Who do you want starting: Roberson or Furgeson?

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Who do you want starting: Roberson or Furgeson?

Andre Roberson
61%
Tarrance Furgeson
39%

Total votes: 18

RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Re: Who do you want starting: Roberson or Furgeson? 

Post#21 » by RalphSampsonJr » Sun Jan 6, 2019 4:22 pm

If Robes comes back 100% then there is no question he starts.
The fact that Tferg is defending at the level he is, in his 2nd season is pretty **** amazing though
SecondTake
Veteran
And1: 1,493

Post#22 » by SecondTake » Sun Jan 6, 2019 11:22 pm

RalphSampsonJr wrote:If Robes comes back 100% then there is no question he starts.
The fact that Tferg is defending at the level he is, in his 2nd season is pretty **** amazing though

Especially because his defense last year was hot garbage.
sleestak33
Junior
And1: 150

Post#23 » by sleestak33 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 10:43 am

Is this seriously being posted as an actual question? Wow. Just wow. Roberson is done in the NBA and I said it when that injury happened. Well over 50% of pro athletes who have torn their patellar tendon have had their career ended and only around 15% have gone on to be anywhere close to what they were before. Clearly he is not recovering well and he had another procedure done so it's just not happening. He will not be anywhere close to what he was athletically and if he's not he's just unplayable. As far as Ferguson is concerned he's by far the worst choice available at shooting guard outside of Abrines who looks as though he's probably going to get cut. I would take Diallo, Nader, Burton or TLC. You give any of these guys the same amount of time Ferguson has had to develop they would all be much better overall players...anybody who knows basketball can easily see that. I'll tell you who would look really good though in that starting lineup is Jeremy Lamb. He's starting for Charlotte this season and averging 15.3 pts. 5.6 rbds. and 2 asts. shooting 35% on 3s. I just think it's hilarious that I got ripped on this message board for saying Presti should have chosen Lamb over Roberson and clearly I was 100% right. Funny stuff man. Imagine if they had given Lamb all the time they gave Roberson to develop how good he would be now. What a stupid decision.
hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,328

Post#24 » by hardenASG13 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 4:36 pm

sleestak33 wrote:Is this seriously being posted as an actual question? Wow. Just wow. Roberson is done in the NBA and I said it when that injury happened. Well over 50% of pro athletes who have torn their patellar tendon have had their career ended and only around 15% have gone on to be anywhere close to what they were before. Clearly he is not recovering well and he had another procedure done so it's just not happening. He will not be anywhere close to what he was athletically and if he's not he's just unplayable. As far as Ferguson is concerned he's by far the worst choice available at shooting guard outside of Abrines who looks as though he's probably going to get cut. I would take Diallo, Nader, Burton or TLC. You give any of these guys the same amount of time Ferguson has had to develop they would all be much better overall players...anybody who knows basketball can easily see that. I'll tell you who would look really good though in that starting lineup is Jeremy Lamb. He's starting for Charlotte this season and averging 15.3 pts. 5.6 rbds. and 2 asts. shooting 35% on 3s. I just think it's hilarious that I got ripped on this message board for saying Presti should have chosen Lamb over Roberson and clearly I was 100% right. Funny stuff man. Imagine if they had given Lamb all the time they gave Roberson to develop how good he would be now. What a stupid decision.

Yeah, lamb would look so good in a thunder uniform right now......that was evident when they had him too. Funny people are surprised how much guys like Ferguson and grant developed defensively with minutes. It's quite common, yet they chose to spend 5 years developing Roberson, who has no NBA skills offensively. Just a shame it went so far. I kind of think okc preferred him because they knew he'd never max out to be a high paid player, because he's so bad offensively, and they were ok with that.

To those surprised Ferguson is defending at the level he is........its all they ask him to Do! Just like Roberson before him. Any offense from him is a bonus, and it's clear his one job is to work his ass off on d for 25 minutes a night. He better be all over guys! Same thing they let Roberson develop for years to become good at. Most athletic NBA wings can do it if it is their entire job description.

It's just too bad the thunder have stubbornly stuck to that idea at sg all these years, and pulled off selling it to alot of thunder fans, in a shooters league.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,055

Post#25 » by slick_watts » Mon Jan 7, 2019 4:54 pm

goodness gracious.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#26 » by spearsy23 » Wed Jan 9, 2019 11:23 am

I wonder what RPM data would look like for last year if this year was used as the prior. Melo's defensive numbers might make Kanter blush.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
sleestak33
Junior
And1: 150

Post#27 » by sleestak33 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:08 am

hardenASG13 wrote:
sleestak33 wrote:Is this seriously being posted as an actual question? Wow. Just wow. Roberson is done in the NBA and I said it when that injury happened. Well over 50% of pro athletes who have torn their patellar tendon have had their career ended and only around 15% have gone on to be anywhere close to what they were before. Clearly he is not recovering well and he had another procedure done so it's just not happening. He will not be anywhere close to what he was athletically and if he's not he's just unplayable. As far as Ferguson is concerned he's by far the worst choice available at shooting guard outside of Abrines who looks as though he's probably going to get cut. I would take Diallo, Nader, Burton or TLC. You give any of these guys the same amount of time Ferguson has had to develop they would all be much better overall players...anybody who knows basketball can easily see that. I'll tell you who would look really good though in that starting lineup is Jeremy Lamb. He's starting for Charlotte this season and averging 15.3 pts. 5.6 rbds. and 2 asts. shooting 35% on 3s. I just think it's hilarious that I got ripped on this message board for saying Presti should have chosen Lamb over Roberson and clearly I was 100% right. Funny stuff man. Imagine if they had given Lamb all the time they gave Roberson to develop how good he would be now. What a stupid decision.

Yeah, lamb would look so good in a thunder uniform right now......that was evident when they had him too. Funny people are surprised how much guys like Ferguson and grant developed defensively with minutes. It's quite common, yet they chose to spend 5 years developing Roberson, who has no NBA skills offensively. Just a shame it went so far. I kind of think okc preferred him because they knew he'd never max out to be a high paid player, because he's so bad offensively, and they were ok with that.

To those surprised Ferguson is defending at the level he is........its all they ask him to Do! Just like Roberson before him. Any offense from him is a bonus, and it's clear his one job is to work his ass off on d for 25 minutes a night. He better be all over guys! Same thing they let Roberson develop for years to become good at. Most athletic NBA wings can do it if it is their entire job description.

It's just too bad the thunder have stubbornly stuck to that idea at sg all these years, and pulled off selling it to alot of thunder fans, in a shooters league.

Just absolutely baffling and I still can't believe they gave up on Lamb and decided for some bizarre reason to go with Roberson who clearly was never going to amount to anything more than a completely one dimensional role player who could maybe come off the bench for a team and play 14-16 minutes as a defensive pest. Lamb is a ridiculously better overall player and should have been the starter this entire time. I can only imagine how good he would be by this point. I just find it amazing that fans who aren't knowledgeable about basketball buy into guys like Perkins, Roberson and Ferguson because they see them starting over and over and assume it must be the smartest thing to do since Donovan is an NBA coach. I don't think Ferguson makes it in the NBA. I've seen enough of a sample size to say unequivocally he just doesn't have enough offensive game, especially with the emphasis that is put on shooting and scoring for shooting guards right now. Guys that can't even average 5 points with a PER of 4 just won't make it.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#28 » by Balkman32 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:53 pm

Mattv wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:Roberson back to the starting line up. He does not make sense coming off the bench. Roberson is the best defender in the league, whats the point of him coming off the bench to guard a 6th man? Putting Ferguson on the bench will also let him do work against 2nd units.
That is if Roberson come back what he was which I doubt he will.I will take a while before he even comes close to what he was.I also hope he has fixed his shot mechanics while he has been out if he can just shoot 30+% from 3 and 60+ at the line would be huge.

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app

Don't hold your breath on Roberson making his shot mechanics better. He could be back for the playoff run which gives him 3 months to get ready.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#29 » by Balkman32 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:25 pm

sleestak33 wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:

Just absolutely baffling and I still can't believe they gave up on Lamb and decided for some bizarre reason to go with Roberson who clearly was never going to amount to anything more than a completely one dimensional role player who could maybe come off the bench for a team and play 14-16 minutes as a defensive pest. Lamb is a ridiculously better overall player and should have been the starter this entire time. I can only imagine how good he would be by this point. I just find it amazing that fans who aren't knowledgeable about basketball buy into guys like Perkins, Roberson and Ferguson because they see them starting over and over and assume it must be the smartest thing to do since Donovan is an NBA coach. I don't think Ferguson makes it in the NBA. I've seen enough of a sample size to say unequivocally he just doesn't have enough offensive game, especially with the emphasis that is put on shooting and scoring for shooting guards right now. Guys that can't even average 5 points with a PER of 4 just won't make it.

Hmmmm - Lamb was not working out here in OKC. Roberson should have a Defensive player of the year award by the way he has played. Lamb was not the player in OKC that he is now today.

If you look at Lamb at this point in his career where Ferguson is right now Ferguson is destroying Lamb. Lamb was a defensive liability & didn't look like he knew where to go on the floor on either side of the ball.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder