Other (specify below)
No votes

Total votes: 15

spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Re: 11/2 | G8: Oklahoma City Thunder at Washington Wizards - 7PM CST 

Post#121 » by spearsy23 » Sun Nov 4, 2018 9:47 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote: I'm going to guess that he's more like Russ and is from the Iverson school of why are we talking about practice and film and crap when there are games to play.

That's not what Russ is like at all.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,026

Post#122 » by slick_watts » Sun Nov 4, 2018 1:40 pm

Thunder Up wrote:
slick_watts wrote:
Thunder Up wrote:
No, I was one of the guys who confident that a former superstar who was a solid catch and shoot threat in his career would be a solid catch and shoot guy on this team where he'd get wide open looks... then he forgot what a basketball was

irrationality is irrationality no matter which way you lean, brother.

It's irrational to believe in facts?

facts aren't facts just because you say they are facts. claiming nobody on the jazz roster could defend westbrook in the pnr when they had the 2nd best pnr defense in the league last year is about as factual as the least rational doom and gloom on this site's board.

there's other sunshine nonsense you've said before too on here, but the gist is that you don't get to call anyone else irrational with what you view as pessimism when you are consistently irrational with what most would view as optimism.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#123 » by getrichordie » Sun Nov 4, 2018 8:41 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:Schroder is just a lesser version of Russ. He is smaller as in tiny as in standing next to him I really can't believe he is a NBA player! He is not the ball handler that Russ is. He can't penetrate a defense the way Russ does. He can't finish at the rim the way Russ does. He makes worse decisions than Russ. He shoots worse than Russ. That isn't to see that Schroder is bad at ball handling, penetrating or finishing, but he isn't as good at them as Russ. The one thing Schroder is better at than Russ is passing. Russ isn't going to suddenly become a pinpoint passer so that is irrelevant. I'm also not saying Russ is a bad passer, but Schroder is in that elite tier of passing ability with CP, Stockton, Nash, etc. Russ is not on THAT level and never will be. Schroder does not have as good of an overall game as anyone else I mentioned and never will.

Unless Schroder is a film room junkie, like Kobe famously was, and can pass something from that on to Russ there is NOTHING that Schoder can teach Russ about basketball. I've never heard of Schroder being focused on film and I'm going to guess that he's more like Russ and is from the Iverson school of why are we talking about practice and film and crap when there are games to play.

Schroder can play off ball where Russ hasn’t shown until now that he can create some off-ball action. Schroder also is great at getting his teammates involved.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
[twitter] @thunderdustin
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#124 » by spearsy23 » Sun Nov 4, 2018 8:57 pm

getrichordie wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:Schroder is just a lesser version of Russ. He is smaller as in tiny as in standing next to him I really can't believe he is a NBA player! He is not the ball handler that Russ is. He can't penetrate a defense the way Russ does. He can't finish at the rim the way Russ does. He makes worse decisions than Russ. He shoots worse than Russ. That isn't to see that Schroder is bad at ball handling, penetrating or finishing, but he isn't as good at them as Russ. The one thing Schroder is better at than Russ is passing. Russ isn't going to suddenly become a pinpoint passer so that is irrelevant. I'm also not saying Russ is a bad passer, but Schroder is in that elite tier of passing ability with CP, Stockton, Nash, etc. Russ is not on THAT level and never will be. Schroder does not have as good of an overall game as anyone else I mentioned and never will.

Unless Schroder is a film room junkie, like Kobe famously was, and can pass something from that on to Russ there is NOTHING that Schoder can teach Russ about basketball. I've never heard of Schroder being focused on film and I'm going to guess that he's more like Russ and is from the Iverson school of why are we talking about practice and film and crap when there are games to play.

Schroder can play off ball where Russ hasn’t shown until now that he can create some off-ball action. Schroder also is great at getting his teammates involved.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Are you sure you know which one Dennis schroder is? Everytime you say something about him it's like the complete opposite of his reality.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder