2017-2018 OKC Thunder Regular Season Thread Part Deux: Follow the Melo Brick Road

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Thabo Sefolosha
Thunder Forum The Opening Tip
And1: 6,543

Re: 2017-2018 OKC Thunder Regular Season Thread Part Deux: Follow the Melo Brick Road 

Post#821 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:11 pm

wco81 wrote:Didn't have such a great game today but Sabonis looks like a long-term keeper.

wrong team board
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Re: 2017-2018 OKC Thunder Regular Season Thread Part Deux: Follow the Melo Brick Road 

Post#822 » by spearsy23 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:08 pm

TBH I'm kinda ready for the rebuild, feeling down about losses has been tiring.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,211

Post#823 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:17 pm

spearsy23 wrote:TBH I'm kinda ready for the rebuild, feeling down about losses has been tiring.

Where I find myself torn is that if George stays, we still have another year of melo.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#824 » by bondom34 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:28 pm

I list know Russ isn't getting traded no matter. I don't see a rebuild happening
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#825 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:58 pm

bondom34 wrote:I list know Russ isn't getting traded no matter. I don't see a rebuild happening

If George leaves do you think russ wants to play out his career with this roster?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#826 » by bondom34 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Knrstz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I list know Russ isn't getting traded no matter. I don't see a rebuild happening

If George leaves do you think russ wants to play out his career with this roster?

I actually kinda do. Not necessarily to compete but realistically I don't see a team who has need and value to trade. And its not really up to Russ. Its up to Presti.

My guess is if George leaves its a few seasons of mediocrity til Russ totally falls off the map which depends on his health. If they rebuild I would embrace it but at this point I don't see it. Plus the new lotto incentives reduce benefits of losing more.

Just cheering for wins and hoping George stays. Otherwise its possibly gonna be a long few seasons.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,059

Post#827 » by slick_watts » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:06 pm

if george leaves the first thing ownership should do is fire sam presti.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#828 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:07 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:

I actually kinda do. Not necessarily to compete but realistically I don't see a team who has need and value to trade. And its not really up to Russ. Its up to Presti.

My guess is if George leaves its a few seasons of mediocrity til Russ totally falls off the map which depends on his health. If they rebuild I would embrace it but at this point I don't see it. Plus the new lotto incentives reduce benefits of losing more.

Just cheering for wins and hoping George stays. Otherwise its possibly gonna be a long few seasons.

That would be a big indictment on russ since he’s said he wants to win a championship. Yes it’s prestis decision but if he wants to win and George leaves, he should request a trade.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#829 » by bondom34 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:10 pm

Knrstz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:If George leaves do you think russ wants to play out his career with this roster?

That would be a big indictment on russ since he’s said he wants to win a championship. Yes it’s prestis decision but if he wants to win and George leaves, he should request a trade.

I just don't see a way Presti does it. Or a team that has a need, fit, and value. Its the same with any top tier PG.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#830 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:18 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I actually kinda do. Not necessarily to compete but realistically I don't see a team who has need and value to trade. And its not really up to Russ. Its up to Presti.

I just don't see a way Presti does it. Or a team that has a need, fit, and value. Its the same with any top tier PG.

I think it would have to be mutual between russ and the organization. If there was a taker for griffin then someone will want russ even if the return isnt great. There is always a GM that is desperate to win now to save his job.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#831 » by bondom34 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:25 pm

Knrstz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:That would be a big indictment on russ since he’s said he wants to win a championship. Yes it’s prestis decision but if he wants to win and George leaves, he should request a trade.

I think it would have to be mutual between russ and the organization. If there was a taker for griffin then someone will want russ even if the return isnt great. There is always a GM that is desperate to win now to save his job.

True.

But I don't see what LA did as a rebuild. They got some meh picks and guys who'll keep them competitive.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#832 » by spearsy23 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:01 pm

Knrstz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:That would be a big indictment on russ since he’s said he wants to win a championship. Yes it’s prestis decision but if he wants to win and George leaves, he should request a trade.

San Antonio for Murray, Mills, and Pau plus picks. Not exciting, but probably in line with what you actually get. Maybe mke for Parker, maker and pick if you're lucky.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Post#833 » by Kizz Fastfists » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:27 pm

spearsy23 wrote:San Antonio for Murray, Mills, and Pau plus picks. Not exciting, but probably in line with what you actually get. Maybe mke for Parker, maker and pick if you're lucky.

I think you could send Russ to Memphis for their pick this year, top 5, McLemore and other assets from Conley going to a 3rd team. A similar return to what Kyrie got. The problem is last off-season was the perfect time to move Russ with Boston having a load of assets and a PG need. I believe they would have given more for Russ then they gave for Kyrie. So you would have gotten IT, the Brooklyn pick, Crowder and more and then you could have turned Crowder and IT into more picks and/or young players.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Rocketsbaby
Sixth Man
And1: 1,114

Post#834 » by Rocketsbaby » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:57 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:San Antonio for Murray, Mills, and Pau plus picks. Not exciting, but probably in line with what you actually get. Maybe mke for Parker, maker and pick if you're lucky.

I think you could send Russ to Memphis for their pick this year, top 5, McLemore and other assets from Conley going to a 3rd team. A similar return to what Kyrie got. The problem is last off-season was the perfect time to move Russ with Boston having a load of assets and a PG need. I believe they would have given more for Russ then they gave for Kyrie. So you would have gotten IT, the Brooklyn pick, Crowder and more and then you could have turned Crowder and IT into more picks and/or young players.

Are you forgetting that IT's career is over, Crowder sucked this year, and that pick ended up not being very good? That would have been a laughable return for Westbrook.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Post#835 » by Kizz Fastfists » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:01 am

Rocketsbaby wrote:Are you forgetting that IT's career is over, Crowder sucked this year, and that pick ended up not being very good? That would have been a laughable return for Westbrook.

At the time Crowder, with his cheap contract, had very good trade value and he still does. It also had good trade value and his career is far from over, although he isn't getting a max contract this off-season like he thought he was going to get. We have no idea what that pick is other then it is going to be 1-3 or 8-11. The pick will yield a very solid prospect and has a chance to be #1. Russ isn't doing anything for OKC other then keeping them chasing first round playoff exits so a return like that would have been a much better alternative to going deep into the tax on a one year "run". Also, without Russ and flipping IT and Crowder to other places for more picks means OKC would have been a bottom 5 team this year and would be in good position to have two top 10 picks with an outside chance at the top 2 picks in the draft.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,425

Post#836 » by Revived » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:33 am

Rocketsbaby wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

Are you forgetting that IT's career is over, Crowder sucked this year, and that pick ended up not being very good? That would have been a laughable return for Westbrook.

Are you joking? It's a top 8 pick in a loaded draft.
Rocketsbaby
Sixth Man

Post#837 » by Rocketsbaby » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:47 pm

Revived wrote:
Rocketsbaby wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

Lol. The consensus (and correct) opinion is that the Cavs got crushed in that trade. And that was just for Kyrie who is clearly not nearly as good as Wesbrook. And isn't playing.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,425

Post#838 » by Revived » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Rocketsbaby wrote:
Revived wrote:
Rocketsbaby wrote:

Lol. The consensus (and correct) opinion is that the Cavs got crushed in that trade. And that was just for Kyrie who is clearly not nearly as good as Wesbrook. And isn't playing.

No it’s not. Everyone knew IT and Crowder were bonuses and that the trade was basically BKY pick for Kyrie as Dan Gilbert coveted the pick so much as he wanted a top 10 pick.

Kyrie is injured goods who his own GM has said will be dealing with knee issues his whole career.

They gave up a potential very nice prospect in Mikal Bridges, Trae Young etc for that.

It’s a very good trade from CLE prospective.
Rocketsbaby
Sixth Man

Post#839 » by Rocketsbaby » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:20 am

Revived wrote:
Rocketsbaby wrote:
Revived wrote:Are you joking? It's a top 8 pick in a loaded draft.

No it’s not. Everyone knew IT and Crowder were bonuses and that the trade was basically BKY pick for Kyrie as Dan Gilbert coveted the pick so much as he wanted a top 10 pick.

Kyrie is injured goods who his own GM has said will be dealing with knee issues his whole career.

They gave up a potential very nice prospect in Mikal Bridges, Trae Young etc for that.

It’s a very good trade from CLE prospective.

Kyrie is a top 50-75 player in this league. Crowder sucked this year. IT is a total washout. That pick was expected to be top 5 and very probably top 3 and it's now worth dramatically less.

Those guys are mediocre prospects at best who may never even develop into ROTATION players in this league.

LOL at giving up Westbrook who is inarguably a top 15-20 player in the entire NBA for a late lotto pick. You've lost it
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#840 » by RalphSampsonJr » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:53 am

Does a team even want to invest in Russ though?

I dont think a team like the Spurs would go near him.
Dude just seems too unwilling to change his style of play.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder