Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Re: 2018 Offseason Thread 

Post#661 » by getrichordie » Mon May 21, 2018 7:41 pm

Knrstz wrote:
slick_watts wrote:
getrichordie wrote:Literally almost every GM has had multiple point guards who fit that description. That’s what happens when your superstar plays heavy minutes and makes a ton of money.

name one pg in a team's rotation in 2016-17 that was as bad or worse than semaj.

hint: you won't be able to. sam's failure with semaj wasn't just drafting him, but keeping him on the roster.

Norris Cole?

Alternatively, name a GM who has drafted 3 superstars in the past 10 years.

Name how many PGs are better than Westbrook. You win some. You lose some. It was the 55th pick. They decided to see if he could find his groove. It's not super crazy that in a down year you want to see if Semaj can make something of himself. You already know what you have in other guys. What about the unknown? Semaj could have developed. He didn't. Case closed. Happens all the time in this league.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#662 » by Balkman32 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:52 pm

Paul George's Agent is Aaron Mintz. Two players to keep an eye on are Ed Davis and Grayson Allen, both are represented by Aaron Mintz. I know the Thunder have done favors for agnets in the past. Just a little nugget to keep an eye on.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#663 » by Balkman32 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:57 pm

Balkman32 wrote:Paul George's Agent is Aaron Mintz. Two players to keep an eye on are Ed Davis and Grayson Allen, both are represented by Aaron Mintz. I know the Thunder have done favors for agnets in the past. Just a little nugget to keep an eye on.

He also represents Reggie Jackson. We did him a solid by sending him to Deptroit so he could start since he viewed him self as a starter on a crappy team in this league.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#664 » by getrichordie » Mon May 21, 2018 8:04 pm

So, I've been perusing some of our playoff lineup stats.

I find it interesting that the only major lineup that we put out that had a positive impact is this one:

Westbrook / Abrines / George / Grant / Adams

This lineup makes a lot of sense and if Presti can keep George and Grant, I think this is certainly the lineup of the future. George, Grant, and Adams can be the guys that clean things up when Abrines and/or Westbrook break down on defense. Also, this line up is sneakily good on defense. They had a defensive rating of 85 and an offensive rating of 146. I think this lineup has a ton of potential and I wouldn't be surprised to see us build around this more moving forward. Even if Roberson is ready by the start of next season, I could definitely see us staggering Roberson to give him rest and change up the looks we are giving on both offense and defense. Additionally, I think both Grant and Abrines should take a good step forward this season. I see Grant being more decisive when he gets the ball and draining the corner 3 w/ regularity and I see Abrines adding a little weight and settling into his 3-ball game.

With money tight, I think we could see some interesting things happening: Abrines playing PG. If Abrines can play minutes with George and George can handle the ball w/o turning it over, I think we can start to see some interesting lineups such as Abrines, Ferguson, and George on the wings. Abrines gets to develop into an Ingles-lite type, we can give minutes to Fergy and surround George with 2, maybe 3 shooters if Patterson is playing the 4 behind Grant.

What we really need to top it all of is a utility guy who can come in and play in George's spot so George can slide to the 4. Something like Beasley or Hezonja makes a lot of sense in my opinion.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,057

Post#665 » by slick_watts » Tue May 22, 2018 12:44 am

getrichordie wrote:
Knrstz wrote:
slick_watts wrote:
name one pg in a team's rotation in 2016-17 that was as bad or worse than semaj.

hint: you won't be able to. sam's failure with semaj wasn't just drafting him, but keeping him on the roster.

Norris Cole?

Name how many PGs are better than Westbrook. You win some. You lose some. It was the 55th pick. They decided to see if he could find his groove. It's not super crazy that in a down year you want to see if Semaj can make something of himself. You already know what you have in other guys. What about the unknown? Semaj could have developed. He didn't. Case closed. Happens all the time in this league.

it was idiotic to give semaj christon 1000 minutes. he was possibly the worst player in the nba that year. semaj was horrific in the italian d-league. he was not 'the unknown'.

why not sign me to a $2,000,000 contract? i'm unknown, too.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#666 » by slick_watts » Tue May 22, 2018 12:48 am

getrichordie wrote:What we really need to top it all of is a utility guy who can come in and play in George's spot so George can slide to the 4. Something like Beasley or Hezonja makes a lot of sense in my opinion.

bench andre roberson for alex abrines and sign hezonja or beasley? we'd be lucky to have a league average defense.

you're reading too much into what is likely small sample variance.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#667 » by NetsWorld » Tue May 22, 2018 1:16 am

One month and a half to go to see what Presti will pull off, If Thunder are looking to stay elite, they have to find other players to compliment Westbrook and PG13.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,209

Post#668 » by ThunderBolt » Tue May 22, 2018 1:27 am

ThunderPoke99 wrote:This just got posted from Dean Blevins of Channel 9 here in OKC concerning PG13. Did not see the entire sportscast last night, so don't have the entire story. Take it with a grain of salt as Blevins is about on par with Steven A Smith in my book, but it's news so here you go!

Read on Twitter

I’m still at 50\50 with little emotion regardless of what happens.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Post#669 » by Kizz Fastfists » Tue May 22, 2018 1:31 am

OKCThunder wrote:One month and a half to go to see what Presti will pull off, If Thunder are looking to stay elite, they have to find other players to compliment Westbrook and PG13.

The Thunder haven't been elite since kd left. They do not have the means to get back to elite. They are what they are. A team that will set a record for the highest payroll and tax bill just for a chance to be a first round exit IF PG comes back. If PG goes elsewhere for a better basketball or life situation then OKC isn't even a playoff team and could still end up as a taxpayer.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#670 » by Kizz Fastfists » Tue May 22, 2018 1:38 am

Knrstz wrote:I’m still at 50\50 with little emotion regardless of what happens.

I want PG to sign a 5 year max. Then Presti's replacement will have both PG and Russ to trade for a rebuild after they miss the playoffs next year. I trust Donovan to be able to keep them out of the playoffs after they lose a few minor pieces like Grant, Brewer and Felton.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#671 » by RalphSampsonJr » Tue May 22, 2018 2:05 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:

I want PG to sign a 5 year max. Then Presti's replacement will have both PG and Russ to trade for a rebuild after they miss the playoffs next year. I trust Donovan to be able to keep them out of the playoffs after they lose a few minor pieces like Grant, Brewer and Felton.

Who hurt you?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,209

Post#672 » by ThunderBolt » Tue May 22, 2018 2:16 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:

Unless you have some inside source that says Bennett is unhappy with Presti, this won’t happen.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#673 » by Kizz Fastfists » Tue May 22, 2018 2:25 am

RalphSampsonJr wrote:Who hurt you?

Stupidity did when I was young and I have hated him every since. Presti and stupidity have become friends. The friend of my enemy is my enemy.
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#674 » by RalphSampsonJr » Tue May 22, 2018 2:35 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:

Stupidity did when I was young and I have hated him every since. Presti and stupidity have become friends. The friend of my enemy is my enemy.

Look i get that the thunder maybe in their worst offseason position ever.. but things could be far worse!
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#675 » by spearsy23 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:56 am

RalphSampsonJr wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

Look i get that the thunder maybe in their worst offseason position ever.. but things could be far worse!

You wake up in the morning, your paint's peeling, your curtains are gone, and the water is boiling. Which problem do you deal with first?
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#676 » by bondom34 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:09 am

spearsy23 wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

You wake up in the morning, your paint's peeling, your curtains are gone, and the water is boiling. Which problem do you deal with first?

Buy new curtains, close em,back to bed.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#677 » by slick_watts » Tue May 22, 2018 3:22 am

i bet bennett is happy with the thunder fanbase accepting the 5th highest average ticket price in the nba. the only way presti goes is if the bottom line is threatened.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#678 » by Balkman32 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:20 pm

slick_watts wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Knrstz wrote:Norris Cole?

it was idiotic to give semaj christon 1000 minutes. he was possibly the worst player in the nba that year. semaj was horrific in the italian d-league. he was not 'the unknown'.

why not sign me to a $2,000,000 contract? i'm unknown, too.

I thought we did Ronnie Price. We then cut your ass becasue backward jameS is Awesome!
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#679 » by Balkman32 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:20 pm

slick_watts wrote:i bet bennett is happy with the thunder fanbase accepting the 5th highest average ticket price in the nba. the only way presti goes is if the bottom line is threatened.

How quick is Presti picked up by a team if the Thunder let him go.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#680 » by Balkman32 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:22 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:

Step away from the crack pipe...

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder