My Off season strategy.

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,498

Re: My Off season strategy. 

Post#21 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Apr 7, 2018 10:59 pm

RalphSampsonJr wrote:is this what its come to for some of you? trading Russ?! im upset as the next guy about how this season has gone but jesus

I've been there since cupcake left. Some have come around to the view recently. Some want to hold on to Russ and enjoy the show for however long his knees hold up no matter the record or how bad the team gets.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#22 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Apr 7, 2018 11:03 pm

Knrstz wrote:I’ve wondered about something similar to what Indiana did with George. Suppose Denver misses the playoffs, could you get a package with their draft pick and Jamal Murray plus salary?

Murray, Lyles, Lydon and their first, even if they make the playoffs, 2nd round picks they own from the Clippers and GS, 2019 2nd from Milwaukee and 2020 1st would definitely get me interested.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#23 » by bondom34 » Sat Apr 7, 2018 11:15 pm

I just don't see Presti trading Russ. I'd cheer for him wherever he went.

This team is cooked.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#24 » by Dn4sty » Sat Apr 7, 2018 11:15 pm

I think the only acceptable packages for Russ would center around

Murray
DSJ
Kemba/Monk

Even then I’m not sure I’d actually do it.

All of this would assume they don’t make the playoffs.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Apr 7, 2018 11:29 pm

Dn4sty wrote:All of this would assume they don’t make the playoffs.

Why? If they make the playoffs and PG leaves is that any different then if they miss the playoffs and PG leaves?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#26 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Apr 7, 2018 11:29 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Knrstz wrote:I’ve wondered about something similar to what Indiana did with George. Suppose Denver misses the playoffs, could you get a package with their draft pick and Jamal Murray plus salary?

Murray, Lyles, Lydon and their first, even if they make the playoffs, 2nd round picks they own from the Clippers and GS, 2019 2nd from Milwaukee and 2020 1st would definitely get me interested.

I don’t think there’s a chance Denver would do that. I could see best case scenario being Murray, draft pick and millsap for salary matching. Even the offer I mentioned would get killed on the draft board.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Apr 8, 2018 12:00 am

bondom34 wrote:I just don't see Presti trading Russ. I'd cheer for him wherever he went.

This team is cooked.

Probably not but there isn’t much else going on in the way of interesting discussion on this board.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#28 » by dakomish23 » Sun Apr 8, 2018 3:34 am

What is available to them if everyone comes back?

Taxpayer MLE? Would they do that & add to to the bill?

Joe Harris would be a nice upgrade on Abrines but he might command more.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#29 » by bondom34 » Sun Apr 8, 2018 3:43 am

Just so PG doesn't go to the Lakers. Philly would be fine. Lakers fans are so bleeping entitled.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Apr 8, 2018 3:59 am

Garrett temple would be an ideal mle candidate if he opts out. If George returns, what about moving 2022 future first for a josh Richardson,/Caris LeVert type player? Anyone think Patterson isn’t in the longterm plans? Even if Dre gets back to 100%, how long will it take him to get there after he returns?
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#31 » by Dn4sty » Sun Apr 8, 2018 4:03 am

Knrstz wrote:Garrett temple would be an ideal mle candidate if he opts out. If George returns, what about moving 2022 future first for a josh Richardson,/Caris LeVert type player? Anyone think Patterson isn’t in the longterm plans? Even if Dre gets back to 100%, how long will it take him to get there after he returns?

I’d love Richardson or Levert. Levert would be way cheaper though.

I really want Patterson to be in the longterm plans, but I’m not sure I see it for him and OKC

I think getting Levert and Dinwiddie is very possible even with the limited number of assets OKC has.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Apr 8, 2018 4:09 am

Dn4sty wrote:
Knrstz wrote:Garrett temple would be an ideal mle candidate if he opts out. If George returns, what about moving 2022 future first for a josh Richardson,/Caris LeVert type player? Anyone think Patterson isn’t in the longterm plans? Even if Dre gets back to 100%, how long will it take him to get there after he returns?

I really want Patterson to be in the longterm plans, but I’m not sure I see it for him and OKC

I think getting Levert and Dinwiddie is very possible even with the limited number of assets OKC has.

Unless Miami gets a big free agent this offseason, at some point Riley will realize he’s stuck with lots of roleplayers and might be willing to move someone like Richardson for a frp. Hield could be another nice option.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#33 » by Dn4sty » Sun Apr 8, 2018 4:11 am

Knrstz wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:

Unless Miami gets a big free agent this offseason, at some point Riley will realize he’s stuck with lots of roleplayers and might be willing to move someone like Richardson for a frp. Hield could be another nice option.

Hield would be great, but Vivek called him the next Steph, so ’m not sure he’d give up on him so soon after.
jambalaya
Sixth Man
And1: 286

Post#34 » by jambalaya » Sun Apr 8, 2018 5:59 am

Anthony, Abrines, Ferguson, Johnson (and more if necessary) for D Carroll and A Crabbe. Gets Nets out of Crabbe's option year. Gets them younger, generally. Anthony goes out a Net to tweak Knicks ownership and draw casual Knick fans. Aids tanking. Fills Thunder holes. Probably won't help in the end but it creates hope or less depression. Sustained water treading, the "new" sustainability.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Apr 8, 2018 11:43 am

Dn4sty wrote:
Knrstz wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:

Hield would be great, but Vivek called him the next Steph, so ’m not sure he’d give up on him so soon after.

I’m not quite as convinced like guys like Hield and Levert aren’t untouchable despite what Vivek says or the fact that the Brooklyn fanbase seems convinced Levert will be an allstar. The reality is both guys have not cracked the starting lineup and have been inconsistent. They will be playing for a new contract next year so that makes them potentially more tradeable and they fit okc’s timeline with Melo coming off the books after next year. We have to be willing to move a future first round pick or Ferguson to get them.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Apr 8, 2018 7:42 pm

If Melo and George return and ownership wants to cut salary, Adams is the odd man out. Is there any way to move Adams, save money and not be a worse team?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Apr 8, 2018 8:09 pm

I dont know if this makes us better, but its interesting if nothing else. The money doesn’t work for the bucks, but it isn’t far off. Them maybe look at moving Other players for a starting center, like RoLo. Thoughts?
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycp4q5yq
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#38 » by Dn4sty » Sun Apr 8, 2018 8:50 pm

Knrstz wrote:I dont know if this makes us better, but its interesting if nothing else. The money doesn’t work for the bucks, but it isn’t far off. Them maybe look at moving Other players for a starting center, like RoLo. Thoughts?

I don’t exactly hate it, but I wonder how much it would hurt OKCs defense

I really think a deal like this is more than possible

Nets get
Abrines, 2022 1st (with protections), both 2nds in 2018
OKC gets Dinwiddie, Levert

I think this solves so much for OKC, especially if Roberson can return to his previous form
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Apr 8, 2018 9:00 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
Knrstz wrote:I dont know if this makes us better, but its interesting if nothing else. The money doesn’t work for the bucks, but it isn’t far off. Them maybe look at moving Other players for a starting center, like RoLo. Thoughts?

Nets get

I think this solves so much for OKC, especially if Roberson can return to his previous form

Your trade is better but I think we would have to likely include Ferguson in that deal.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#40 » by Dn4sty » Sun Apr 8, 2018 9:13 pm

Knrstz wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:

Nets get

Your trade is better but I think we would have to likely include Ferguson in that deal.

I think it would be dependent on what protections were on the pick.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder