The Thunder have had an up and down season highlighted by chemistry integration plus Roberson going down and dealing with that emotionally. At this point, it's maintaining a playoff seed and keeping it competitive. If they do that and somehow find someone to help somewhat with the loss of Roberson, I think they will be OK. I am hoping for at least 48 wins on the season.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#13 » by Pillendreher » Mon Feb 5, 2018 7:00 pm

Read on Twitter

Donovan's feeling the pressure.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#14 » by spearsy23 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 7:21 pm

RalphSampsonJr wrote:

Part of the reason we are struggling to stop threes is because Melo refuses to step up into rotations. Having a back line that actually cuts down driving lines will make sickouts tougher. Plus Melo usually just stands by his man so at least that guy won't be shooting a three.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by bondom34 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 7:21 pm

Well gonna be 5 Bill D'oh. Maybe you can beat LA on Thursday genius.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,123

Post#16 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Feb 6, 2018 1:04 pm

If he's changing our starting 5, my bet is that he will start Grant over Fergusson. He saw Grant playing well against GS last time and he wants some length. At least it will give more playing time for Patterson with the second unit.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by bondom34 » Tue Feb 6, 2018 6:58 pm

Gonna pretend there's no game tonight and wake up tomorrow like it never happened I hope :D.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#18 » by ducler » Tue Feb 6, 2018 9:49 pm

anthony00
Analyst
And1: 1,514

Post#19 » by anthony00 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 12:33 am

lets get this dub
Thundershock88
Starter
And1: 2,234

Post#20 » by Thundershock88 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 12:37 am

Well, we play to our competition. Think we will be competitive but ultimately fall apart in the 3rd.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder