NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Re: 3/30 - 7PM CST | G76: Denver Nuggets at Oklahoma City Thunder 

Post#41 » by NaturalThunder » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:47 am

anthony00 wrote:
NaturalThunder wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:
They are 8-9 in games decided by 3pts or less this year. They are 22-11 for 10 pts or less.

Ok, I knew we started the year off something like 0-7 in close games.

The recent close losses to the Celtics, Blazers, Spurs, and now Nuggets (all playoff teams and/or teams above .500) makes it feel like we're back to our early season struggles in close games.

Regardless, I stand by this:

F**k. This. Team.

Home game at the most pivotal point of the season against an inferior team, playing for a shot at HCA in the 1st round of the playoffs, and we can't close it out in the final minute of regulation with a three point lead and go on to lose in OT.

Again, f**k this team.

you done with your tantrum ? :lol: :lol:

Go ahead. Paint me a pretty picture on this crap team and crap season. You can't. No one can.

But I'd love to see you try and explain to me how there's anything worth being optimistic about when it comes to the Thunder.

We absolutely had to go 1-1 in this back-to-back. We had every opportunity and then some to go 2-0, instead we're 0-2 and 1st round series (and sweep) against the Rockets or Warriors seems inevitable.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
Thundershock88
Starter
And1: 2,234

Post#42 » by Thundershock88 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:47 am

Anyone gonna blow sunshine up our asses and pretend we are okay?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Post#43 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:48 am

anthony00 wrote:and here comes all the depression in 3,2,1.........................

Blame the fans for the players performance. Seems fair.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#44 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:48 am

NaturalThunder wrote:Home game at the most pivotal point of the season against an inferior team, playing for a shot at HCA in the 1st round of the playoffs, and we can't close it out in the final minute of regulation with a three point lead and go on to lose in OT.

Are you sure they are an inferior team? OKC is 1-3 against Denver.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
anthony00
Analyst
And1: 1,514

Post#45 » by anthony00 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:49 am

Knrstz wrote:
anthony00 wrote:and here comes all the depression in 3,2,1.........................

life isn't fair
anthony00
Analyst

Post#46 » by anthony00 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:49 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
NaturalThunder wrote:Home game at the most pivotal point of the season against an inferior team, playing for a shot at HCA in the 1st round of the playoffs, and we can't close it out in the final minute of regulation with a three point lead and go on to lose in OT.

Are you sure they are an inferior team? OKC is 1-3 against Denver.

100%
anthony00
Analyst

Post#47 » by anthony00 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:49 am

Thundershock88 wrote:Anyone gonna blow sunshine up our asses and pretend we are okay?

thats my job :D :D
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:50 am

Thundershock88 wrote:Anyone gonna blow sunshine up our asses and pretend we are okay?

It’s amazing the breaks this team gets. New Orleans blew a lead to Cleveland tonight. It will probably be another loss consequence in the standings.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
anthony00
Analyst

Post#49 » by anthony00 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:50 am

NaturalThunder wrote:
anthony00 wrote:
NaturalThunder wrote:Ok, I knew we started the year off something like 0-7 in close games.

The recent close losses to the Celtics, Blazers, Spurs, and now Nuggets (all playoff teams and/or teams above .500) makes it feel like we're back to our early season struggles in close games.

Regardless, I stand by this:

F**k. This. Team.

Home game at the most pivotal point of the season against an inferior team, playing for a shot at HCA in the 1st round of the playoffs, and we can't close it out in the final minute of regulation with a three point lead and go on to lose in OT.

Again, f**k this team.

you done with your tantrum ? :lol: :lol:

Go ahead. Paint me a pretty picture on this crap team and crap season. You can't. No one can.

But I'd love to see you try and explain to me how there's anything worth being optimistic about when it comes to the Thunder.

We absolutely had to go 1-1 in this back-to-back. We had every opportunity and then some to go 2-0, instead we're 0-2 and 1st round series (and sweep) against the Rockets or Warriors seems inevitable.

billy might get fired :D :D
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#50 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:51 am

They could get lucky and have a lottery pick that ends up top 3 and get a franchise player to pair with Ferguson and Adams as the next generation of Thunder basketball emerges over the next few years.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:51 am

anthony00 wrote:
Knrstz wrote:

life isn't fair

That doesn’t make the fans frustration with the team wrong or unjustified.
NaturalThunder
General Manager

Post#52 » by NaturalThunder » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:52 am

Guess Russ' pull-up three pointers in a close, winnable game last night that resulted in a loss didn't deter him from displaying the same dumba**ery tonight.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:56 am

Me right now: “Paul George is a tad overrated and although I hope he stays, I’ll be ok if he moves on.”
Me next year: “wow Paul George really is a star. It’s a shame we didn’t figure out a way to maximize his talent.”
Thundershock88
Starter

Post#54 » by Thundershock88 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:57 am

Knrstz wrote:Me right now: “Paul George is a tad overrated and although I hope he stays, I’ll be ok if he moves on.”
Me next year: “wow Paul George really is a star. It’s a shame we didn’t figure out a way to maximize his talent.”

Yep. Already fooled us with Oladipo.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#55 » by bondom34 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:59 am

People really gotta stop being upset.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Thundershock88
Starter

Post#56 » by Thundershock88 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:00 am

NaturalThunder wrote:Guess Russ' pull-up three pointers in a close, winnable game last night that resulted in a loss didn't deter him from displaying the same dumba**ery tonight.

What's funny is, we drew that up after a timeout.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:07 am

bondom34 wrote:People really gotta stop being upset.

Only thing I’m upset with is the pelicans loss and the fact the clippers play Portland. If we’re going to make a run at a draft pick, it would be nice if our efforts were rewarded.
NaturalThunder
General Manager

Post#58 » by NaturalThunder » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:42 am

Thundershock88 wrote:
NaturalThunder wrote:Guess Russ' pull-up three pointers in a close, winnable game last night that resulted in a loss didn't deter him from displaying the same dumba**ery tonight.

We didn't draw up s**t. Or, if Donovan did actually draw up something worth a damn, Russ did typical stupid late-game-Russ crap and ignored it to try and play hero.

I love Russ. He'll forever be my favorite NBA player...ever. However, he's still highly frustrating and, regardless of whatever light you try to paint him in, his extreme level of confidence has a tendency to rear its ugly head in the form of incredibly stupid play in late, close games.
anthony00
Analyst

Post#59 » by anthony00 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:45 am

NaturalThunder wrote:
Thundershock88 wrote:

We didn't draw up s**t. Or, if Donovan did actually draw up something worth a damn, Russ did typical stupid late-game-Russ crap and ignored it to try and play hero.

I love Russ. He'll forever be my favorite NBA player...ever. However, he's still highly frustrating and, regardless of whatever light you try to paint him in, his extreme level of confidence has a tendency to rear its ugly head in the form of incredibly stupid play in late, close games.
kobe
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#60 » by bondom34 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:48 am

Knrstz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:People really gotta stop being upset.

Only thing I’m upset with is the pelicans loss and the fact the clippers play Portland. If we’re going to make a run at a draft pick, it would be nice if our efforts were rewarded.

I don't even care about the pick. I kinda just want the season over. This team is miserable, I've enjoyed watching non Thunder games so much more this year.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder