Who has a bigger impact, PG or Westbrook?

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Westbrook or George

Russel Westbrook
22%
Paul George
78%

Total votes: 9

SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,817

Who has a bigger impact, PG or Westbrook? 

Post#1 » by SaveTheHens » Fri Mar 1, 2019 3:26 pm

Hey guys I'm a Raptors fan originally but the Thunder is the team I root for in the West, what a season. Paul George has been beasting and Russ is still a god, averaging a triple double.

Who ultimately is the main guy in your opinion? If a guy went down with the cold for a week, which absence would be greater felt? I'll share my opinion later but I don't want to bias any results.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,124

Re: Who has a bigger impact, PG or Westbrook? 

Post#2 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Mar 1, 2019 4:05 pm

PG13 is obviously having a way better year than Westbrook but Westbrook was the best player last 5-6 years. Westbrook has the kind of energy that a team really need (even if sometimes he makes bad decisions) but at the same time, even if I HATE Schroeder and believe he's trash, he's still a way better back up than any SF back up available in our team. So I guess I would pick PG13 at least this year because of lack of depth, otherwise I would pick Westbrook even if he's not the best Thunder player anymore.
CROklahoma
Junior
And1: 130

Post#3 » by CROklahoma » Fri Mar 1, 2019 4:58 pm

George is better defender, and a better offensive player.
Westbrook's only advantage is his playmaking, but he is negating that a lot by his shot selection ...
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Post#4 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Mar 1, 2019 5:46 pm

Bigger impact is George this year. Russ always seems to have a louder impact, for better or worse.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#5 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sat Mar 2, 2019 5:03 pm

PG has the biggest positive impact this season and I would say PG is having the 2nd best season in the NBA this year. In addition to the obvious numbers PG is also leading the NBA in RPM. This team will only go as far as PG can carry it.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder