Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Player(s) of the Game

Paul George | 45 PTS (17-31 FG, 5-13 3P), 9 REB, 7 AST
65%
Jerami Grant | 18 PTS (6-10 FG, 3-4 3P), 3 BLK
No votes
Steven Adams | 16 PTS (7-14 FG), 10 REB, 3 AST, 5 STL
4%
Terrance Ferguson | 12 PTS (5-8 FG, 2-5 3P)
No votes
Russell Westbrook | 43 PTS (15-29 FG, 6-13 3P), 15 REB, 8 AST
30%
Other (specify below)
No votes

Total votes: 23

sleestak33
Junior
And1: 150

Re: 2/22 | G58: Utah Jazz at Oklahoma City Thunder - 8:30PM CST 

Post#81 » by sleestak33 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:44 am

Just a fantastic game and finish by PG. Considering PG is a better defender than KD he is having a season that I really don't know if KD was still here that he could match and that's not being a homer. It's astonishing how much better he is than last year and a lot of that goes to not having Carmelo here mucking up the offense and Russ giving up the ball eariler in possessions. This team is really fun to watch now that they really have no more weak links (Patterson and Roberson) and I really think by the time the playoffs start if Russ can somehow solidify his midrange shot and his free throws they have a great chance of making the Western conference finals and maybe giving the Warriors a run for their money. One of the better NBA games I've ever watched.
JustOneFix
Analyst
And1: 408

Post#82 » by JustOneFix » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:25 pm

Happy that we won the game, but that was one lucky win. I was not pleased with the overall performance at all. We got outrebounded badly and the entire bench unit was beyond horrible. Westbrook and George were phenomenal but overall, that was not a good game by any means.

I hope it's just a rust after a week of rest....
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#83 » by Pillendreher » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:40 pm

Russ goes for 43/15/8 on 64.4 TS% and nobody even cares because George is that good:

Read on Twitter

And the guy is feeling himself so much:

Read on Twitter

:lol:
"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect
And1: 584

Post#84 » by RalphSampsonJr » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:32 pm

CROklahoma wrote:They were feasting on Adams whole game, thats what kept Utah in the game after 3rd.

Dont get whats Donovan doing, Sam got him legitimate backup C and he is waiving with towel all night. Such a dumb coaching staff is something that wont get us over the hump in playoffs, nothing is changing for 3 years ...

Could've easily put Morris to create some mismatch on offensive end, considering Adams couldnt grab a clean board whole night.

Just go straight up offense no defense strategy throughout final 3rd of season and put Morris or PPat as centre, either Adams is really banged or he is tanking ...

Couldnt get a board? Dude had 7 offensive boards. Against the best defensive center in the league.

Noel was a -18 in 10 minutes.

Morris got 2 fouls on him in his 1st 5 minutes.. but yea lets chuck him on one of the best defensive players in the league for his first thunder game..

Adams was a team high +19 in 48 minutes in a 1 point win..

Its the weak side rotating that was killing the thunder. They were at their best when he was on
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,056

Post#85 » by slick_watts » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Pillendreher wrote:Russ with another 40+ point game. Was it just me or did he look like he had more lift when rising up? I know a couple of those post-ups were short/blocked, but overall I thought his shots just looked "better".

it was just you.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#86 » by Old Man Game » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:06 pm

Seemed like once again the complete inability to guard the high pick and roll was the real problem. Hard with Mitchell out there who can score out to the three point line though I guess.

Sent from my Pixel using RealGM mobile app
CROklahoma
Junior
And1: 130

Post#87 » by CROklahoma » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:14 pm

RalphSampsonJr wrote:
CROklahoma wrote:They were feasting on Adams whole game, thats what kept Utah in the game after 3rd.

Dont get whats Donovan doing, Sam got him legitimate backup C and he is waiving with towel all night. Such a dumb coaching staff is something that wont get us over the hump in playoffs, nothing is changing for 3 years ...

Could've easily put Morris to create some mismatch on offensive end, considering Adams couldnt grab a clean board whole night.

Just go straight up offense no defense strategy throughout final 3rd of season and put Morris or PPat as centre, either Adams is really banged or he is tanking ...

Couldnt get a board? Dude had 7 offensive boards. Against the best defensive center in the league.

Morris got 2 fouls on him in his 1st 5 minutes.. but yea lets chuck him on one of the best defensive players in the league for his first thunder game..

Its the weak side rotating that was killing the thunder. They were at their best when he was on

Thats your stat of the night for Adams ? +19 ?

They had a PARTY in our paint after 3rd quater. FIESTA. He was mishandling clean boards, Favors, Oneall, Gobert, they all got extra possesions cause of Adams not being able to control, and patrol the paint.
Schroeder grabbed equal defensive boards as Adams did.
Stop this nonsense and rest the **** center, he cant play for 46 minutes a night. Get anyone out there and just jump, contest, ser screens, hustle.

Adams was great in 1/3 of the season, but he is having a down year from there on out. So I guess the main culprit should be Westbrook again right, year after year ? Get the **** up and rebound the god damn ball in our paint.
We aint going no where in playoffs with us not having advantage deep in paint. Get him healed up, rested, anything that is bothering him, beacuse without real Steven Adams, we wont go to far if Gobert, Cousins, Nurkic, Jokic, Capella and the rest outweight him. He is paid well to matchup with some of those guys. He deserves criticism if we all can spit the **** out of Russ whole year. Get your money earned.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,547

Post#88 » by Bergmaniac » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:24 pm

I am all for playing Adams less, but in this game he was way better than Noel and Morris who were both horrendous, Noel probably had his worst game ever as a Thunder, just couldn't do anything on either end, so it's tough to blame Donovan for playing him such heavy minutes. But Adams clearly looked tired after the first half, which is a concern for sure since he just came from a break. He needs to be rested in some of the back to backs, starting from tomorrow.
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect

Post#89 » by RalphSampsonJr » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:43 pm

CROklahoma wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:

They had a PARTY in our paint after 3rd quater. FIESTA. He was mishandling clean boards, Favors, Oneall, Gobert, they all got extra possesions cause of Adams not being able to control, and patrol the paint.
Stop this nonsense and rest the **** center, he cant play for 46 minutes a night. Get anyone out there and just jump, contest, ser screens, hustle.

Adams was great in 1/3 of the season, but he is having a down year from there on out. So I guess the main culprit should be Westbrook again right, year after year ? Get the **** up and rebound the god damn ball in our paint.
We aint going no where in playoffs with us not having advantage deep in paint. Get him healed up, rested, anything that is bothering him, beacuse without real Steven Adams, we wont go to far if Gobert, Cousins, Nurkic, Jokic, Capella and the rest outweight him. He is paid well to matchup with some of those guys. He deserves criticism if we all can spit the **** out of Russ whole year. Get your money earned.

Anyone that has watched the thunder for the last 5 years know that Adams doesnt grab many defensive boards. He boxes out for the rest of the team.

He definitely needs to challenge more at the rim. I feel he doesnt want to go for the block in fear of getting the foul call but he only had 2 all game and needed to at least get in front of the attacker.

Adams played that many minutes because they were winning when he was on. Yea 40+ minutes is not ideal but double OT games dont happen every game. He was on because the thunder were at their best with him on.

Hes looked terrible for the last few weeks but tonught was not like those last few games.

Favors was having his way all night.. wheres the Grant hate??
JustOneFix
Analyst
And1: 408

Post#90 » by JustOneFix » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:58 pm

We were lucky Snider didn't force Gobert & Favors more. They were killing us anytime those 2 were on the floor together...
Pillendreher
RealGM
And1: 9,952

Post#91 » by Pillendreher » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:50 pm

slick_watts wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:Russ with another 40+ point game. Was it just me or did he look like he had more lift when rising up? I know a couple of those post-ups were short/blocked, but overall I thought his shots just looked "better".

it was just you.

"I don't know of any player that, when the shot goes up, he doesn't want it to go in," Donovan said
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#92 » by Old Man Game » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:12 pm

Pillendreher wrote:
slick_watts wrote:

it was just you.

I thought the jumper looked smoother at times but I didn't think the lift specifically looked better.
Griff83
Assistant Coach
And1: 186

Post#93 » by Griff83 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:24 pm

Any idea of what the lineup might look like tonight vs the Kings?
CROklahoma
Junior
And1: 130

Post#94 » by CROklahoma » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:12 pm

Griff83 wrote:Any idea of what the lineup might look like tonight vs the Kings?

I do, starters for 40+ minutes each, 1-2 off the bench. PLAYOFFS !
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Post#95 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Osirus89 wrote:Yeah PG was in the top 3 MVP before this game.
He's the front-runner now. I don't care what anyone says.

He's not even in the race. It is Giannias or Harden. I'm not saying that is how it should be, but that is how it is. The NBA wants one of those two to win and so it will happen. PG would have to be clearly the best option to have a realistic chance. ESPN even did a fluff piece for the other day on Giannias Vs Harden for MVP with both getting detailed reasons why they should win while PG got a single sentence.

I don’t think George gets the credit he deserves defensively.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#96 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:20 pm

Griff83 wrote:Any idea of what the lineup might look like tonight vs the Kings?

No idea what it will actually look like but it needs to have less minutes for the starters.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#97 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:30 pm

slick_watts wrote:

it was just you.

Nah he looked better. Doesn’t mean it will last but it was nice to see.
Raijin
Freshman
And1: 105

Post#98 » by Raijin » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:35 pm

CROklahoma wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:

You do realise we can't rebound at all with Adams off the floor, right? You do realise Noel is a poor rebounder and can't set a screen, right? You do realise when the Wizards ran with Keef at the 5 their defensive rebounding was historically bad, right?

We have a 75.8 DREB% with Adams on the floor, and it drops to 67.7% with him off. This is the largest on/off disparity by any starting centre in the league.

With Adams off the floor and Russ on, it's at 70.2%. With Adams on, and Russ off, it's at 74.8%.

When Adams missed the game against the Magic, the Magic had 18 offensive boards. Guess what their team high is on the season? Yeah...

I'm all for Adams getting less minutes - but stop with this rebounding nonsense. Every **** year it's the same ****.
RalphSampsonJr
Pro Prospect

Post#99 » by RalphSampsonJr » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:07 am

Raijin wrote:
CROklahoma wrote:
RalphSampsonJr wrote:

You do realise we can't rebound at all with Adams off the floor, right? You do realise Noel is a poor rebounder and can't set a screen, right? You do realise when the Wizards ran with Keef at the 5 their defensive rebounding was historically bad, right?

We have a 75.8 DREB% with Adams on the floor, and it drops to 67.7% with him off. This is the largest on/off disparity by any starting centre in the league.

With Adams off the floor and Russ on, it's at 70.2%. With Adams on, and Russ off, it's at 74.8%.

When Adams missed the game against the Magic, the Magic had 18 offensive boards. Guess what their team high is on the season? Yeah...

I'm all for Adams getting less minutes - but stop with this rebounding nonsense. Every **** year it's the same ****.

Nah man he got the same amount of defensive boards as Dennis so he must just be doing nothing down there..
Osirus89
Starter
And1: 2,016

Post#100 » by Osirus89 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:58 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Osirus89 wrote:Yeah PG was in the top 3 MVP before this game.
He's the front-runner now. I don't care what anyone says.

He's not even in the race. It is Giannias or Harden. I'm not saying that is how it should be, but that is how it is. The NBA wants one of those two to win and so it will happen. PG would have to be clearly the best option to have a realistic chance. ESPN even did a fluff piece for the other day on Giannias Vs Harden for MVP with both getting detailed reasons why they should win while PG got a single sentence.

Harden is a fake candidate. Houston looks like they will beat GS without him and hes been sabotaging them with his selfish bricking ways recently. He's been the definition of empty stats recently. He wasn't in December and January, but he has been recently.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder