Other (specify below)
No votes

Total votes: 18

sleestak33
Junior
And1: 150

Re: 4/3 - POSTGAME | Golden State Warriors (111) - (107) Oklahoma City Thunder 

Post#41 » by sleestak33 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 10:40 am

Adams getting 6 shots in 33 minutes is an absolute joke and you need look no further as to why OKC lost this game than that one stat. He could have easily scored 25-30 if they just fed him the ball all game but PG and Carmelo are so intent on jacking up 3s and their perimeter shots that they just won't seem to do it. The Warriors have nobody who can guard him whatsoever but he can't do anything without the ball. I'm astounded at the low basketball IQ that this team displays in many games. I guess layups and dunks by your big man just aren't any good anymore.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,060

Post#42 » by slick_watts » Wed Apr 4, 2018 11:54 am

sleestak33 wrote: The team is clearly better with Brewer out there

starters with andre roberson outscored opponents by 14.2 points per 100 possessions. starters with corey brewer are outscoring opponents by 2.8 points per 100 possessions.

so aside from the thunder scoring way more points than the opponent when andre roberson is in the game, can you explain in what other important ways the thunder are 'clearly better' with brewer out there?

even the offense with the andre roberson starters performed better.

you have lost all credibility, sleestak.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,223

Post#43 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Apr 4, 2018 12:48 pm

slick_watts wrote:
sleestak33 wrote: The team is clearly better with Brewer out there

starters with andre roberson outscored opponents by 14.2 points per 100 possessions. starters with corey brewer are outscoring opponents by 2.8 points per 100 possessions.

so aside from the thunder scoring way more points than the opponent when andre roberson is in the game, can you explain in what other important ways the thunder are 'clearly better' with brewer out there?

even the offense with the andre roberson starters performed better.

you have lost all credibility, sleestak.

Despite an explanatory name,I don’t think he understands points per 100 possessions.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,328

Post#44 » by hardenASG13 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 12:51 pm

Well, if Paul George and melo keep shooting like that, you guys will be right....they have no chance. Here's to hoping they dont. Would also be nice if George could do a crossover without fumbling or completely losing the ball. At least "baron" Westbrook :lol: looks like he's about to go nuts in the playoffs, if the others come along to play.
CROklahoma
Junior
And1: 130

Post#45 » by CROklahoma » Wed Apr 4, 2018 2:11 pm

Can someone corespond to me, and argue why didnt Donovan ride with Abrines instead of Brewer, when it was clear Abrines did a well job being a presence on both ends of the floor.

I saw Brewer doing bad things on Thompson, gambling too much trying to get steals and giving him wide open jumpshots ...

Mindblowing decisions by our coaching staff ...

Also, tiping my hat off to MR RW for being THE GUY today, unfortunately, parts of our "big3" disappeared as usual ...
alessandrux
Starter
And1: 2,239

Post#46 » by alessandrux » Wed Apr 4, 2018 2:27 pm

Maybe I've missed it, but is Steven Adams injured?

Some weeks(?) ago he tweaked his ankle and for me he looks a bit more immobile than before.
Also is something wrong with his hand/wrist? His shooting seems off and in the past he often has had some shooting troubles which where intertweaved with hand injuries.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,211

Post#47 » by bondom34 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 2:29 pm

He may well be nicked up. They literally don't have a backup for him.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#48 » by dakomish23 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 3:19 pm

NOP has a good shot to close out the season with 5 straight wins. They have MEM / PHO, then GSW LAC SAS who’s futures could be settled by the time they play them.

DEN is somehow pulling these games out and is on a 3 game winning streak. MIN LAC POR MIN. There’s a chance POR & MIN have nothing to play for at the end & they can take out MIN LAC in the first two.

OKC just really killed themselves by not closing at least two of these close games out.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by slick_watts » Wed Apr 4, 2018 3:23 pm

Gfycat Video - Click to Play

as a leader, how can you expect consistent accountability on the defensive end from your teammates when you yourself demonstrate this kind of glaring lack of focus?
hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,328

Post#50 » by hardenASG13 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 3:23 pm

CROklahoma wrote:Can someone corespond to me, and argue why didnt Donovan ride with Abrines instead of Brewer, when it was clear Abrines did a well job being a presence on both ends of the floor.

I saw Brewer doing bad things on Thompson, gambling too much trying to get steals and giving him wide open jumpshots ...

Mindblowing decisions by our coaching staff ...

Also, tiping my hat off to MR RW for being THE GUY today, unfortunately, parts of our "big3" disappeared as usual ...

Yea makes no sense, they don't ride hot hands. It's like they predetermine their rotation before a game, and stick to it, no matter what. If they are a first round out, presti and Donovan have to go.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by bondom34 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 3:35 pm

I think that's the disappointing part beyond the season. The losses are whatever now, I expect them. But I don't see a realistic change for the better this summer. If I had to guess PG out, Melo and Donovan stay and a lack of draft pick means no real improvement next year.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by slick_watts » Wed Apr 4, 2018 3:38 pm

bondom34 wrote:I think that's the disappointing part beyond the season. The losses are whatever now, I expect them. But I don't see a realistic change for the better this summer. If I had to guess PG out, Melo and Donovan stay and a lack of draft pick means no real improvement next year.

at last.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by bondom34 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 3:38 pm

slick_watts wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I think that's the disappointing part beyond the season. The losses are whatever now, I expect them. But I don't see a realistic change for the better this summer. If I had to guess PG out, Melo and Donovan stay and a lack of draft pick means no real improvement next year.

at last.

I don't know what you're talking about.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by slick_watts » Wed Apr 4, 2018 3:42 pm

bondom34 wrote:
slick_watts wrote:

at last.

embrace the coming fall.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by bondom34 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 3:44 pm

slick_watts wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
slick_watts wrote:
at last.

embrace the coming fall.

I know its happening and have for a month or 2 now.

But not looking forward to years of purgatory.

Also lol Jalen Rose saying PG needs to handle the ball more to.be a better shooter.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by slick_watts » Wed Apr 4, 2018 3:47 pm

bondom34 wrote:But not looking forward to years of purgatory.

"without struggle there can be no progress", abraham lincoln

it's time to drain the swamp.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by bondom34 » Wed Apr 4, 2018 3:50 pm

slick_watts wrote:
bondom34 wrote:But not looking forward to years of purgatory.

"without struggle there can be no progress", abraham lincoln

it's time to drain the swamp.

Its very likely not happening. Next year is literally this team minus George. Thats my bet.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#58 » by Pillendreher » Wed Apr 4, 2018 4:02 pm

Drain the swamp seems to be a good approach. I don't even care all that much anymore and that is saying something since I've spent hours fuming over this team.
Given how empty the arena looks this season, I guess the local fans don't care either.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by slick_watts » Wed Apr 4, 2018 4:07 pm

Pillendreher wrote:Drain the swamp seems to be a good approach. I don't even care all that much anymore and that is saying something since I've spent hours fuming over this team.
Given how empty the arena looks this season, I guess the local fans don't care either.

sometimes things just get stale. this regime has been here awhile without winning anything. i'm not saying sam presti is bad or even that we could hire someone better than him. but it's simply time to move on and take another path. hit reset. it's going to suck for awhile, especially since they've wasted valuable assets fruitlessly trying to contend this season, but it's the right thing to do.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,223

Post#60 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Apr 4, 2018 4:38 pm

slick_watts wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:Drain the swamp seems to be a good approach. I don't even care all that much anymore and that is saying something since I've spent hours fuming over this team.

sometimes things just get stale. this regime has been here awhile without winning anything. i'm not saying sam presti is bad or even that we could hire someone better than him. but it's simply time to move on and take another path. hit reset. it's going to suck for awhile, especially since they've wasted valuable assets fruitlessly trying to contend this season, but it's the right thing to do.

Stale is the best word in the English language to describe this team
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder