2019 NBA Draft thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Mattv
Junior
And1: 33

Re: 2019 NBA Draft thread 

Post#61 » by Mattv » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:51 pm

I know a lot of yall are from Oklahoma is this guy as good on the defensive side as his highlights show? Jamuni McNeace?

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#62 » by getrichordie » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:16 pm

I can absolutely see where Presti would like Isaiah Roby.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#63 » by getrichordie » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:33 pm

LaGerald Vick (Sr., Kansas) looks like he’s going to be a nice undrafted gem that could give us some guard depth. He has shot the 3 well in college.

[twitter] @thunderdustin
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#64 » by spearsy23 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:42 pm

If half the guys mentioned in this thread turn into NBA players this will be the deepest draft of all time.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Mattv
Junior

Post#65 » by Mattv » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:11 am

getrichordie wrote:I can absolutely see where Presti would like Isaiah Roby.

I like Roby. He reminds me of a young Joakim Noah with a better shot.

getrichordie
General Manager

2019 NBA Draft thread 

Post#66 » by getrichordie » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:06 am

Just looking at Tankathon’s mock, it certainly seems we are going to have decision on Lawson.

He fits in perfectly with what we are seemingly going to need this offseason. He’s a guy who is going to be able to defend 3/4 and possibly small ball 5s off the bench. And while his 3-pt shot isn’t great, he’s an intelligent player who has a solid handle and can get buckets in the post.

He’s also seems to be very decisive and I think he can probably attack the basket better than any other wing or forward that’s coming off our bench. I see his ability to attack the basket in the NBA being a little bit better than current Grant. And I think that’s the worst-case scenario for Lawson.

That’s assuming we make it to the Western Conference Finals this year. If not, Killian Tillie could be a guy we go for.

It’s looking more and more like we are definitely going to need a big as Noel is likely to opt out and I’m not sure Presti can keep Noel because he might get a short deal in the $10M range and I’m not sure Presti would want to match that.

I might be wrong on Noel, though. He could decide to opt in a take his chances the year after. Anybody want to take any educated guesses on what kind of contract Noel could land in the offseason?

And with Patterson playing like dog **** already, the draft is seemingly the best way to get a replacement. I just can’t see Presti wanting to replace Patterson’s minutes with a Tolliver or something whereas on the other hand he could get cheap young talent with upside to fill those minutes.

So a big in the draft makes a lot of sense for OKC for a lot of reasons. I think it’s easier to find a competent bench big in the draft than a competent bench wing.

[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

2019 NBA Draft thread 

Post#67 » by getrichordie » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:57 am

Certainly seems that depending on how the season shakes out that it’s Tillie vs. Lawson right now and we are taking Tillie if he’s available and Lawson if Tillie is gone.

Hell, what if Jontay Porter falls in our lap. That would be an interesting decision to make.

Tillie vs Lawson vs Porter. Who do you take?

If Presti was to move Schroder and if (big IF) we were to aim for a 6th man scorer-type in the draft, who do you think is going to be there at the end of the 1st round? Who do you think Presti would like?

My money is on Talen Horton-Tucker or Iggy Brazdeikis but I’m still researching prospects that could realistically and likely be available at the end of the first round.

I think Brazdeikis could our own version of a poor man’s Doncic coming off the bench next season.

Eric Paschall is a guy who probably ends up in the late first. If Paschall could fill Patterson’s role and play some small ball 5, I think he’s a no brainer. He actually seems like a guy Presti would like. 4-year player ready to contribute now and he’s not a wing. Another case of Presti zigging when everyone is zagging.

[twitter] @thunderdustin
Mattv
Junior

Post#68 » by Mattv » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:43 am

I would put it in this order Porter Lawson and Tillie.I also like Robert Franks we could buy 2nd and get him to replace Abrines.As for if we trade Schroder a guy like ponds would be a good a good replacement/Scorer off the bench.

Also according to tankathon Kris Wilkes,Shi#tu and Bruno Feranado all are Available mid to late 2nd round all of them fit a need for Okc and would be great pickups.

Mattv
Junior

Post#69 » by Mattv » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:55 am

JORDAN NWORA is a guy that I havent seen on any draft boards but if he does decide to declare for the draft and Okc can get him by buying a 2nd would be a great pickup. He can play 2-4 at 6'8 he got a good jumper and is a smart on the floor.

getrichordie
General Manager

Post#70 » by getrichordie » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:15 am

Mattv wrote:JORDAN NWORA is a guy that I havent seen on any draft boards but if he does decide to declare for the draft and Okc can get him by buying a 2nd would be a great pickup. He can play 2-4 at 6'8 he got a good jumper and is a smart on the floor.

I agree. I’m a big Nwora fan but I see him as a early 2nd rounder and his stock could rise as high as late first. He’s really good.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Mattv
Junior

Post#71 » by Mattv » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:39 pm

getrichordie wrote:
Mattv wrote:JORDAN NWORA is a guy that I havent seen on any draft boards but if he does decide to declare for the draft and Okc can get him by buying a 2nd would be a great pickup. He can play 2-4 at 6'8 he got a good jumper and is a smart on the floor.

I agree. I’m a big Nwora fan but I see him as a early 2nd rounder and his stock could rise as high as late first. He’s really good.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Maybe if he's gone by the time we can take a flyer on his teammate Malik Williams.

Mattv
Junior

Post#72 » by Mattv » Wed Jan 2, 2019 4:10 pm

Bennie Boatwright is another late 2nd round pick player that would fill a need for Okc.. https://youtu.be/-qLAbs1iJD4

getrichordie
General Manager

Post#73 » by getrichordie » Wed Jan 2, 2019 5:17 pm

Mattv wrote:Bennie Boatwright is another late 2nd round pick player that would fill a need for Okc.. https://youtu.be/-qLAbs1iJD4

Good find. I can see us picking up Boatwright for the OKC Blue. Looks like a power forward version of Nader.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Mattv
Junior

Post#74 » by Mattv » Wed Jan 2, 2019 7:21 pm

getrichordie wrote:
Mattv wrote:Bennie Boatwright is another late 2nd round pick player that would fill a need for Okc.. https://youtu.be/-qLAbs1iJD4

Good find. I can see us picking up Boatwright for the OKC Blue. Looks like a power forward version of Nader.
I kinda like the Nader comparison but I see more upside with Boatwright. If he can get a little more size to his body he can even be a small ball 5 that can stretch the floor and has a really good step back jumper.He Reminds me of Sabonis but seems a little more athletic.

Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#75 » by Dn4sty » Thu Jan 3, 2019 6:49 am

Mattv wrote:I know a lot of yall are from Oklahoma is this guy as good on the defensive side as his highlights show? Jamuni McNeace?

I’ve watched him a bunch. He’s improved a ton, but is skinny as a rail. He’s a fouling machine, but crazy athletic.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,212

Post#76 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Feb 9, 2019 6:11 pm

Does anyone who watches more college basketball than me have any thoughts on Nickeil Alexander-Walker?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,906

Post#77 » by Dn4sty » Sat Feb 9, 2019 6:24 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Does anyone who watches more college basketball than me have any thoughts on Nickeil Alexander-Walker?

Isn’t he projected to be in lottery? Even top 10?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Feb 9, 2019 7:20 pm

Dn4sty wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Does anyone who watches more college basketball than me have any thoughts on Nickeil Alexander-Walker?

Isn’t he projected to be in lottery? Even top 10?

Depends where you look. When I read the mock drafts I’ll see a guy in the top 15 in one draft and then someone else will have him late second round.

Have you watched him play?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#79 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:01 pm

Kris Wilkes is a guy I've seen us listed to take and who consistently appears in our range of the draft. We don't really need another guard but he kind of fits the athletic profile we tend to prefer.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:16 pm

I’ve been thinking about what I consider realistic best case scenarios. I think saving money will be important this offseason. If Dennis can regain some value then maybe he’s moved for a deal that allows us to save some money by taking back a worse player but move up/swap draft picks. I’m not talking a huge jump in the draft because I don’t thunk Dennis has that kind of value. Maybe move up in to the teens? OKC drafts a pg that they can groom behind Russ for the next couple of years and hopefully have enough upside to transition over as Russ nears the end of his contract.

I think you could also make the case for a backup big as well since Noel is likely gone next season. Buying a second round pick in the same range seems like a possibility too.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder