Total votes: 18

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: 4/3 - POSTGAME | Golden State Warriors (111) - (107) Oklahoma City Thunder 

Post#81 » by bondom34 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 6:38 pm

That's a negative.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,026

Post#82 » by slick_watts » Wed Apr 4, 2018 6:43 pm

bondom34 wrote:Alright not falling for it. I'd use the ignore feature but apparently you can't do that even to retired mods.

ignore me if you want but don't call me illogical or paint my opinions as some kind of elaborate sham and then scuttle away like a milquetoast. anyone in the thunder blogosphere can attest to my feelings on westbrook being consistent over the years.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#83 » by bondom34 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 6:45 pm

That they are. Doesn't make them logical
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#84 » by slick_watts » Wed Apr 4, 2018 6:51 pm

bondom34 wrote:That they are. Doesn't make them logical

your rationale for my thoughts being illogical was Because calling for top down change isn't Westbrook. Its Presti and Donovan..

westbrook not only encompasses a portion of the "top-down", but it's not like i've been an ardent supporter of presti or donovan either?

You have no actual proof he controls anything -- no, i don't. but i mark those as my opinions and my thoughts on westbrook and his position and privileges as the star isn't illogical. what's illogical about it? i might be wrong about that part. but it's not illogical.

then you gave a criticism i made about relying on physical traits... and i don't understand how that criticism supports your claim that i'm illogical?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#85 » by bondom34 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 6:54 pm

Ok then
anthony00
Analyst
And1: 1,514

Post#86 » by anthony00 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 9:09 pm

Thabo Sefolosha wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
anthony00 wrote:ehh i just like harden tbh

Yeah...nah.

out out out of this board anthony

i'm good
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#87 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Apr 5, 2018 12:06 am

slick_watts wrote:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

as a leader, how can you expect consistent accountability on the defensive end from your teammates when you yourself demonstrate this kind of glaring lack of focus?

Of all the negative tendencies russ has, this is the one I just cannot overlook. A bad turnover or shot is at least the result of attempting to make a play. This is the exact opposite of that. I don’t think it absolves George and Melo of their responsibility to hit open shots. I just want to wipe the slate clean with this team. There are so many issues that things can’t simply be tweaked.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Apr 6, 2018 1:20 am

Golden state gets smoked by Indiana. That’s a good indicator how how poor this team is playing
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,163

Post#89 » by Revived » Fri Apr 6, 2018 6:44 am

Knrstz wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I think that's the disappointing part beyond the season. The losses are whatever now, I expect them. But I don't see a realistic change for the better this summer. If I had to guess PG out, Melo and Donovan stay and a lack of draft pick means no real improvement next year.

Forget about no real improvement. We won’t sniff the playoffs next year

I think getting Roberson back will be a real improvement, we saw how differently they played with him in the lineup.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#90 » by bondom34 » Fri Apr 6, 2018 6:47 am

Hm, looks likely they miss now w/ the tiebreakers. Don't see winning 2 of 3. Draft time
oken
Pro Prospect
And1: 429

Post#91 » by oken » Fri Apr 6, 2018 7:29 am

Knrstz wrote:
Osirus89 wrote:
anthony00 wrote:he needs to be in LA

Goodbye and God Bless.

I’m starting to agree but what hurts is the guys we gave up wanted to be in okc. :noway:

maybe not shiny as our "superstars" but at least they put max. effort every night. How I long for those days.
IND vs GSW
Oladipo 21pts, 6rbd, 7 ast, 3 stl
Domas 13pts, 9rbd, 2 ast, 1stl, 1blk
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#92 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Apr 6, 2018 9:33 am

bondom34 wrote:Hm, looks likely they miss now w/ the tiebreakers. Don't see winning 2 of 3. Draft time

The most thunder thing ever would be to dominate Houston’s starters, then lose to Miami and Memphis but still back our way in to the playoffs. Therefore we would simultaneously lose all hope and consonlation prizes. Thunder up.
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,158

Post#93 » by M2J » Fri Apr 6, 2018 9:46 am

Knrstz wrote:
slick_watts wrote:
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

as a leader, how can you expect consistent accountability on the defensive end from your teammates when you yourself demonstrate this kind of glaring lack of focus?

Of all the negative tendencies russ has, this is the one I just cannot overlook. A bad turnover or shot is at least the result of attempting to make a play. This is the exact opposite of that. I don’t think it absolves George and Melo of their responsibility to hit open shots. I just want to wipe the slate clean with this team. There are so many issues that things can’t simply be tweaked.

Agreed. But Russ has to take responsibility for this team IMO along with Donovan.

PG and Carmelo made the change to play a supporting role. Earlier in the season when they were all taking equal shots and scoring the same, they were all lost and had no flow. They took the approach of having Russell play his game and everyone play complimentary roles to fit in for him. Melo, Brewer and PG aren't exactly Klay, KD, Harden, Gordon level shooters. Keeping up with the Joneses as advanced stats would suggest maybe isn't best for everyone. I think the formula for this team is more like the Spurs or better yet... The Heatles of Miami. After the first season, they completely deferred to LeBron, but leaned on their defense, scored in transition and played pace and space basketball with movement. This team just has to get better shots. Three's off of knuckle balls from Westbrook as bailouts isn't cutting it.

The MVP pg & coach needed to figure this out. It's time that they find a way for Russell to be effective off ball as guys with shooting struggles like Bron, Wade, Parker have for championship teams. Of course, it would also help to play as a team down the stretch, instead of being Russell time. He's not a skilled enough scorer to do that consistently. He can't even take care of the ball.

Donovan needs to create situations where the team that is struggling to score consistently puts all 4 of their weapons in action that results in their best opportunities.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#94 » by spearsy23 » Sat Apr 7, 2018 2:20 pm

Why are we discussing Westbrook after a game where he was basically the only shining light? Because of some airballs? I would think Slick, who doesn't believe in clutch time, would agree that shots at the end of the game do not take on greater significance.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by slick_watts » Sat Apr 7, 2018 2:57 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Why are we discussing Westbrook after a game where he was basically the only shining light? Because of some airballs? I would think Slick, who doesn't believe in clutch time, would agree that shots at the end of the game do not take on greater significance.

my discussion of westbrook is a meta-discussion.

shots at the end of a game do not take on greater significance, however (and i'm open to being proven wrong here, did not do research) it seems that westbrook's shot selection and distribution change in these situations. how often is westbrook taking an inbounds pass and launching a pull-up 3 > 50% of the time? the only situation is in 'the clutch'. 'the clutch' changes westbrook's shot selection and frequency. and unfortunately does little to change his defensive focus.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder