Paul George | 32 PTS (9-22 FG), 11 REB, 3 STL, 3 BLK
28%
Jerami Grant | 14 PTS (4-7 FG), 6 REB
6%
Steven Adams | 26 PTS (11-15 FG), 10 REB
56%
Dennis Schroder | 15 PTS (6-15 FG), 7 AST, 4 STL
No votes
Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot | 12 PTS (4-8 FG)
11%
Other (specify below)
No votes

Total votes: 18

NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Re: 11/17 | G15: Oklahoma City Thunder at Phoenix Suns - 8PM CST 

Post#81 » by NaturalThunder » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:15 am

And on the whole TLC debate...the guy can't shoot. We've already got more than enough wing players who can't shoot. You don't want to take his minutes away from Abrines because Abrines is one of only two semi-competent to competent three-point shooters that we have on the roster.

Other than the fact that he can't shoot, though, he did look like a player tonight that, at the very least, does maybe deserve some run with the regular rotation. Diallo and Ferguson can't shoot either, and TLC does look like to be at least as competent as them in every other facet of the game. Of course tonight was just one game against a bottom 3 team so who knows.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#82 » by Old Man Game » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:45 am

Did they just have some cap reason for not playing TLC? Like, did they think they'd rather spend time developing guys who could be back and TLC couldn't? Seems obvious to me he's better than Burton at a minimum. If its just basketball decisions he should be getting spot minutes on nights where we're thin from injury, absence or fouls.
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#83 » by NaturalThunder » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:46 am

And on the whole TLC debate...the guy can't shoot. We've already got more than enough wing players who can't shoot. You don't want to take his minutes away from Abrines because Abrines is one of only two semi-competent to competent three-point shooters that we have on the roster.

Other than the fact that he can't shoot, though, he did look like a player tonight that, at the very least, does maybe deserve some run with the regular rotation. Diallo and Ferguson can't shoot either, and TLC does look like to be at least as competent as them in every other facet of the game. Of course tonight was just one game against a bottom 3 team so who knows.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#84 » by Pillendreher » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:35 am

Tough win, but I'll take it considering the circumstances. Down four (!) rotation guards, including the best defender and the best player overall. Schröder had a meh game. George a little bit sloppy, but great defensively. TLC was forcing it a little bit to start the game, but I think he gave the team a solid contribution. Adams excellent yet again.

Time for Russ to get back on the court!
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#85 » by Pillendreher » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:47 am

You have to be happy with the little things: This current hot streak fromt he FT line with 87.5 % from the line over the last three games is the first time since April 2017 (!!!) that this team has managed to make at least 80 % of his FTs three games in a row. That has also helped the team to stay above 55 TS% three games in a row despite missing its best offensive player.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

11/17 | G15: Oklahoma City Thunder at Phoenix Suns - 8PM CST 

Post#86 » by getrichordie » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:13 pm

Pillendreher wrote:You have to be happy with the little things: This current hot streak fromt he FT line with 87.5 % from the line over the last three games is the first time since April 2017 (!!!) that this team has managed to make at least 80 % of his FTs three games in a row. That has also helped the team to stay above 55 TS% three games in a row despite missing its best offensive player.

Came here to point out the free throw shooting. Let’s hope this hot streak continues.

Westbrook coming back means Team FT% is going to dip, though.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
[twitter] @thunderdustin

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder