2018 Offseason Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Re: 2018 Offseason Thread 

Post#921 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:34 pm

Balkman32 wrote:Who would have thought Dipo and Sabonis would get the Thunder PG13 last year????

Dipo had a contract that made the salaries work. Who has that size contract this year? Adams and Westbrook. One of them has to be moved if you are going to bring in someone like that.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,052

Post#922 » by slick_watts » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:38 pm

bondom34 wrote:
slick_watts wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Nope. Popped up on my timeline when someone liked it and reminded me of this board.

that's a stupid assumption to make. even if someone here was negative EVERYTHING (and nobody is), basketball talk doesn't encompass EVERYTHING. want to talk about food? sex? beer? the 49ers? the 2013 thunder? we can have plenty of uplifting conversations.

having negative thoughts about the thunder right now is not being 'unnecessarily negative'. and what pompous idiot is making the determination of what is 'necessarily' negative and what isn't in the first place?

It was a joke.

And apparently struck a nerve.

joke or no joke, i'm sure anyone's had someone say something stupid like 'oh so and so must be depressed! how can they be so negative about [insert narrow, specific interest]! how do they enjoy life?'

if you spend a lot of time with a person who actually has problems on a day to day basis, it's probably a great idea to take a step back and consider what must be causing that. because it's true, if someone is negative about everything, behaving unusually dreary, something's probably going on. reducing that sentiment to basketball arguments on realgm is insulting to people actually facing real problems. so yeah, you struck a nerve.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#923 » by Pillendreher » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:Who would have thought Dipo and Sabonis would get the Thunder PG13 last year????

Dipo had a contract that made the salaries work. Who has that size contract this year? Adams and Westbrook. One of them has to be moved if you are going to bring in someone like that.

Unless the other player is still on his rookie deal.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#924 » by slick_watts » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

there's still time for stanley johnson to happen.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#925 » by Pillendreher » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:45 pm

slick_watts wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

I was thinking of potential Presti targets in that regard, but only MCW came to mind and he's a) not on his rookie contract anymore and b) can't be dealt because he's expiring. :cry:
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#926 » by slick_watts » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:47 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
slick_watts wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:

I was thinking of potential Presti targets in that regard, but only MCW came to mind and he's a) not on his rookie contract anymore and b) can't be dealt because he's expiring. :cry:

we would have beaten utah if we traded for him and he stayed healthy.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#927 » by bondom34 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:53 pm

slick_watts wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
slick_watts wrote:
that's a stupid assumption to make. even if someone here was negative EVERYTHING (and nobody is), basketball talk doesn't encompass EVERYTHING. want to talk about food? sex? beer? the 49ers? the 2013 thunder? we can have plenty of uplifting conversations.

having negative thoughts about the thunder right now is not being 'unnecessarily negative'. and what pompous idiot is making the determination of what is 'necessarily' negative and what isn't in the first place?

It was a joke.

And apparently struck a nerve.

joke or no joke, i'm sure anyone's had someone say something stupid like 'oh so and so must be depressed! how can they be so negative about [insert narrow, specific interest]! how do they enjoy life?'

if you spend a lot of time with a person who actually has problems on a day to day basis, it's probably a great idea to take a step back and consider what must be causing that. because it's true, if someone is negative about everything, behaving unusually dreary, something's probably going on. reducing that sentiment to basketball arguments on realgm is insulting to people actually facing real problems. so yeah, you struck a nerve.

Apologies if sething is going on man. Was kidding and hope everything is ok in real life.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#928 » by slick_watts » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:54 pm

bondom34 wrote:Apologies if sething is going on man. Was kidding and hope everything is ok in real life.

nothing's going on. things couldn't be better! we can argue about sports all you want but joking about depression and mental problems is not cool.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#929 » by bondom34 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:56 pm

slick_watts wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Apologies if sething is going on man. Was kidding and hope everything is ok in real life.

nothing's going on. things couldn't be better! we can argue about sports all you want but joking about depression and mental problems is not cool.

I wasn't joking in that sense, and am definitely sensitive to the issue. You had worried a minute there.

Was saying (and really at this point Kizz mostly) is doom and gloom no matter what happens.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#930 » by slick_watts » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:58 pm

bondom34 wrote:
slick_watts wrote:

I wasn't joking in that sense

Was saying (and really at this point Kizz mostly) is doom and gloom no matter what happens.

kizz thinks terrance ferguson is going to be jimmy butler. that's probably the most optimistic take on this entire board.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#931 » by bondom34 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:59 pm

slick_watts wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
slick_watts wrote:

kizz thinks terrance ferguson is going to be jimmy butler. that's probably the most optimistic take on this entire board.

You've got me there. Also see my edit, had me worried there.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#932 » by slick_watts » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:00 pm

bondom34 wrote:
slick_watts wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I wasn't joking in that sense

You've got me there. Also see my edit, had me worried there.

i appreciate your concern.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#933 » by bondom34 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:01 pm

Bold.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#934 » by Pillendreher » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:03 pm

slick_watts wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
slick_watts wrote:

That's just a glitch in the software.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#935 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:07 pm

Pillendreher wrote:That's just a glitch in the software.

Working as intended.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#936 » by Pillendreher » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:08 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:That's just a glitch in the software.

Working as intended.

Analysis.

Why are you lying to me?
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#937 » by Balkman32 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:53 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:

Melo has the size of the contract plus it is expiring. The 2nd part has to be will they buy him out or is he willing or a want to play there.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#938 » by Dn4sty » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:08 pm

slick_watts wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
slick_watts wrote:

It will be great to see Ferguson become the Kawhi like addition to an older core in OKC, just like Kawhi did for Duncan and company in San Antonio :)
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Post#939 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:04 pm

I’m not as high on Ferguson as kizz but I do like him. That being said, we definitely need to see some progress this year, especially on defensive technique.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#940 » by Balkman32 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:32 pm

Key offseason dates
June 24: Deadline for restricted free agents to exercise player options
June 29: Deadline to exercise player, team or early termination options
July 1: Free agency begins after midnight ET
July 6: Moratorium ends at noon ET; signings and trades can be made official
July 13: Deadline to withdraw qualifying offers to restricted free agents

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder