Re: Trade Ideas, AKA Please God Bring Us Shooters 

Post#301 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:07 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
Knrstz wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:
Is this even somewhat realistic

Wizards gets Patterson, Schroder, Ferguson and future 2nd
OKC gets Porter

I know this only leaves 1 PF on the roster, but honestly they really only have one now anyway. This would require another move to get a PF, but I think that this is necessary regardless.

You could also include Abrines and that would make the salaries work where you could also get Morris.

I’d just shudder at Felton at backup point guard

I think it’s realistic but it also requires Washington to move wall. Why else would the need schroder? It leaves us without a backup PF and Raymond Felton becomes the full time backup. That’s a pretty major overhaul of the roster mid season.

OKC could do a second deal with Wizards (not sure NBA wouldn’t see this as skirting the rules) and take Sato into Melo TPE.

And as far as PF goes, Trevor Booker is a FA

Otto can play the four. I dont know what I was thinking. Move grant to the bench.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#302 » by spearsy23 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:04 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
Knrstz wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:
Is this even somewhat realistic

Wizards gets Patterson, Schroder, Ferguson and future 2nd
OKC gets Porter

I know this only leaves 1 PF on the roster, but honestly they really only have one now anyway. This would require another move to get a PF, but I think that this is necessary regardless.

You could also include Abrines and that would make the salaries work where you could also get Morris.

I’d just shudder at Felton at backup point guard

I think it’s realistic but it also requires Washington to move wall. Why else would the need schroder? It leaves us without a backup PF and Raymond Felton becomes the full time backup. That’s a pretty major overhaul of the roster mid season.

OKC could do a second deal with Wizards (not sure NBA wouldn’t see this as skirting the rules) and take Sato into Melo TPE.

And as far as PF goes, Trevor Booker is a FA

This is absolutely allowed.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,049

Post#303 » by slick_watts » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:11 pm

would michael jordan trade us kemba for westbrook? kemba is the future of the nba. this guy is spectacular and has such a refreshing attitude on the court.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#304 » by Pillendreher » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:37 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Porter/Beal/Sato for Adams/Schroder/Roberson/Ferguson

That's a bit low on our side, no?
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#305 » by Kizz Fastfists » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:09 pm

Pillendreher wrote:

I don't think that is enough for Beal. If Washington is going to rebuild that does nothing for them outside of Ferguson and they might not be that high on him. Realistically, I don't think they move Beal. I think they move Porter and try to give Wall away and rebuild around Beal. I think Beal, given his contract, can fetch a bigger return than Butler did.

Wall is going to be tough to move on a supermax contract, which for OKC means Schroder has no value to Washington. I think Washington's best bet there might be Phoenix who needs a PG. I just don't think anyone who is chasing the top pick will make a move like that until the off-season. Phoenix could, potentially, add Zion to go with Booker and Ayton then trade their 2020 1st for Wall to give them a probable playoff team next year with a ton of potential.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,201

Post#306 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:31 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:

I don't think that is enough for Beal. If Washington is going to rebuild that does nothing for them outside of Ferguson and they might not be that high on him. Realistically, I don't think they move Beal. I think they move Porter and try to give Wall away and rebuild around Beal. I think Beal, given his contract, can fetch a bigger return than Butler did.

Wall is going to be tough to move on a supermax contract, which for OKC means Schroder has no value to Washington. I think Washington's best bet there might be Phoenix who needs a PG. I just don't think anyone who is chasing the top pick will make a move like that until the off-season. Phoenix could, potentially, add Zion to go with Booker and Ayton then trade their 2020 1st for Wall to give them a probable playoff team next year with a ton of potential.

I think you confused Walls’ value with Giannis’.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#307 » by Pillendreher » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:33 pm

Knrstz wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:

I think you confused Walls value with Giannis.

I think he means add Zion as a draftpick to the team and then trade that 2020 FRP for Wall.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#308 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
Knrstz wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

I think you confused Walls value with Giannis.

I think he means add Zion as a draftpick to the team and then trade that 2020 FRP for Wall.

Ya I butchered that. Multitasking at work.
CROklahoma
Junior
And1: 130

Post#309 » by CROklahoma » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:26 pm

Ehm, Russ started following BBeal ?
Any connections on his previous follows ?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#310 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:31 pm

CROklahoma wrote:Ehm, Russ started following BBeal ?

Both have been coached by Da Goat.
Osirus89
Starter
And1: 2,016

Post#311 » by Osirus89 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:49 am

CROklahoma wrote:Ehm, Russ started following BBeal ?

Reddit has screen caps of him following Melo, PG, and Victor before they were traded to the team. So there is that....

However, it could mean anything.

Although it is REALLY random for him to start following an opposing player during the season. Add in that Presti has always had an eye on Beal and that Donovan coached him at Florida, and you have grounds for juicy speculation. I would love Bradley Beal, but I don’t think Washington couldn’t get better offers than what we could give.

Washington has to do something though because they look absolutely terrible.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#312 » by Dn4sty » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:02 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I’m going to read everything into this. EVERYTHING
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,049

Post#313 » by slick_watts » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:13 am

you trading adams for beal? no? then we're not getting beal.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#314 » by getrichordie » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:37 am

slick_watts wrote:you trading adams for beal? no? then we're not getting beal.

I think if a trade is being discussed for Beal, it is very possible Adams is involved. Small ball is the future. Adams is good, but small ball is about match-ups. If we get another star scorer such as Beal, Adams becomes less important in the grand scheme of things. Rim-running bigs who can defend decently well can be found.

The only other trade I can think of is a three-team trade involving Schroder bringing back Washington something they would want. Orlando has a lot of incentive to get a point guard. And I’m sure I could think of a few others as well.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
[twitter] @thunderdustin
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#315 » by bondom34 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:38 am

Nobody's giving nothin for Schroder. Nothing with value at least
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#316 » by Dn4sty » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:40 am

slick_watts wrote:you trading adams for beal? no? then we're not getting beal.

You are likely correct in that Adams would have to be involved. We do however have a pseudo template for a star player with multiple years left on his deal in Butler.

Lavine, Dunn, pick 7 was what Minnesota got for him, and I think Butler is better than Beal.
OzThunder
Rookie
And1: 393

Post#317 » by OzThunder » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:40 am

Even if you did want to trade Adams, OKC are so dangerously thin at the 4/5...
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#318 » by Dn4sty » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:41 am

bondom34 wrote:Nobody's giving nothin for Schroder. Nothing with value at least

I could see Washington being ok with him if he went in a 3 team deal where Wizards moved Wall. Or in a follow up trade after dealing Wall.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#319 » by bondom34 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:42 am

Dn4sty wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Nobody's giving nothin for Schroder. Nothing with value at least

I could see Washington being ok with him if he went in a 3 team deal where Wizards moved Wall. Or in a follow up trade after dealing Wall.

Possible, I don't consider Wall anything of value though.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#320 » by getrichordie » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:45 am

Abrines and Noel are sick. Wonder if trade could be going down soon. Maybe Presti has already been in talks with Grunfeld.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
[twitter] @thunderdustin

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder