2018 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Osirus89
Starter
And1: 2,016

Re: 2018 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#61 » by Osirus89 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:41 am

I kinda like Moritz Wagner from Michigan. He looks like he has game. I'll be looking if his stock rises after the tourney.

Alkins and Diallo seem like the kind of guys that Presti would go after although Ferg and Diallo kinda overlap.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,202

Post#62 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:29 am

Andre Roberstan wrote:Count me in as very interested in Alkins, though it's been a minute since I've read up on draft boards. He looked like a useful player when I was reading up on/watching film of him last year.

I don’t watch much basketball. What makes him a potentially good pick? What kind of player is he comparable to?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#63 » by Andre Roberstan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:12 pm

Knrstz wrote:
Andre Roberstan wrote:Count me in as very interested in Alkins, though it's been a minute since I've read up on draft boards. He looked like a useful player when I was reading up on/watching film of him last year.

I don’t watch much basketball. What makes him a potentially good pick? What kind of player is he comparable to?

Someone said Lance Stephenson recently—I'm not sure if that's true or not. I read up on him a bunch last year but don't really recall. Will dig back in.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#64 » by Dn4sty » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:10 am

Andre Roberstan wrote:
Knrstz wrote:

Someone said Lance Stephenson recently—I'm not sure if that's true or not. I read up on him a bunch last year but don't really recall. Will dig back in.

Alkins = Dion maybe
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:08 am

bondom34 wrote:Likely not declaring, at least I don't see how, but my guy Josh Reaves had 19/11 and led Penn State in a comeback in the NIT. Good defender and shot is coming along a bit.

https://fansided.com/2018/02/05/breaking-down-josh-reaves-skill-set/

https://www.landof10.com/penn-state/tony-carr-nba-draft-decision-penn-state-basketball-stats-bio

What do you think about this guy?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:19 am

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2018/2/14/17011172/rawle-alkins-nba-draft-projections-mock-deandre-ayton-allonzo-trier-arizona-wildcats-first-round

Maybe a late bloomer because of the foot injury? Even if he’s an early second rounder, it’s going to be tricky to get up that high. Those picks likely aren’t for sale.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#67 » by Dn4sty » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:25 am

Knrstz wrote:https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2018/2/14/17011172/rawle-alkins-nba-draft-projections-mock-deandre-ayton-allonzo-trier-arizona-wildcats-first-round

Maybe a late bloomer because of the foot injury? Even if he’s an early second rounder, it’s going to be tricky to get up that high. Those picks likely aren’t for sale.

The Bulls sold pick 38 last draft
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:31 am

Dn4sty wrote:
Knrstz wrote:https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2018/2/14/17011172/rawle-alkins-nba-draft-projections-mock-deandre-ayton-allonzo-trier-arizona-wildcats-first-round

The Bulls sold pick 38 last draft

True. I’m still irritated we didn’t buy a second round pick.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#69 » by bondom34 » Tue Apr 3, 2018 3:42 am

Knrstz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Likely not declaring, at least I don't see how, but my guy Josh Reaves had 19/11 and led Penn State in a comeback in the NIT. Good defender and shot is coming along a bit.

https://www.landof10.com/penn-state/tony-carr-nba-draft-decision-penn-state-basketball-stats-bio

More talented and younger than Reaves but I was shocked, don't even know if Tony gets drafted. He really really improved this year but needed another IMO. He started the year as a score first and overshoot PG, then started to pass more as the year went on Passable defender but not great. If they take him in the 50s its OK.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by bondom34 » Tue Apr 3, 2018 3:42 am

Knrstz wrote:

Edited...

More talented and younger than Reaves but I was shocked, he's probably a 2nd rounder. He really really improved this year but needed another IMO. He started the year as a score first and overshoot PG, then started to pass more as the year went on Passable defender but not great. If they take him in the 50s its OK. Doesn't fill a need really.

Guy on the draft board had him at 27 I think so what do I know. I was and am irrationally high on Reaves next year as a 3 and D guy right now though. Really bummed Tony declared. Didn't think he was ready. If they're just looking for a talent he certainly has it, and showed he learns well this year. I'd love a Nittany Lion on the team so I'd be pumped just for that lol.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by bondom34 » Tue Apr 3, 2018 3:52 pm

https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/Article/Three-NBA-front-office-members-assess-Tony-Carrs-pro-prospects-116924842/Amp

Found this too. Scouts saying late 1st to mid 2nd. Some seem higher on him than me, maybe I'm just not used to seeing guys develop for half a year and suddenly be NBA players. Scoring PG type who's adequate defensively. So I would guess 2nd round personally.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#72 » by Dn4sty » Tue Apr 3, 2018 4:13 pm

I’ll take

Donte DiVincenzo after last night.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by bondom34 » Sat Apr 7, 2018 6:55 am

Knox or Gilgeous- Alexander may be on the board at 14. I think I like Knox a little more, would be a good fit too
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Apr 7, 2018 12:02 pm

bondom34 wrote:Knox or Gilgeous- Alexander may be on the board at 14. I think I like Knox a little more, would be a good fit too

Knox had the most unimpressive highlight videos I’ve ever seen. It was literally him drawing fouls and shooting free throws. I know that doesn’t mean much. I like what I’ve seen and read about SGA.

Edit- I didn’t realize he was that young.

"Kevin came in as one of the youngest freshmen in the country and adapted as well as any player I have ever coached," Kentucky coach John Calipari said in a statement. "He improved in every area of his game, became an efficient scorer like some of the best players I've coached here and could score all types of ways, including runners, pull-ups, 3-pointers, post-ups and in pick-and-roll offense. His defense and rebounding improved throughout the year, which is a big reason why we were able to go on a run at the end of the season."
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Apr 7, 2018 12:05 pm

In like Mikal Bridges but I don’t see us taking him if the ping pong balls go our way and he’ll be gone by fourteen. Troy Smith is a guy I really like what I’ve seen but he doesn’t fit the typical thunder pick.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Apr 8, 2018 3:20 am

Looks like we’re back in the Rawle Alkins, second round sweepstakes
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#77 » by Old Man Game » Mon Apr 9, 2018 1:05 pm

How are you all keeping up with the draft? I used to love draft watching, but once Draft Express was shuttered and the talent there moved behind ESPN's paywall I haven't been able to keep up with it.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,049

Post#78 » by slick_watts » Mon Apr 9, 2018 1:27 pm

Old Man Game wrote:How are you all keeping up with the draft? I used to love draft watching, but once Draft Express was shuttered and the talent there moved behind ESPN's paywall I haven't been able to keep up with it.

i was super disappointed that jonathan givony sold out to espn. he had said in the past he wouldn't. but he did. i guess you can't blame him on one hand. he's just a chad ford clone now.

i never pay attention to college ball, and i'd binge on clips and stuff before draft time to get caught up. now as you say a lot of that content is gone or more difficult to access.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#79 » by Old Man Game » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:13 pm

slick_watts wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:How are you all keeping up with the draft? I used to love draft watching, but once Draft Express was shuttered and the talent there moved behind ESPN's paywall I haven't been able to keep up with it.

i was super disappointed that jonathan givony sold out to espn. he had said in the past he wouldn't. but he did. i guess you can't blame him on one hand. he's just a chad ford clone now.

i never pay attention to college ball, and i'd binge on clips and stuff before draft time to get caught up. now as you say a lot of that content is gone or more difficult to access.

And to make matters worse, he's been really sanctimonious on twitter at times chiding people complaining about the paywall. Which, given his age, I'd say there's a 100% chance he used napster, limewire, or a torrent at some point to "steal" someone else's intellectual property.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:17 pm

Osirus89 wrote:I kinda like Moritz Wagner from Michigan. He looks like he has game. I'll be looking if his stock rises after the tourney.

Alkins and Diallo seem like the kind of guys that Presti would go after although Ferg and Diallo kinda overlap.

Wagner is being projected anymore from a late first round to around 48th by espn.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23169381/michigan-wolverines-junior-moe-wagner-enters-nba-draft-sign-agent

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder