Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Re: Tyler Davis Appreciation Thread 

Post#3 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:08 pm

getrichordie wrote:Damn, what did he do to deserve this?

Suck at professional basketball.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Thabo Sefolosha
Thunder Forum The Opening Tip
And1: 6,506

Post#4 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:17 pm

Read on Twitter
Mattv
Junior
And1: 33

Post#5 » by Mattv » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:17 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:

The mans has been killing it in the G-league not sure if it would transfer to the Nba but we might need him next year.Why did we not just sign Donte Grantham to a ten day contract if we liked what we saw give him another one or sign him?

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app
Thabo Sefolosha

Post#6 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:32 am

Mattv wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

The mans has been killing it in the G-league not sure if it would transfer to the Nba but we might need him next year.Why did we not just sign Donte Grantham to a ten day contract if we liked what we saw give him another one or sign him?

10-day contracts aren't available yet. According to Mike Schmitz at the G-League showcase, Grantham was on a radar for NBA teams.
Mattv
Junior

Post#7 » by Mattv » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:38 am

I believe the 10 day contracts start January the 1st right?Dont get me wrong I like the pickup but If I'm right Gramnthan can only play for Okc 15 games because he was picked up later in the season.Do you know if that correct or not?

Thabo Sefolosha

Post#8 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:37 am

Mattv wrote:I believe the 10 day contracts start January the 1st right?Dont get me wrong I like the pickup but If I'm right Gramnthan can only play for Okc 15 games because he was picked up later in the season.Do you know if that correct or not?

Not sure where you got approx 15 games. He's signed to a two-way contract which allows him 45 days called up to the Thunder, excluding travel days. They'll just send him back and forth to save days just like what they're doing with Burton.
Mattv
Junior

Post#9 » by Mattv » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:02 am

Okay here is what I read.It is more than 15 days but he want get the full 45 days the way I understand.

If a team waives a two-way player midseason, can they sign another one?
Yes. However a player signed mid-season will have a prorated amount of NBA days to use. So, if he’s signed exactly halfway through the season, then he could get 22–23 days with the NBA club (not the original 45 a player gets if they sign before the season).
How teams will utilize these deals mid-season is yet to be seen. Some will certainly be waived, while some may be converted to standard NBA contracts. Either option will open another spot for a new player to potentially get an NBA look.

Thabo Sefolosha

Post#10 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:11 am

Mattv wrote:Okay here is what I read.It is more than 15 days but he want get the full 45 days the way I understand.

Yes. However a player signed mid-season will have a prorated amount of NBA days to use. So, if he’s signed exactly halfway through the season, then he could get 22–23 days with the NBA club (not the original 45 a player gets if they sign before the season).
How teams will utilize these deals mid-season is yet to be seen. Some will certainly be waived, while some may be converted to standard NBA contracts. Either option will open another spot for a new player to potentially get an NBA look.

Interesting, never heard of that portion before. Where'd you get that info from?
Mattv
Junior

Post#11 » by Mattv » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:12 am

Mattv
Junior

Post#12 » by Mattv » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:30 am

Thabo Sefolosha wrote:
Mattv wrote:Okay here is what I read.It is more than 15 days but he want get the full 45 days the way I understand.

Interesting, never heard of that portion before. Where'd you get that info from?

https://2ways10days.com/nba-two-way-contracts-faq-70d1c9cbbe9

The only reason I knew it was I was looking it we could sign Billy Preston when the cavs waived him and ran across it.

getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#13 » by getrichordie » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:12 pm

Mattv wrote:
Thabo Sefolosha wrote:

https://2ways10days.com/nba-two-way-contracts-faq-70d1c9cbbe9

The only reason I knew it was I was looking it we could sign Billy Preston when the cavs waived him and ran across it.

Good work, Matt. Thanks for the insight.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
[twitter] @thunderdustin
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#14 » by spearsy23 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:46 pm

Honestly, if he showed up as the Mavs starting center tomorrow I wouldn't even recognize him.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Mattv
Junior

Post#15 » by Mattv » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:00 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Honestly, if he showed up as the Mavs starting center tomorrow I wouldn't even recognize him.
Is seen him quite a bit when he was at Clemson he's is a smart basketball player that playes like every play is his last.He was more of a mid range shooter his first few year at Clemson but from what I read a few days ago he worked on his shooting form and increased his 3 point% 9% since his freshman year.

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Post#16 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:54 pm

Probably the most impressive thing about Tyler Davis is that he managed to have a thread go 16 posts and counting.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Mattv
Junior

Post#17 » by Mattv » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:19 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Probably the most impressive thing about Tyler Davis is that he managed to have a thread go 16 posts and counting.
He is averaging 17.2 points, 11.6 rebounds and 2 blocks in first 15 games that not a bad stat line even if it's the G-league.I not sure he's game would translate well to the nba but seems he is a solid player to go over seas and have a good Career.

getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#18 » by getrichordie » Wed Jan 2, 2019 2:49 am

Mattv wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Probably the most impressive thing about Tyler Davis is that he managed to have a thread go 16 posts and counting.
He is averaging 17.2 points, 11.6 rebounds and 2 blocks in first 15 games that not a bad stat line even if it's the G-league.I not sure he's game would translate well to the nba but seems he is a solid player to go over seas and have a good Career.

Davis is too slow for the NBA, tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
[twitter] @thunderdustin

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder