Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Re: Trade Ideas, AKA Please God Bring Us Shooters 

Post#1581 » by Pillendreher » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:10 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:I think it's something you have to strongly consider at this point.

I agree. The question is: Are they going to? They just traded two second round picks for Holiday, so it looks like they want to fight for a Playoff spot. On the other hand, they've been a bottom 5 team in NetRtG for two full months now. Right now they're 5.5 games behind the 8th spot, 538 gives them an 8 % chance of making the Playoffs and basketball-reference has them at 1 %. This is their schedule until the trade deadline:

Pelicans
Hornets
Kings
Pacers
Nuggets
Timberwolves
Hornets
Knicks
Timberwolves

They've lost 11 of their last 12. Could they go 2-7 till the deadline, putting them at 13 games below .500? Seems like a reasonable scenario.

Regarding Conley: That contract next to our already in place contracts combined with Conley's injury history scares me. And I honestly can't tell you how good he is right now. His boxscore looks kinda putrid, but the impact stats say he's still very good. :-?

Conley's putting up 20/6/3 on 55% true shooting, that's certainly not putrid. His contract is the only reason we'd have a shot at him, assuming ownership will spend infinite dollars.

I guess I'm just weary of big trades like that because I fear that no matter what happens, it will be worse than expected. :oops:

Money wise, trading him for Roberson and Schröder would impact us as follows (Ferguson and Patterson option picked up, Noel and TLC option not picked up, Nader waived, no other signings next season):

Tax pre trade: $ 34 million 2019/2020, $ 0 million 2020/2021
Tax post trade: $ 58 million 2019/2020, $ 51 million 2020/2021

From what I could find, he has an ETO for 2020/2021 and the contract becomes fully guaranteed if he plays at least 55 games this year or next year, so I guess you have to account for that last season. That would mean Westbrook-Conley-George-Adams would combine for $ 138 million that season. :oops:
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,059

Post#1582 » by slick_watts » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:22 pm

lol they are not trading for freaking mike conley.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#1583 » by spearsy23 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:31 pm

slick_watts wrote:lol they are not trading for freaking mike conley.

I don't believe they will, but I'm interested in if it would be possible. He's almost the perfect PG to play next to Westbrook.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
SecondTake
Veteran
And1: 1,493

Post#1584 » by SecondTake » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:03 pm

Conley for Abrines straight up. I'll throw in Felton too.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,137

Post#1585 » by Dadouv47 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:41 pm

We should trade for Melo. Then we put Schroeder/Melo into the starting line up = Zion to oklahome
Woerzboerg
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#1586 » by Woerzboerg » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:21 pm

I'd rather look at one of those players to improve our Backcourt and/or our shooting:

- Corey Joseph
- Wesley Matthews
- Evan Fournier
- Lou Williams
- Rodney Hood
- Alec Burks
- Matthew Dellavedova
- JaMychal Green
- Shelvin Mack
- Garrett Temple

Maybe we can get one or two of those by sending out a combination of Schröder/Roberson/Diallo/Abrines/SRP.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#1587 » by Dn4sty » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:36 am

Pillendreher wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:Would Clippers embrace a tank after loss last night. Hopefully land Zion or Barrett? They could open up a ton of cap space if they can get off Gallinari, Lou, and Harrell deals.

I’m trying to think of a realistic three way trade, but just want everyone’s thoughts on how ready the Clips are to sell and tank.

It'd be an interesting move to create an incentive for other teams that aren't going anywhere to give up on their "star", but they're way too right now to properly tank imo. They're currently 3 games above .500, whereas 7 teams in the East are at least 5 games below .500. They'd have to lose like 80 % of the 2nd half of the season to even compete for a Top pick.

Dn4sty wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:How much is Mike Conley worth? Would Dennis/Dre/2024 be enough?

I guess you move Russ to SG in that lineup? Or would Conley just play the Schroder role but far better? Also it wouldn’t shock me to see the Grizz sell off a wing as well in a Conley/Gasol trade

Are they giving up on their complete core?

You might not get Zion or Barrett but opening up that cap space could lead to Tobias and two additional max players
oken
Pro Prospect
And1: 429

Post#1588 » by oken » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:06 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
You might not get Zion or Barrett but opening up that cap space could lead to Tobias and two additional max players

Orlando would happily give us Tobias AND Dipo for Ibaka if we could attach something else and go for it before Detroit. Though just like Dipo, Tobias could very well play below his strengths with our efficient "game plan" under the master coach William John "Billy" Donovan.
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#1589 » by Dn4sty » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:58 am

Grizzlies have to be ready to blow this whole thing up right?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,212

Post#1590 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:57 am

If things continue as they are trending then I don’t think Bjelica is beyond the realm of possibility.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#1591 » by Dn4sty » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:19 am

ThunderBolt wrote:If things continue as they are trending then I don’t think Bjelica is beyond the realm of possibility.

Neither do I, but I can’t imagine that Diallo is enough for Kings and Ferg is off limits
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#1592 » by Dn4sty » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 am

I kept thinking today how many of the Knicks and Grizzlies players I wanted to OKC to trade for
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,212

Post#1593 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:32 am

Dn4sty wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:If things continue as they are trending then I don’t think Bjelica is beyond the realm of possibility.

Neither do I, but I can’t imagine that Diallo is enough for Kings and Ferg is off limits

He’s a nice player but what is his real value? Is he really worth a first? I think better players can be had with a frp.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dn4sty
Analyst

Post#1594 » by Dn4sty » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:50 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:

He’s a nice player but what is his real value? Is he really worth a first? I think better players can be had with a frp.

I don’t think you are wrong, but I just don’t see how both teams can make a deal (Kings need rebounding and a SF). OKC doesn’t really have any assets that would entice them
Thundershock88
Starter
And1: 2,234

Post#1595 » by Thundershock88 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:34 am

I'd kill for a guy like Bellinelli. I just want 1 more shooter on this team.
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#1596 » by RalphSampsonJr » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:33 am

Wayne Ellington and the heat are discussing a trade. Miami dont want salary back. Sammy boi should be on the phone
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#1597 » by Pillendreher » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:34 pm

RalphSampsonJr wrote:Wayne Ellington and the heat are discussing a trade. Miami dont want salary back. Sammy boi should be on the phone

Taking him into the Melo TPE would increase our tax bill by $ 31 million. He's not worth that kind of investment.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect

Post#1598 » by RalphSampsonJr » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:21 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:Wayne Ellington and the heat are discussing a trade. Miami dont want salary back. Sammy boi should be on the phone

Taking him into the Melo TPE would increase our tax bill by $ 31 million. He's not worth that kind of investment.

We have expirings that surely they would take on. Abrines and TLC would pretty much match salarys
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#1599 » by Pillendreher » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:48 pm

RalphSampsonJr wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:

We have expirings that surely they would take on. Abrines and TLC would pretty much match salarys

Why would they though? Ellington is expiring as well. You said it yourself: They don't want salary back. :-?
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect

Post#1600 » by RalphSampsonJr » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:30 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:

Why would they though? Ellington is expiring as well. You said it yourself: They don't want salary back. :-?

Aw i thought he had a couple years as he just signed up start of this season. Didnt realise it was a 1 year. Sam could get creative with a 3rd team i guess. His shooting would be ideal

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder