Other (specify below)
No votes

Total votes: 5

Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Re: 1/15 | G43: Oklahoma City Thunder at Atlanta Hawks - 6:30PM CST 

Post#41 » by Jstock12 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:51 am

Some of you are really disrespecting the Hawks. They're 8-7 in their last 15 games. They're playing significantly better compared to the start of the season. Granted, it's still no excuse for those 45-point quarters. But losing against them is no different than losing against teams like Miami or Brooklyn.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#42 » by Pillendreher » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:18 am

Jstock12 wrote:Some of you are really disrespecting the Hawks. They're 8-7 in their last 15 games. They're playing significantly better compared to the start of the season. Granted, it's still no excuse for those 45-point quarters. But losing against them is no different than losing against teams like Miami or Brooklyn.
So it's like losing to bad teams?
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Post#43 » by Jstock12 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:23 am

Pillendreher wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:Some of you are really disrespecting the Hawks. They're 8-7 in their last 15 games. They're playing significantly better compared to the start of the season. Granted, it's still no excuse for those 45-point quarters. But losing against them is no different than losing against teams like Miami or Brooklyn.

Miami and Brooklyn are mediocre teams, just as Hawks have been in their last 15 games. I'm not saying it's okay to lose against them, but acting like losing against them is the same as losing against a JV team is disrespectful. The very fact that they managed to score 142 points against the 3rd best defense in the league (doesn't matter if that defense underperformed) should count for something.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,223

Post#44 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:28 am

Jstock12 wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:

Miami and Brooklyn are mediocre teams, just as Hawks have been in their last 15 games. I'm not saying it's okay to lose against them, but acting like losing against them is the same as losing against a JV team is disrespectful. The very fact that they managed to score 142 points against the 3rd best defense in the league (doesn't matter if that defense underperformed) should count for something.

Perhaps the standings at the end of the year will show that okc isn’t that good and Atlanta isn’t that bad. As things stand now, it’s a bad loss. Their last 15 games of accumulating a record of 8-7 after a horrendous start isn’t enough to merit this being an ok loss because they have basically been a .500 team for a short sample size.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#45 » by Pillendreher » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:12 pm

What are we even talking about? Atlanta is one of the worst teams on the league this season. They have the 3rd worst offense at 104.1 ORtG. And the Thunder just let them put a 130 DRtG on them.

Some of the rect struggles can be explained by players just making shots at a very high rate but not this. You actually have to make teams earn it, not get destroyed by a bunch of children running Pick and Roll.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,060

Post#46 » by slick_watts » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:30 pm

Pillendreher wrote:What are we even talking about? Atlanta is one of the worst teams on the league this season. They have the 3rd worst offense at 104.1 ORtG. And the Thunder just let them put a 130 DRtG on them.

Some of the rect struggles can be explained by players just making shots at a very high rate but not this. You actually have to make teams earn it, not get destroyed by a bunch of children running Pick and Roll.

i think it's weird how you always berate teams this way after we lose.
Pillendreher
RealGM

Post#47 » by Pillendreher » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:34 pm

slick_watts wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:What are we even talking about? Atlanta is one of the worst teams on the league this season. They have the 3rd worst offense at 104.1 ORtG. And the Thunder just let them put a 130 DRtG on them.

I would have said the same before the game or after a win. They're just plain bad. There's no way around that.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#48 » by Old Man Game » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:22 pm

slick_watts wrote:

Is he wrong? Was that not the most basic **** you've seen all year?
SecondTake
Veteran
And1: 1,493

Post#49 » by SecondTake » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:55 pm

Raijin wrote:Schroder-Diallo-Nader-2Pat-Grant to start the 2nd quarter were obliterated. Outscored by 9 in 5 minutes.

Schroder-Ferg-Diallo-Nader-2Pat started the 4th. They were also obliterated - outscored by 7 in 2 minutes! :lol:

Not a lot of time for our good players to rest... Billy has to stagger PG, or do something! Until Noel + Abrines come back this bench will continue to kill us.

Abrines? What the heck can he do? He's worse than Nader. Noel is the big problem with the bench defense. But our defense has sucked even for the starting 5.
SecondTake
Veteran

Post#50 » by SecondTake » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:57 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
NaturalThunder wrote:Yeah, our bench consists of two non-NBA players (the ones you mentioned) and right now I'm not even sure Schroder is an NBA player. He's an extremely inefficient shoot first and second point guard who can't defend any semi-competent NBA players.

Schroder is a NBA player, but he isn't a 30 minute a night NBA player. He's a 16ish MPG backup PG. The problem is that he has an inflated opinion of himself, like Melo, Reggie and Waiters did when they were here, and management seems to encouraging him to have that opinion by promising him a bigger role than he deserved and not changing his role as he has proven incapable of it.

I guess you didnt finish watching the Game. Schroder kept this team afloat in the second half.
SecondTake
Veteran

Post#51 » by SecondTake » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:00 pm

I've been saying that our defense looks bad for weeks now. Seems others are starting to admit it too now. Our P&R defense is god awful. Some of you were saying it's why we're good after our win to the trailblazers, but most of our poor defensive performances have come down to being obliterated in the P&R. Adams is not suitable to high P&R trapping. It's non nonsensical.

He should be protecting the paint and not trapping 6 foot point guards. If our team of super athletes can't even be trusted to defend guys one on one properly, then what are they good for?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,503

Post#52 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:32 pm

SecondTake wrote:I guess you didnt finish watching the Game. Schroder kept this team afloat in the second half.

I guess this is the first time you ever watched Schroder play? Yes, he is capable of a performance like that on rare occasion. If you believe he can do it on a consistent basis you either a fool or his mother.

Remember that one time Roberson shot 4-6 from 3 and the time he shot 3-3 from 3? Should we make Roberson our primary 3pt shooter if he ever gets back based on those two games or should we look at his whole body of work and realize he shouldn't be shooting 3s?
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Raijin
Freshman
And1: 105

Post#53 » by Raijin » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:26 pm

SecondTake wrote:
Raijin wrote:Schroder-Diallo-Nader-2Pat-Grant to start the 2nd quarter were obliterated. Outscored by 9 in 5 minutes.

Schroder-Ferg-Diallo-Nader-2Pat started the 4th. They were also obliterated - outscored by 7 in 2 minutes! :lol:

Not a lot of time for our good players to rest... Billy has to stagger PG, or do something! Until Noel + Abrines come back this bench will continue to kill us.

Abrines? What the heck can he do? He's worse than Nader. Noel is the big problem with the bench defense. But our defense has sucked even for the starting 5.

Abrines isn't worse than Nader. :lol:

The starting 5 defence has not sucked. Did you completely ignore the lineup data I gave you?
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#54 » by spearsy23 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:52 pm

They are who we thought they were.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
SecondTake
Veteran

Post#55 » by SecondTake » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:38 pm

Raijin wrote:
SecondTake wrote:

Abrines isn't worse than Nader. :lol:

The starting 5 defence has not sucked. Did you completely ignore the lineup data I gave you?

Abrines

PER: 6.6
WS: 0.8
WS/48: .064

3P%: 32.3%
Per 36: 10/3/1.3

ORTG: 104
DRTG: 109

NADER

PER: 12.1
WS: 0.5
WS/48: .107

3P%: 42%
Per 36: 16/6/1

ORTG: 111
DRTG: 108

Abrines has been terrible, Nader is doing everything better on the offensive end. He's a worse defender, but Abrines is hardly a great defender either, he's only out there for his offense which he isn't providing.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#56 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:11 am

Donovan is terrible coach. Thanks to WB-PG OKC can win games.
But when he insist to play 2nd team without any starters this hapa·pol·o·gist
pens. Good coaches can manage to find a solid game plan for their 2nd unit. Donovan is clueless. So he must put one of the stars out there. Or if you're going to rest PG-WB at same time at least put other starters in those minutes.

Snyder whipped his ass at last years playoff. Jazz team isnt better than this team but I'd bet for them in a playoff matchup since one team has a coach.

Some Donovan apologist trying to paint Hawks team as a mediocre team. They're a tanking team.
Yes they can have stretches of 0.5 win ratio for couple games. That doesnt mean its normal for them to score 140 over you.
One thing I hated most last year was that OKC cant win any easy games. And when I turn yesterdays game on I said its another Donovan disaster again.
GSW win their games in 3 quarters. Other contenders are getting good leads and get in cruise control to finish the game against tanking teams like ATL.

OKC must be able to seal games easier. That way they can stay fresh and play elite D when its needed.
This roster is best defensive roster of the NBA. Unfortunately they rely on high effort to stay as good defensive team.
1bigfan13
Pro Prospect
And1: 817

Post#57 » by 1bigfan13 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:56 am

1bigfan13 wrote:I assume the Thunder will be losing to the Lebron-less Lakers and the NY Knick as well because that's what they do. Mail it in versus struggling teams.

I called the loss to the Lakers. Now watch the Knicks, jet lag and all, run these losers out of the gym on Monday afternoon.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder