Total votes: 16

slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,024

Re: 11/7 | G10: Oklahoma City Thunder at Cleveland Cavaliers - 6PM CST 

Post#121 » by slick_watts » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:25 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Bergmaniac wrote:Schroder had a very good game scoring wise, but as a playmaker he was atrocious, he only started actually looking for his teammates in the last few minutes and made a number of good passes which got them quite a few good looks and got several fouls drawn, before that he was calling his own number every time when he ran a pick and roll. It was very obvious he wanted to get his own points first and only decided to care about the result once the Cavs got close towards the end of the game. Zero assists as the main ballhandler against an atrocious defensive team is pretty remarkable.

Didn't realize the assist thing until someone on reddit noted it after the game, but yeah that's weird and not a good thing for the offense. But at least it flows now that Westbrook doesn't clog it up.

so far as i can tell it is the first time this year a point guard has recorded zero assists playing 30+ minutes. last season it was very rare as well. discounting pg who play with lebron, jamal murray seems like the only one who did it last year more than once.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#122 » by bondom34 » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:26 pm

Just want to note that Jordan Clarkson had more assists than the Thunder starters and 2 fewer than the whole team.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#123 » by RalphSampsonJr » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:37 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
slick_watts wrote:i'm laughing at the dude who said this is an easy schedule so no westbrook would be fine.

slick_watts wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:
Mean while Vic has 24 at the half and beating boston with buzzer beaters. Sabonis even putting up 13 and 10! Owell

depending on how good sabonis ends up, and it's looking like he could be a top 10 big in the nba maybe, the george trade might be looked at the same way as the harden trade down the line.

Here we go. One lackluster game and you're back in full form. You're licke a heckler who shouts things at players when they can't hear you. :roll:

Dn4sty wrote:I’d bet a significant amount of money that Felton didn’t work out or do anything basketball related till training camp after Schroder was acquired.

Raymond Felton is now 2nd in USG% on this team at 29.8 %. It is really unfortunate that Donovan can't tell him to stop **** shooting.

------------------------------

A win is a win, but man, this so called "offense" without Russ out there driving it is just beyond horrible. I doesn't look like they're doing much at all most of the time. Instead of pushing the pace against the worst defense in the league, they sleepwalk it up the court, get into their standing positions for the rest of the possession and then watch two guys trying to do something. No sets, just trying to create a little bit of space in the PnR or post somebody up. They went from a 107 pace in those games Westrook played to 98 last night. Why? It's not like Westbrook is the only guy that is phyiscally able to run. The Cavs have been allowing the 8th most opposing fast break points per 100 possessions. Take advantage of that.
They missed some weird shots tonight (most airballs in two weeks probably), but they didn't even attempt to create them all that much. Schröder played 34 minutes and had 8 potential assists. Russ has been averaging 17 in 32 minutes. That's just not going to cut it. Nobody's moving and everybody's settling. Run some sets. Donovan knows what that is, right?

George-Adams without Westbrook now at a 94 ORtG in 113 minutes. That's a 24pp100p swing and flat out embarassing. Nobody in this league is good enough for that kind of turnaround offensively.

The lack of plays called for George spot up jumpshots is very concerning btw. Last year they had multiple ones where he came off screens and curled into good shots. This year it looks like they're hellbent on just dumping the ball into him so he can go "create". Stop that. It's not working the way you want it to. Go do what has worked and will work in the future.

Looks like Russ is literally keeping Billy employed with his play. 3 3pt attempts for PG?! 6 shots for Adams?! Dont the Cavs have the worst defense in the league??

Ive said it before. Why isnt PG being used like Klay. I know easier said than done but his slow mo driving, jumping and losing the ball is not effrctive.

Adams cant get in a groove with so few looks. He was in the driving lane at least 4 times that i can recall and didnt get a shuffle pass or anything. He posted up once. Looked ugly and that was it.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,024

Post#124 » by slick_watts » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:43 pm

schroder isn't a ball-pushing point guard. that's why the pace is lower.
Thunder Up
Senior
And1: 197

Post#125 » by Thunder Up » Fri Nov 9, 2018 3:08 am

slick_watts wrote:
Thunder Up wrote:Dennis is no where close to overpaid with the situation the Thunder were in vs stretching and waiving Melo.. they were going to either pay $9m for nothing or 15m for a perfect system fit at back-up PG / 6th man

i don't think you know what the word perfect means.

Our team is at it's best when the point guard is down hill attacking in the PnR, pulling up and hitting midrange shots or dropping off easy finishes to the big / kick outs to shooters. We have not had anyone off the bench to continue that type of play while Russ rests.

That is what Dennis Schroder does at a high level.

I don't think you or your buddy know much about the actual game of basketball beyond nerding up next level stats

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder