Other (specify below)
No votes

Total votes: 10

Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,284

Re: 2/14 | G57: Oklahoma City Thunder at New Orleans Pelicans - 7PM CST 

Post#81 » by Old Man Game » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Noel is probably still smarting from missing out on that 70 million that Dallas offered him. I would presume he'll want every cent he can get at this point, basketball situation be damned and I'm not sure I could be blame him.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,492

Post#82 » by Bergmaniac » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:18 pm

Poor Adams looks exhausted, I don't get why he plays so many minutes when you have probably the best backup centre in the league and play at a breakneck pace. George finally looked human, no wonder he is tired right now too after all the work he put all season and especially lately.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Post#83 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:21 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:Poor Adams looks exhausted, I don't get why he plays so many minutes when you have probably the best backup centre in the league and play at a breakneck pace. George finally looked human, no wonder he is tired right now too after all the work he put all season and especially lately.

Queuing billy Donovan pic...
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#84 » by RalphSampsonJr » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:03 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:Poor Adams looks exhausted, I don't get why he plays so many minutes when you have probably the best backup centre in the league and play at a breakneck pace. George finally looked human, no wonder he is tired right now too after all the work he put all season and especially lately.

Hes played 1866 minutes this season. More than Tatum, Hield Doncic and D Mitchell for godsake.

If he injured sit him, if hes this tired sit him.
You dont just play this poorly for no reason. He looks awful out there.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,492

Post#85 » by Bergmaniac » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:09 pm

Only centre who's played more MPG this season than ADams is Capella, but the Rockets had no backups for him at all for large portion of the season, and of course he got injured himself. Plus the Rockets play at a snail's pace on offense.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Post#86 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:18 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:Only centre who's played more MPG this season than ADams is Capella, but the Rockets had no backups for him at all for large portion of the season, and of course he got injured himself. Plus the Rockets play at a snail's pace on offense.

Multiple people on this board have mentioned the need to adjust his minutes but Adams' high minutes continue and so does his declining performance.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#87 » by Pillendreher » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:17 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:Only centre who's played more MPG this season than ADams is Capella, but the Rockets had no backups for him at all for large portion of the season, and of course he got injured himself. Plus the Rockets play at a snail's pace on offense.
Compared to 15/16,Adams is on the floor for 20 more possessions per game (53 vs 73). 58 games this season equal the full 15/16 workload for him.
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
JustOneFix
Analyst
And1: 408

Post#88 » by JustOneFix » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:30 pm

Damn idiots. Couple of months from now when they'll travel to Denver for game 7 of the second round, this is the game they'll think about.

They really had to spoil what was a perfect all star break.
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#89 » by Pillendreher » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:12 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
Compared to 15/16,Adams is on the floor for 20 more possessions per game (53 vs 73). 58 games this season equal the full 15/16 workload for him.

I just checked the whole league: Adams is 9th overall in possessions played and 11th in possessions per game. That might be a tad too much since this has been happening basically every season and always in January/February...
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,018

Post#90 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:30 pm

Hope we can give him some rest now that Markieff is there. We don't have many easy games left to sit Adams (maybe against the grizzlies)
SecondTake
Veteran
And1: 1,493

Post#91 » by SecondTake » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:53 pm

Russ is improving from the FT line and attacking the paint a lot more aggressively lately. He's still inconsistent, but he's looking like he's slowly returning to last years form.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,018

Post#92 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:16 pm

SecondTake wrote:Russ is improving from the FT line and attacking the paint a lot more aggressively lately. He's still inconsistent, but he's looking like he's slowly returning to last years form.

I'm betting on Russ playing better during the playoffs while PG13 not being that hot anymore :(
SecondTake
Veteran

Post#93 » by SecondTake » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:29 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
SecondTake wrote:Russ is improving from the FT line and attacking the paint a lot more aggressively lately. He's still inconsistent, but he's looking like he's slowly returning to last years form.

I'm betting on Russ playing better during the playoffs while PG13 not being that hot anymore :(

Hopefully PG drains his elbows before the playoffs start this time.
sleestak33
Junior
And1: 150

Post#94 » by sleestak33 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:27 pm

Not that worried about this loss although I didn't like seeing Russ and PG going 7-31 on 3 pointers which is just ludicrous. I've always said at some point in a game when you're missing shots you have to change your gameplan and they just wouldn't stop jacking them up. Obviously if OKC had Schroeder and Grant they win this game and the shot selection would have been different so no biggie. Love the acquisition of Markieff Morris and that should pretty much spell the end of minutes for Patterson who is the last weak link in the rotation they needed to completely eliminate. Now that Roberson, Abrines and Patterson are out they really won't have a weak link that's getting minutes and that just makes them that much better. The only other upgrade they really need now is just for Russ to somehow find his midrange jumper and start shooting free throws better. Hopefully he can do that by the time the playoffs start.
hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#95 » by hardenASG13 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:47 pm

sleestak33 wrote:Not that worried about this loss although I didn't like seeing Russ and PG going 7-31 on 3 pointers which is just ludicrous. I've always said at some point in a game when you're missing shots you have to change your gameplan and they just wouldn't stop jacking them up. Obviously if OKC had Schroeder and Grant they win this game and the shot selection would have been different so no biggie. Love the acquisition of Markieff Morris and that should pretty much spell the end of minutes for Patterson who is the last weak link in the rotation they needed to completely eliminate. Now that Roberson, Abrines and Patterson are out they really won't have a weak link that's getting minutes and that just makes them that much better. The only other upgrade they really need now is just for Russ to somehow find his midrange jumper and start shooting free throws better. Hopefully he can do that by the time the playoffs start.

Yep, best team they 've had since 2016. See them as the favorites over anyone but GSW, pg/Russ as good a top 2 as any besides durant/curry, roberson less supporting cast is capable of delivering enough shooting to play with anyone else, finally. Love how none of the Roberson boys will even discuss how he isn't being missed.

When it's pointed out that adding a complete non shooting wing to this team who just is known for defense and playing him 30 mpg would be crazy, nobody can argue it. That is and has been Roberson. Slick has tried to liken him to some jokic level unique talent.....the guy had never made all defensive first team! It could be argued he should've, but he's not some ultra elite game changer on D. He's just a very good defender, whose defense has been overhyped significantly over the years due to his embarrassing offense. He's not missed. Haven't been many times this year when I've thought, man, they could really use 1 more guard out there who doesn't create or dribble in the halfcourt, draw any team fouls on the d, and can't shoot 3s or a basketball in general off the dribble......but he makes guys shoot a few percentage points worse on defense. Like, haven't thought that once. They don't need it, nobody in the NBA does. You must be loving this season as much as I am (and as much as some on here seem to be inexplicably hating it)
SecondTake
Veteran

Post#96 » by SecondTake » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:29 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
sleestak33 wrote:Not that worried about this loss although I didn't like seeing Russ and PG going 7-31 on 3 pointers which is just ludicrous. I've always said at some point in a game when you're missing shots you have to change your gameplan and they just wouldn't stop jacking them up. Obviously if OKC had Schroeder and Grant they win this game and the shot selection would have been different so no biggie. Love the acquisition of Markieff Morris and that should pretty much spell the end of minutes for Patterson who is the last weak link in the rotation they needed to completely eliminate. Now that Roberson, Abrines and Patterson are out they really won't have a weak link that's getting minutes and that just makes them that much better. The only other upgrade they really need now is just for Russ to somehow find his midrange jumper and start shooting free throws better. Hopefully he can do that by the time the playoffs start.

Yep, best team they 've had since 2016. See them as the favorites over anyone but GSW, pg/Russ as good a top 2 as any besides durant/curry, roberson less supporting cast is capable of delivering enough shooting to play with anyone else, finally. Love how none of the Roberson boys will even discuss how he isn't being missed.

When it's pointed out that adding a complete non shooting wing to this team who just is known for defense and playing him 30 mpg would be crazy, nobody can argue it. That is and has been Roberson. Slick has tried to liken him to some jokic level unique talent.....the guy had never made all defensive first team! It could be argued he should've, but he's not some ultra elite game changer on D. He's just a very good defender, whose defense has been overhyped significantly over the years due to his embarrassing offense. He's not missed. Haven't been many times this year when I've thought, man, they could really use 1 more guard out there who doesn't create or dribble in the halfcourt, draw any team fouls on the d, and can't shoot 3s or a basketball in general off the dribble......but he makes guys shoot a few percentage points worse on defense. Like, haven't thought that once. They don't need it, nobody in the NBA does. You must be loving this season as much as I am (and as much as some on here seem to be inexplicably hating it)

Woah, woah, woah man... You started out strong but things went downhill fast once you brought up Roberson. We're playing good without him, and I'm not sure if I'd give up Ferg in the starting lineup for Rob, but depending on the matchup and in game context having Roberson on this team would make it better, not worse. If you're up in the 4th against a team like GSW you want Roberson out there locking guys down and helping protect that lead. Him and Noel would be a defensive nightmare off the bench, and you have either Russ or PG around them at all times, plus Morris and Deonte/Nader who can create all create some scoring opportunities.
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#97 » by RalphSampsonJr » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:58 pm

SecondTake wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:

Woah, woah, woah man... You started out strong but things went downhill fast once you brought up Roberson. We're playing good without him, and I'm not sure if I'd give up Ferg in the starting lineup for Rob, but depending on the matchup and in game context having Roberson on this team would make it better, not worse. If you're up in the 4th against a team like GSW you want Roberson out there locking guys down and helping protect that lead. Him and Noel would be a defensive nightmare off the bench, and you have either Russ or PG around them at all times, plus Morris and Deonte/Nader who can create all create some scoring opportunities.

These two are the co captains of the anti Roberson fan club. dont try and justify Robes value to them, its an absolute waste of time.
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#98 » by hardenASG13 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:50 pm

SecondTake wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:

Off the bench in spot minutes? Sure, that makes sense. Handing him 30mpg when matchups don't dictate it never did. Okc could've been the Warriors if they replaced him with an starting caliber shooter.
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#99 » by hardenASG13 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:54 pm

RalphSampsonJr wrote:
SecondTake wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:

These two are the co captains of the anti Roberson fan club. dont try and justify Robes value to them, its an absolute waste of time.

You're right, as I will never see it.

But can you tell me where they are missing him?

Also, would you be on board adding a sg who never draws team fouls on the d, doesn't create anything for others because he never collapses the d, can't shoot a basketball off the dribble, can't shoot 3s, isnt even closed out to on the 3pt line, and can't hit a free throw, but plays almost all NBA level defense and giving him 30mpg? Would it make sense? Because that is what Roberson is........
sleestak33
Junior
And1: 150

Post#100 » by sleestak33 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:05 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:
SecondTake wrote:

You're right, as I will never see it.

But can you tell me where they are missing him?

Also, would you be on board adding a sg who never draws team fouls on the d, doesn't create anything for others because he never collapses the d, can't shoot a basketball off the dribble, can't shoot 3s, isnt even closed out to on the 3pt line, and can't hit a free throw, but plays almost all NBA level defense and giving him 30mpg? Would it make sense? Because that is what Roberson is........

I've maintained that since OKC got rid of Jeremy Lamb to keep Roberson that it was a colossal mistake and just like I figured I was 100% correct and anybody who is remotely knowledgeable about the NBA or just basketball in general can look at the 2 players and easily see that Lamb is a far superior overall player. I'm on board with Ferguson now since he's finally showing he can produce double digit points consistently but I still would much rather have Lamb. They're obviously not missing Roberson at all and they're a better team if Ferguson can just be consistent shooting and scoring. Like I said though I really like the roster now that Patterson is pretty much going to get taken out of the rotation. You're only as good as your weakest link and without Roberson, Patterson and Abrines I really don't see anybody that's going to be in the rotation that doesn't produce consistently and Morris gives them that much more offensive firepower which they'll need in the playoffs. I just really hope Westbrook gets his midrange jumper back and fixes his free throws. It's odd watching him struggle for this long.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder