Trade Ideas, AKA Please God Bring Us Shooters

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Osirus89
Starter
And1: 2,016

Re: Trade Ideas, AKA Please God Bring Us Shooters 

Post#1541 » by Osirus89 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:46 am

Pillendreher wrote:
acheema0 wrote:If this report is true - https://cavaliersnation.com/2019/01/15/report-teams-calling-cavs-tristan-thompson/ (from Amico so must be taken with several grains of salt)- how would you all feel about a Tristan/Hood for Schroder/Abrines swap? We'd most likely have to send at least one second round pick in addition if not more. But Tristan ends a year earlier than Dennis, would help with rebounding (amid reports we are looking for an additional big man), and Hood could help fill the void of Dennis in the second unit (admittedly won't be much of a void). Might not be the best fit, but makes some sense.

Key is this:

“While sources did not provide specifics on which teams the Cavs have spoken with, it is believed they are hearing from teams in actual contention.”

“The Oklahoma City Thunder and Portland Trail Blazers are others who may be interested.”

Clickbait. The Cavs want to drump up interest.

I think OKC has talked to Cleveland about potential trades. I don't think Tristan Thompson is a player they have inquired about though.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#1542 » by spearsy23 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:38 pm

Andre Roberstan wrote:
oreojenkins wrote:Schroder and TLC for Ross and Augustin

Magic according to all reports so far are fine with Augustin and plan to ride out the year with him. He's been solid enough.

Also, we've been down the 'augustin as backup' road before and it was not pretty.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,135

Post#1543 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:56 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
Andre Roberstan wrote:

Magic according to all reports so far are fine with Augustin and plan to ride out the year with him. He's been solid enough.

Also, we've been down the 'augustin as backup' road before and it was not pretty.

Don't get it too. He was trash and was one of the most hated Thunder player back then while being in his ''prime'' and getting paid less than half of what he's winning right now. Doesn't make sense to trade for him...
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#1544 » by Balkman32 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:30 pm

Andre Roberstan wrote:A Knicks fan I was talking to said they might do Vonleh/Lee for Abrines/Pat Pat/TLC. I don't know how true that is, but the framework may be there.

I buy that. But, I would assume they would want to re-rout Patterson. They would also like to get off of THJ contract. Not saying I want his $17 million here. But, I expect the Kincks to try to move THJ and Lee at the deadline for salary that is coming off the books.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#1545 » by Balkman32 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:36 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:How reckless and irresponsible is it to lower or remove the pick protections if it gets us taurean prince?

I don't think it is reckless or irresponsible. He is a good player that is on a cheap contract through the most expensive years in Thunder history. If changing the pick from:

Oklahoma City's 2022 1st round pick to Atlanta protected for selections 1-14; if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Oklahoma City will instead convey its 2024 2nd round pick and 2025 2nd round pick to Atlanta [Atlanta-Oklahoma City-Philadelphia, 7/25/2018]

to:
Oklahoma City's 2022 1st round pick to Atlanta protected for selections 1-10 in 2022 and 1-10 in 2023; if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Oklahoma City will instead convey its 2024 2nd round pick and 2025 2nd round pick to Atlanta.

We could also add our 2020 or 2021 2nd round pick, or a 2024 first rounder. But, then it comes down to working out the salaries.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#1546 » by Balkman32 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:37 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Apparently Jaylen Brown is an aloof jerk than none of the other Celtic players like.

Ill take him.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#1547 » by Balkman32 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:45 pm

No Thanks. I think Schroder stays with the Thunder through next season. Having him and Westbrook lets the team play in the same style. This is unless someone is willing to trade something valuable for him.

I think the Thunder are looking for two types of players - a wing that can shoot it (I know what else is new) and a backup 4 to replace PPat.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#1548 » by cjmcallist » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:17 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
acheema0 wrote:
Mattv wrote:Taking away our pick protection a 2nd and Paterson might do it.Then sign Bruno Caboclo from the G-leauge to take over Noel spot until he returns then he could be the back PF.

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app

There's no reason for Atlanta to do that deal unless they completely hate Prince for whatever reason. They would be taking on PPat's player option next year which is worth the second round pick in itself, and simply lowering protections wouldn't be enough for a player of Prince's caliber who's on a rookie scale deal for this year and next.

Diallo, lowered protection on pick and TLC for filler is probably the best we could do. It probably isn’t enough but you never know what other GMs like. Travis Schlenk wants to build a knock of version of the warriors so i dont know that Diallo is the kind of player he covets.

I'm all over this and would do it in a heartbeat. We have limited options for adding young talent. Prince could play off the bench or in the starting line up. He would unlock a ton for us, and we control his contract for a while. In 2020/21 Prince would be in the first year of his second contract.

Anyone run this by the ATL forum? Not sure how Diallo is valued. Would be hard to give up Ferg given his recent play.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#1549 » by spearsy23 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Balkman32 wrote:

No Thanks. I think Schroder stays with the Thunder through next season. Having him and Westbrook lets the team play in the same style. This is unless someone is willing to trade something valuable for him.

I think the Thunder are looking for two types of players - a wing that can shoot it (I know what else is new) and a backup 4 to replace PPat.

I hoped Schroder would allow us to play the same style as Russ, but that clearly is not the case.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#1550 » by Pillendreher » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Presti right now:

GROD right now:

"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,211

Post#1551 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:31 pm

bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
SecondTake
Veteran
And1: 1,493

Post#1552 » by SecondTake » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:35 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycg8a5kq

You gave up Grant? Why? :-?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1553 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:47 pm

SecondTake wrote:

Because other nba franchises are not farm teams for the thunder.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
SecondTake
Veteran

Post#1554 » by SecondTake » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:45 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
SecondTake wrote:

Yeah, but Grant is the best (or close second) player in that trade with the most potential upside over the next 2-3 seasons. So I don't understand the point of that trade.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#1555 » by Pillendreher » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:56 pm

SecondTake wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
SecondTake wrote:

Yeah, but Grant is the best (or close second) player in that trade with the most potential upside over the next 2-3 seasons. So I don't understand the point of that trade.

Porter is clearly a better player than Grant. I don't think it's particularly close.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
SecondTake
Veteran

Post#1556 » by SecondTake » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:14 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
SecondTake wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Because other nba franchises are not farm teams for the thunder.

Porter is clearly a better player than Grant. I don't think it's particularly close.

On both ends? I'd say he's slightly better considering both ends, but seeing Grants development this year, I think it could be assumed he'll be as good or better next year.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1557 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:14 pm

SecondTake wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
SecondTake wrote:

You have an over inflated opinion of grant. Vonleh and porter are also multi position guys that shoot close to forty percent from three. We’re also dumping schroder. I’m not saying grant is a bad player. I’m not sure why grant has more upside. Porter is 9 months older than grant and Vonleh is a year and a half younger than Jerami.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#1558 » by Dn4sty » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:18 pm

SecondTake wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:
SecondTake wrote:

On both ends? I'd say he's slightly better considering both ends, but seeing Grants development this year, I think it could be assumed he'll be as good or better next year.

Porter is far better than Grant.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#1559 » by Balkman32 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:24 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
SecondTake wrote:

I hear ya. But, in this trade the Thunder take on an additional $2.5 million. Which leads to a $10+ million increase in the tax bill and a 2nd unit led by Ray Felton.

I doubt the Thunder move Diallo. They want to develop him. They should keep him. They want guys on contracts with a lower annual salary. I think the Thunder might look to reduce the cap bill a little bit if they can. Plus it would give them room to add a buy out guy.

Do we have a list of buy out guys? They might be able to get their backup 4 through that market.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1560 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:28 pm

Balkman32 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
SecondTake wrote:

I hear ya. But, in this trade the Thunder take on an additional $2.5 million. Which leads to a $10+ million increase in the tax bill and a 2nd unit led by Ray Felton.

I doubt the Thunder move Diallo. They want to develop him. They should keep him. They want guys on contracts with a lower annual salary. I think the Thunder might look to reduce the cap bill a little bit if they can. Plus it would give them room to add a buy out guy.

Do we have a list of buy out guys? They might be able to get their backup 4 through that market.

The Knicks can take TLC. There isn’t any stipulation to this trade saying that OKC can’t make another trade to get a Felton replacement. Even if Felton runs the second unit, I still think that leaves us with a better team.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder