Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,125

Re: Westbrook team rebuild 

Post#41 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:54 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
QPR wrote:If Melo opted out would he even get a contract anywhere? I don't see what he offers a contender or a developing roster at this point.

That's probably why he won't opt out but I have a follow up question to your question. I'm a knick and Melo fan but couldn't really watch him in OKC much. Obviously it didn't work out as planned.

In NY his critics felt he obviously had the talent but was selfish, evil, and a whole slew of other issues dealing with his character. But again, he was talented. Was that the issue in OKC or is he just plain washed up? This isn't bait, I really wanna know from OKC fans perspective.

Have to be fair. Melo wasn't selfish this year. He's just an old bad player.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#42 » by spearsy23 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:38 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
QPR wrote:If Melo opted out would he even get a contract anywhere? I don't see what he offers a contender or a developing roster at this point.

That's probably why he won't opt out but I have a follow up question to your question. I'm a knick and Melo fan but couldn't really watch him in OKC much. Obviously it didn't work out as planned.

In NY his critics felt he obviously had the talent but was selfish, evil, and a whole slew of other issues dealing with his character. But again, he was talented. Was that the issue in OKC or is he just plain washed up? This isn't bait, I really wanna know from OKC fans perspective.

Refusing to come off the bench was selfish. He sacrificed (?) Shot attempts, but he still wouldn't do what was best for the team.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,125

Post#43 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:25 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:

Refusing to come off the bench was selfish. He sacrificed (?) Shot attempts, but he still wouldn't do what was best for the team.

We don't know if Billy Donovan asked him to come of the bench.

Obviously he has still the superstar attitude but him being selfish was the bottom of the problems he caused to our team.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#44 » by Balkman32 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Melo sacrificed some times but not most. The fact that he can't get to the rim anymore makes him a usless player especially since he is lost on defense at all times.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by Balkman32 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:50 pm

Thunder Up wrote:Kanter going to opt out, sign for the vet minimum in OKC

Something I have thrown around is him signing a 3 year deal at the mid-level with a full no-trade clause. This way he gets to come back to OKC on a good deal and the Thunder cant move him becasue of the discount he signed at.

It should be an interesting off season especailly with sports gambling becomming allowable at a federal level.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#46 » by Jstock12 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:22 pm

Balkman32 wrote:Melo sacrificed some times but not most. The fact that he can't get to the rim anymore makes him a usless player especially since he is lost on defense at all times.

Wouldn't that make him a rich man's Steve Novak, but with a massive contract?
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by Balkman32 » Thu May 24, 2018 12:49 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:Melo sacrificed some times but not most. The fact that he can't get to the rim anymore makes him a usless player especially since he is lost on defense at all times.

Wouldn't that make him a rich man's Steve Novak, but with a massive contract?

I think Novak hit the 3 at a much higher rate...
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by Balkman32 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:17 pm

How is Damian Lillard on the all NBA first team but not Westbrook?
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by Balkman32 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:17 pm

How is Damian Lillard on the all NBA first team but not Westbrook?

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder