Travelling To OKC

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThadMan
Junior
And1: 66

Travelling To OKC 

Post#1 » by ThadMan » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:14 am

Hey everyone !

Im planning a trip to the USA and am going to stop in at Oklahoma to watch a game of the very coverted Thunder . Was wondering if anyone , firstly, lives in OKC and if they can give some advice on where to stay near Chesapeake , or secondly, if you have done the same and have gone to see a game and stayed in the area ! Any help would be much appreciated ! Also any bars to drink at in the area also !

Planning on OKC vs Wolves 23rd? December !

Up the THUNDER !
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Re: Travelling To OKC 

Post#2 » by Pillendreher » Thu Nov 1, 2018 12:11 pm

You should stay in that haunted hotel. Skirvin Hilton
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,223

Post#3 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Nov 1, 2018 12:20 pm

Pillendreher wrote:You should stay in that haunted hotel. Skirvin Hilton

Is that where kyrie got bed bugs?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#4 » by Pillendreher » Thu Nov 1, 2018 12:32 pm

Knrstz wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:You should stay in that haunted hotel. Skirvin Hilton

Is that where kyrie got bed bugs?

Yes.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#5 » by spearsy23 » Thu Nov 1, 2018 3:44 pm

ThadMan wrote:Hey everyone !

Im planning a trip to the USA and am going to stop in at Oklahoma to watch a game of the very coverted Thunder . Was wondering if anyone , firstly, lives in OKC and if they can give some advice on where to stay near Chesapeake , or secondly, if you have done the same and have gone to see a game and stayed in the area ! Any help would be much appreciated ! Also any bars to drink at in the area also !

Up the THUNDER !

This is where we stayed last year when we went down, and I'd highly recommend it. You can walk right through the convention center to get to the Peaked, and the cost is about the same as staying a little farther away then having to pay for parking at game time. Plus you can get back to the hotel before you'd even make it to the car let alone out of traffic.

Food wise, if you're a burger fan, I'd recommend S&B Burgers, but the locals might have better food insight.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,223

Post#6 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Nov 1, 2018 3:48 pm

Joeys is a really good pizza joint not to far from the arena.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThadMan
Junior

Post#7 » by ThadMan » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:46 pm

spearsy23 wrote:
ThadMan wrote:Hey everyone !

Up the THUNDER !

This is where we stayed last year when we went down, and I'd highly recommend it. You can walk right through the convention center to get to the Peaked, and the cost is about the same as staying a little farther away then having to pay for parking at game time. Plus you can get back to the hotel before you'd even make it to the car let alone out of traffic.

Food wise, if you're a burger fan, I'd recommend S&B Burgers, but the locals might have better food insight.
Cheers! Appreciate it. Only going to be there for a night in the way to somewhere else, so this will be perfect, close to the Peake!

Sent from my SM-G950F using RealGM mobile app
ThadMan
Junior

Post#8 » by ThadMan » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:46 pm

Thanks for the help!

Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#9 » by Old Man Game » Fri Nov 2, 2018 4:17 am

1. Stay at the colcord hotel. 2. Eat at Mahogany steakhouse across the street from the colcord.

Sent from my Pixel using RealGM mobile app
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#10 » by Andre Roberstan » Fri Nov 2, 2018 7:06 pm

Courtyard's a good choice, as is Colcord (IIRC Colcord is a little more expensive, though). The 21c Hotel just went in not too long ago and it's supposed to be excellent, if a bit pricey. The downstairs bar there is called Mary Eddy's and it's awesome, though expensive again—you can get orphan barrel bourbon there, and I'm not sure there's any other place in town that offers it.

Tapwerks is a great spot nearby in Bricktown if you like beer. The Jones Assembly is a good spot too, over on Film Row. Great selection at their bar.

I've not been there myself, but Sidecar in Midtown is where most of the service industry people go when they have money and a night off—they speak highly of it. Broadway 10 is right by there too, and it's very good but upscale. Both are on 10th Street in Automobile Alley. The Manhattan in Downtown is a good spot (especially if you like Manhattans).

Personally I'd avoid most of the Bricktown bars besides Tapwerks, but that's just me.
ThunderCeltic
Junior
And1: 358

Post#11 » by ThunderCeltic » Mon Nov 5, 2018 5:53 pm

After work I usually stop at Henry Hudsons Pub 'cause they have happy hour specials (much cheaper than the arena prices). Tapwerks is ok but I prefer the Bricktown Brewery (next door to Henry Hudson's)
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#12 » by Old Man Game » Tue Nov 6, 2018 4:14 am

Andre Roberstan wrote:Courtyard's a good choice, as is Colcord (IIRC Colcord is a little more expensive, though). The 21c Hotel just went in not too long ago and it's supposed to be excellent, if a bit pricey. The downstairs bar there is called Mary Eddy's and it's awesome, though expensive again—you can get orphan barrel bourbon there, and I'm not sure there's any other place in town that offers it.

Tapwerks is a great spot nearby in Bricktown if you like beer. The Jones Assembly is a good spot too, over on Film Row. Great selection at their bar.

I've not been there myself, but Sidecar in Midtown is where most of the service industry people go when they have money and a night off—they speak highly of it. Broadway 10 is right by there too, and it's very good but upscale. Both are on 10th Street in Automobile Alley. The Manhattan in Downtown is a good spot (especially if you like Manhattans).

Personally I'd avoid most of the Bricktown bars besides Tapwerks, but that's just me.
Sidecar is really good if you want fancy drinks. Me, I'm about as happy with a PBR as anything so it's sort of wasted on me.

Sent from my Pixel using RealGM mobile app
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#13 » by NaturalThunder » Wed Nov 7, 2018 10:00 pm

We stayed at the same hotel as spearsy posted the last time we went.

We did Tapwerks before and after the game, but I'm a bit of a beer guy/beer snob. Loved their wide selection.

There's a pizza place we tried not far from the arena the next before we left that we really liked. The name escapes me right now, though.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Old Man Game » Thu Nov 8, 2018 12:56 pm

NaturalThunder wrote:We stayed at the same hotel as spearsy posted the last time we went.

We did Tapwerks before and after the game, but I'm a bit of a beer guy/beer snob. Loved their wide selection.

There's a pizza place we tried not far from the arena the next before we left that we really liked. The name escapes me right now, though.

The Wedge? Hideaway?
ThadMan
Junior

Post#15 » by ThadMan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:33 am

Cheers everyone much appreciated for all the help! Will definitely check out the food and beer places. What's everyone's advice for buying tickets? Stub hub? Or through nba tickets itself? Thanks.

ThunderCeltic
Junior
And1: 358

Post#16 » by ThunderCeltic » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:17 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
NaturalThunder wrote:We stayed at the same hotel as spearsy posted the last time we went.

The Wedge? Hideaway?

Definitely the Wedge in Deep Deuce area north of Bricktown. Some of the other pubs in Bricktown have pizza as well (Tapwerks, Bricktown Brewery) but the Wedge is the bomb!
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Old Man Game » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:18 pm

ThunderCeltic wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:

The Wedge? Hideaway?

Definitely the Wedge in Deep Deuce area north of Bricktown. Some of the other pubs in Bricktown have pizza as well (Tapwerks, Bricktown Brewery) but the Wedge is the bomb!

I just love the ambiance of that place. You can sort of smell the wood fired pizza oven and the aroma really sets the mood.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder